Sir Billy Connolly

shull

Lovely words from the Big Yin... him and Rikki Fulton... legends.

On his knighthood, he said: "I have an ordinary background and it was never on the horizon when I was growing up that I might get this."

He said his sister Flo, who died last year, would have loved him getting the honour and he wished his parents had been around to see it.

"I'm not big on pride but whatever the equivalent of pride is that is a bit decent, I've got that," he said.

"I'm a little embarrassed but deep within me I'm very pleased."

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

He should be made King of Scotland , Just imagine it ....... a catholic King Billy.

Learn history mate. The Marquiss of Bute are direct descendants of Mary Queen Of Scots. Jonny Bute is the current Marquiss of Bute who you might know as Jonny Dunbar the racing driver. Think of rich treble plus treble by 10 x that's how poor they are. That is nothing to the Royal Family who are 100 times richer. But f**k me let the peasants burn in their towers 

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Learn history mate. The Marquiss of Bute are direct descendants of Mary Queen Of Scots. Jonny Bute is the current Marquiss of Bute who you might know as Jonny Dunbar the racing driver. Think of rich treble plus treble by 10 x that's how poor they are. That is nothing to the Royal Family who are 100 times richer. But f**k me let the peasants burn in their towers 

I think your first thought this morning will be "feck me" did I write that....:blink:, Damned alcohol...:lol:

Johnny Dumfries

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Am I the only one who thought he already was?

Am I the only one who thinks this is an antiquated, nonsensical waste of money and, even if not, that it has been devalued anyway. Just look at the names on the honours list. Ed F'n Sheeran? MBE? I'm glad I am a Scot who doesn't feel the need to pay homage to some unelected hanger on.

Edited by stlucifer

Am I the only one who thinks this is an antiquated, nonsensical waste of money and, even if not, that it has been devalued anyway. Just look at the names on the homnours list. Ed F'n Sheeran? MBE? I'm glad I am a Scot who doesn't feel the need to pay homage to some unelected hanger on.

No.

On 17/06/2017 at 0:22 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The Marquiss of Bute has never existed. His title is Marquess of Bute.

17 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is an antiquated, nonsensical waste of money and, even if not, that it has been devalued anyway. Just look at the names on the honours list. Ed F'n Sheeran? MBE? I'm glad I am a Scot who doesn't feel the need to pay homage to some unelected hanger on.

No from me as well.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...