Massive Fire In London Tower Block

shull

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Is that the best comeback you have? Seriously?

Your original post was nothing short of sensationalism and is, quite frankly, pish poor.

The enormity of this disaster has been like nothing that has happened before and other issues have, quite rightly, been priority.

Your cheap shot is nothing short of an embarrassment.

Shame on you. <_<

16 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Seems surviving residents are still getting rent taken from them

well

If they are already rehoused, and back at work, then they would need to pay rent to ensure continuity of service from the council

if they are not earning then the state and council should be supporting them, but rent is always paid for council residents-even if it is by the council themselves via housing benefit.

I guess that housing benefit should also be picking up the tab for those in private rent who are currently not earning

Guest TPAFKATS
Your original post was nothing short of sensationalism and is, quite frankly, pish poor.
The enormity of this disaster has been like nothing that has happened before and other issues have, quite rightly, been priority.
Your cheap shot is nothing short of an embarrassment.
Shame on you. <_>

The Daily Mail has spoken

Guest TPAFKATS
well
If they are already rehoused, and back at work, then they would need to pay rent to ensure continuity of service from the council
if they are not earning then the state and council should be supporting them, but rent is always paid for council residents-even if it is by the council themselves via housing benefit.
I guess that housing benefit should also be picking up the tab for those in private rent who are currently not earning

Haven't seen any reports suggesting anyone has been rehoused. AFAIK folks are in temporary hotel accommodation which is changed on a regular basis at short notice.
As I said previously, it's another decision poorly made and poorly handled by a cooncil that is so well off financially, reserves in the tens of millions, that it gave full council tax payers rebates of 100 quid each.

Labour MP David Lammy suggests a 'white, upper-middle class man' should not have been hired to lead the #GrenfellTower inquiry

Why not , David ? :blink:

Summat wrong with someone being white, upper middle class and being a man ?

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

Labour MP David Lammy suggests a 'white, upper-middle class man' should not have been hired to lead the #GrenfellTower inquiry

From the ones I talk to in general they don't tend to have as much sympathy for the working class of any colour.

24 minutes ago, Longtimecoming said:

From the ones I talk to in general they don't tend to have as much sympathy for the working class of any colour.

And David Lammy doesn't care much for a White Man who he says is upper middle class.

Guest TPAFKATS
The TelegraphVerified account @Telegraph Follow More

He said much more than just the Telegraph tweet. Explaining in detail, but I guess you just read the headline?

1 hour ago, Longtimecoming said:

You always said you don't believe in class but it is the masses of the working classes who bind a society together.

Was that the Working Class binding Society together in Glasgow on Saturday ?  :lol:

26 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

He said much more than just the Telegraph tweet. Explaining in detail, but I guess you just read the headline?

Aye, just read the Headline.

Been a busy boy tonight.

Paraphrase it for me please.

9 minutes ago, Longtimecoming said:

Nope. Mostly lazy Rule Britannia Tory voters who hate Scotland.

You would get on well with them Shull.

No I wouldn't.

They are people full of hatred for other people who in return are full of hatred for them.

The Masses are Asses and have no class.

Scotland will be a better place when these two factions bury the hatchet by celebrating both their Cultures and marching together in harmony.

And have a massive knees up after the Walking and be best of pals.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Just read more than the Tweet and watched his Video.

Lammy is full of hatred and a bigot.

Horrible human being.

• 2 months later...
On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, zurich_allan said:

My sister in law works at one of the main hospitals that people were being taken to. She has said that the number of deaths being publicised in the news is not far off of a tenth of the actual number... :-(

Just been reported that the actual number is less than the 80 that had been confirmed.

I sincerely wish everybody would just leave utter speculation to the gutter press. :thumbsdown

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, faraway saint said:

Didn't see this, supposedly on channel4...................how does this person "know" the media and "everyone" is aware of this 150 figure? Time will tell..............

CHANNEL4 News tonight. Interviewed a young lady, Lilley Allen, who grew up in the area of the Kensington tower block. She asked Jon Snow why are the Mainstream Media managing the death count, the police, the fire crews, the media all know the death toll is 150 a lot of those children, stop saying it's 17. Jon Snow stuttered..yes we have heard those figures but they're not confirmed yet. She said everyone knows its 150 not 17 stop saying 17. She was shuffled off shot at that point.

Lilly Allen, shut up.....................that's all.

No shame, spouting nothing more than outrageous speculation and trying to make out she's some sort of voice of the people. :angry:

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just been reported that the actual number is less than the 80 that had been confirmed.

I sincerely wish everybody would just leave utter speculation to the gutter press. :thumbsdown

That report must be wrong.Loads of experts (:rolleyes:) on here seemed to know there were hundreds killed.

Maybe it's a cover up.

Lilly Allen, shut up.....................that's all.
No shame, spouting nothing more than outrageous speculation and trying to make out she's some sort of voice of the people. :angry:

Lilly Allen... The young lady who had a hit singing about premature ejaculation and mocking men!

The voice of social conscience who so profoundly sang...

"I want loads of clothes and f**kloads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them

And I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
'Cause everyone knows that's how you get famous".

Personally speaking, I'd rather be spoken down to by Shull on one of his med free days!

Lilly Allen... The young lady who had a hit singing about premature ejaculation and mocking men!

The voice of social conscience who so profoundly sang...

"I want loads of clothes and f**kloads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them

And I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
'Cause everyone knows that's how you get famous".

Personally speaking, I'd rather be spoken down to by Shull on one of his med free days!

Are you even remotely aware of what 'ironic' means?

Guest TPAFKATS
That report must be wrong.Loads of experts (:rolleyes:) on here seemed to know there were hundreds killed.
Maybe it's a cover up.

Can't be a cover up - I mean it's not as if that's happened with previous disasters.