Another Attack In London

Attacking innocent Muslims going about their daily business. We really need a big change here. Most thought this a possibility and those involved will claim it's retribution. It's NOT. It's Murder. Plain and simple. What do we do about it? I just don't know. We seem to be on a downward spiral. I can only hope all communities and religions stand together and make our voice louder than the idiots. One good thing was that the law abiding people didn't take revenge out, but, when they caught one of the criminals, they handed him over to the authorities. how tempting it would have been to do that guy real harm. well done those people and, to the authorities, the full weight of the law needs to be seen to be thrown at this idiot and, when caught, anyone even remotely associated with the attack.

The Christian community really need to do more to stop these attacks [emoji6]

The way our 'politically correct' country reports these atrocities is unbelievable.

Westminster & Borough Market - 'A car/van has ploughed into pedestrians' ( no mention of the religion of the victims)

Last night ? ' A man has driven into a crowd of muslims '

Why not , A man has driven into a crowd of pedestrians/ group of people?

Either way, really wish we can bring about an end to these attacks on people regardless of ethnicity or religious beliefs

17 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

The way our 'politically correct' country reports these atrocities is unbelievable.

Westminster & Borough Market - 'A car/van has ploughed into pedestrians' ( no mention of the religion of the victims)

Last night ? ' A man has driven into a crowd of muslims '

Why not , A man has driven into a crowd of pedestrians/ group of people?

Either way, really wish we can bring about an end to these attacks on people regardless of ethnicity or religious beliefs

To be fair, the Westminster and London Bridge incidents saw nutjobs drive into what would likely be a typical cross-section of people in London at any time - locals of varying colour / creed / religion, tourists of varying nationality / colour / creed / religion. The nutjobs behind the wheel of those vehicles had no clue who they would hit - they could easily have killed many Muslims. They just ploughed into whoever was unlucky enough to be in their path.

Last night's nutjob deliberately drove into people at midnight prayer at a Mosque. Unlikely to be Aussie tourists, French punters on honeymoon, Americans over here to take photos of Buckingham Palace.... Muslims were deliberately targeted. The nutjob did indeed drive into a crowd of Muslims - then shouted he wanted to kill them all.

I'm no lover of the gutter press, but I don't see the issue in saying someone drove into a group of Muslims - that's exactly what they did, and knew they were doing.

To be fair, the Westminster and London Bridge incidents saw nutjobs drive into what would likely be a typical cross-section of people in London at any time - locals of varying colour / creed / religion, tourists of varying nationality / colour / creed / religion. The nutjobs behind the wheel of those vehicles had no clue who they would hit - they could easily have killed many Muslims. They just ploughed into whoever was unlucky enough to be in their path.
Last night's nutjob deliberately drove into people at midnight prayer at a Mosque. Unlikely to be Aussie tourists, French punters on honeymoon, Americans over here to take photos of Buckingham Palace.... Muslims were deliberately targeted. The nutjob did indeed drive into a crowd of Muslims - then shouted he wanted to kill them all.
I'm no lover of the gutter press, but I don't see the issue in saying someone drove into a group of Muslims - that's exactly what they did, and knew they were doing.

But it was one nutjob in an isolated attack.

How is that a "terrorist" attack?

How does that isolated London incident by a nutjob warrant increased police protection at every mosque in Scotland?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

How does that isolated London incident by a nutjob warrant increased police protection at every mosque in Scotland?

Not sure why you are addressing these questions to me? I'm merely saying I don't see the issue in any media outlet saying last night's crazed fcuktard drove into a crowd of Muslims, whereas they reported on the other incidents by saying the crazed fcuktards drove into a crowd of pedestrians.

Put it this way, if some crazed fcuktard drove into a crowd at Ibrox, it would be reasonable to expect the media to say 'a crazed fcuktard drove into a crowd of knuckle-dragging bigot cnuts'.

I like accuracy from our press. :P

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So if it's one white person he's a nutter not a terrorist?

As I don't know all the facts here, I'm waiting to see if perhaps it was an accident that a Welsh van mounted the pavement where a crowd of people were tending to someone who had taken ill.

There have been reports that the person wanted to kill Muslims, not yet substantiated.

if this was a bona fide Total c**t intending to kill Muslims, then he is an utter failure.

30 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

It's, quite clearly, a racist attack with a section of the community being clearly targeted.

In the current climate there's no real doubt this was "terror" attack and while I agree this was an "isolated" attack against Muslims it certainly wasn't isolated in the last few weeks/months.

I think increasing protection at Mosques is warranted as is the increased police presence in many areas of the UK.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

As I don't know all the facts here, I'm waiting to see if perhaps it was an accident that a Welsh van mounted the pavement where a crowd of people were tending to someone who had taken ill.

There have been reports that the person wanted to kill Muslims, not yet substantiated.

if this was a bona fide Total c**t intending to kill Muslims, then he is an utter failure.

Aye, that's was it, ya fecking nutter. :wacko:

I suppose eye witness who clearly stated he was shouting about killing Muslims isn't enough for some who are in some weird parallel universe.

This cnut is slightly more than an "utter failure" but everyone to their own.

31 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not sure why you are addressing these questions to me? I'm merely saying I don't see the issue in any media outlet saying last night's crazed fcuktard drove into a crowd of Muslims, whereas they reported on the other incidents by saying the crazed fcuktards drove into a crowd of pedestrians.

Put it this way, if some crazed fcuktard drove into a crowd at Ibrox, it would be reasonable to expect the media to say 'a crazed fcuktard drove into a crowd of knuckle-dragging bigot cnuts'.

I like accuracy from our press. :P

The guys at London Bridge drove into a crowd of people not knowing what religions they would kill/injure.The guys at the mosque drove into a crowd knowing it was Muslims they would hit so it's fair to report "they drove into a crowd of muslims"

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

The guys at London Bridge drove into a crowd of people not knowing what religions they would kill/injure.The guys at the mosque drove into a crowd knowing it was Muslims they would hit so it's fair to report "they drove into a crowd of muslims"

Indeed. That's exactly what I said. I don't see the issue in the reporting.

Guest TPAFKATS

How did that isolated Manchester incident warrant increased police protection at every major event in Scotland?

How did that isolated Glasgow Airport incident warrant increased protection at every major airport?

It would appear to aome that a brown face dying does not warrant the same attention of that of a white face.

Terrorism is terrorism it attacks all creeds and faiths.

Let the decent among us be they left wing, right wing, black, white, yellow or in between not turn on each othet.

Don't let the bastards win

How did that isolated Manchester incident warrant increased police protection at every major event in Scotland?

How did that isolated Glasgow Airport incident warrant increased protection at every major airport?

Because the terror alert throughout the UK was raised due to the chance of increased coordinated attacks.

Last night would certainly seem to be a racist attack...but I do think it is very differemt from a coordinated terrorist attack.

It would appear to aome that a brown face dying does not warrant the same attention of that of a white face.
Terrorism is terrorism it attacks all creeds and faiths.
Let the decent among us be they left wing, right wing, black, white, yellow or in between not turn on each othet.
Don't let the bastards win

Nobody on here has said suggested or even hinted at that.

The nature of the attack is what sets it apart, nothing to do with the race or ethnicity of victims or perpetrator.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Because the terror alert throughout the UK was raised due to the chance of increased coordinated attacks.

Last night would certainly seem to be a racist attack...but I do think it is very differemt from a coordinated terrorist attack.

I think the terms (racist & terrorist) can be almost inseparable, depending on the circumstances and, TBH, not worth splitting hairs.

11 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Aye... Big difference between a racist nutjob and a terrorist who would generally be part of a cell.

Terrorists do not always need to be part of a cell. Then you have a "terrorist" nutjob.

As I said, not worth bickering about.

Edited by faraway saint