Aberdeen Managerial Vacancy

It amazes me that some folk go into meltdown as soon as another manager in the SPL has a potential to move on. Why would Aberdeen go for JR? Yes JR saved us from relegation but only after a dreadful run when we couldn't buy a win. Why would JR be higher up the pecking order than say Jim Duffy? Jim has done a fantastic job at Morton has he not???Are the Morton fans also discussing the idea of losing their manager to Aberdeen??? I wonder, but probably not.
JR has come out publicly and stated he still has a job to do at SMFC after the Dundee approach, so to me that should put an end to it. As stated by some on here, JR is not ready for a move to Aberdeen, which I agree with (but that's my opinion)

29 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

It amazes me that some folk go into meltdown as soon as another manager in the SPL has a potential to move on. Why would Aberdeen go for JR? Yes JR saved us from relegation but only after a dreadful run when we couldn't buy a win. Why would JR be higher up the pecking order than say Jim Duffy? Jim has done a fantastic job at Morton has he not???Are the Morton fans also discussing the idea of losing their manager to Aberdeen??? I wonder, but probably not.
JR has come out publicly and stated he still has a job to do at SMFC after the Dundee approach, so to me that should put an end to it. As stated by some on here, JR is not ready for a move to Aberdeen, which I agree with (but that's my opinion)

Mainly because of the end to the season COMBINED with the style of football he asks his team to play.

8 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Mainly because of the end to the season COMBINED with the style of football he asks his team to play.

& some folk relish every smidgeon of a chance to wet their knickers

Edited by Kombibuddie

38 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

There is a distinct lack of faith permeating through.
Time folk changed their mindset to half full

You certainly have a point . I reckon long years of mediocrity , whereby we have seen clubs like Hamilton, Thistle , Ross Cunty and even the Highland franchise rise above us has made it difficult for many of our fans to have higher expectations for the Club. .it is all in the state of mind. .

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

We're on the crest of a wave & it beggars belief that so many have JR leaving to any managerial vacancy in Scotland.
Time we believed &
KTF

My reading of it is that when a bigger club suddenly need a new manager, we are immediately worried that Jack might at least be on their radar. I see this as a compliment to Jack that we rate him highly enough to go 'gulp... hope (insert name of club here) don't go for Jack.

Makes a change from recent years when if it happened, we'd have clubbed together to organise the bus fare to ship the cnuts to Aberdeen ourselves.

After the hullabaloo surrounding the Dundee interest, I'll be giving the speculation a miss this time. I'd hope Jack himself would rule himself out having just agreed a new deal, as we can't keep giving him a rise each time a club shows interest in him. 

12 minutes ago, Soctty said:

After the hullabaloo surrounding the Dundee interest, I'll be giving the speculation a miss this time. I'd hope Jack himself would rule himself out having just agreed a new deal, as we can't keep giving him a rise each time a club shows interest in him. 

Only agreed. Has he signed.

8 hours ago, Soctty said:

Has Jack signed the deal ? Understand it has not been signed as of yesterday afternoon.

Ehhhhh. I'm with @Soctty - this is far too f**king tiring. 

I wouldn't feel as aggrieved if he went to Aberdeen as I would have done with Dundee but, honestly, I CBA keeping up with the updates and speculation this time. I got zero work done that week Jack Ross was on holiday. In fact, he probably achieved more than I did :lol:

6 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Ehhhhh. I'm with @Soctty - this is far too f**king tiring. 

I wouldn't feel as aggrieved if he went to Aberdeen as I would have done with Dundee but, honestly, I CBA keeping up with the updates and speculation this time. I got zero work done that week Jack Ross was on holiday. In fact, he probably achieved more than I did :lol:

He got a raise.  did you?:king