We Live In Such A Beautiful Country

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Aye - have to agree with you.  The further we headed north, the dourer, more sober and less welcoming it seemed to be.

It was suggested to me that BARRA is relatively free-er and easier cos it is the catholic island - the people can enjoy a wee bit of sin, then confess to be absolved of the guilt burden... but further north the island inhabitants become more and more Wee Free... and so ... er.... less free... and also - more glum.  :( 

STILL a beautiful landscape, though,  :)

Worked up and down all the islands in the late 90's and early 00's. Barra was the best for late nights at the pub and good chat with the locals, the Uists were strange, green and white flag in the Lochboisdale hotel bar in South Uist and blue and white in the Lochmaddy hotel bar in North Uist, folk were still fairly friendly. Onto Harris and it's gloomy and a bit of a task to get folk to chat, In Stornoway on Lewis it was busy when the ferry came in or left and very quiet in-between, apart from the back streets where the youngsters hung about at night and got doped-up, it had the reputation as the most troublesome place in Scotland (per head of population) for drug abuse.

On 2017-6-18 at 10:16 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

My biggest pet hate Bud.

I f**kin hate inconsiderate f**kwits who drop their litter  and expect someone else to clean up after them !! Id have f**kin snipers to take the bastards out. :angry:

Litter the place wi' bodies.......................................................................that makes sense.  

1 hour ago, Stoobs said:

Trust me, I cycle all over Scotland. Never experienced a wind like that. Hill was steep downhill but impossible to freewheel. Friction and wind resistance beat gravity.

Trust you!!!    Huh.

I think you wurnae even on the Hebrides!

sounds more like Ayrshire.  Girvan-ish....

The Electric Brae...