Another Attack In London

Guest TPAFKATS
How do they qualify as an extremist? On the "radar" for what? How long are they off the streets? You haven't thought this through. Such a simple world. :blink:

Been through this with him before.
Was this guy on the radar? Doubtful

Also, what the f**k is an extremist?
The folk protesting after grenfell were described by some press and politicians as extremists. So are we interning them?

There is evidently no universal consensus as to what constitutes 'terrorism'.

The issue seems to be that the media and politicians, etc, seem to employ the term selectively.

Working in the field of mental health, I'm also not comfortable with the assumption that many of these people have mental health issues. Damaged, bitter, hateful, etc.? I've no doubt about that, but we need to be careful about how we define mental health.

If the guy who drove the van into the folks outside Finsbury Park Mosque or killed Jo Cox read some of the bile in the Sun, Mail, or Express, and followed Tommy Robinson and his ilk on Facebook, it could easily be argued that his attack was formulated in much the same way as those of Islamic extremists. Intolerance, divisiveness, and disregard for others in favour of an extreme, rigid ideology.

One man's terrorist, is, well.... another man's terrorist.

You're right, there isn't a universally accepted definition, but what I defined is about as close to it as possible. It's the working definition used by most counter terrorism organisations, policy makers, and academic experts in the area at least in Westernised societies.

25 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

You're right, there isn't a universally accepted definition, but what I defined is about as close to it as possible. It's the working definition used by most counter terrorism organisations, policy makers, and academic experts in the area at least in Westernised societies.

Perhaps, but it becomes largely meaningless as media outlets, politicians, and others employ the term in whatever manner suits their perspective/agenda. That is the critical point.

8 hours ago, Drew said:

The issue seems to be that the media and politicians, etc, seem to employ the term selectively.

Working in the field of mental health, I'm also not comfortable with the assumption that many of these people have mental health issues. Damaged, bitter, hateful, etc.? I've no doubt about that, but we need to be careful about how we define mental health.

If the guy who drove the van into the folks outside Finsbury Park Mosque or killed Jo Cox read some of the bile in the Sun, Mail, or Express, and followed Tommy Robinson and his ilk on Facebook, it could easily be argued that his attack was formulated in much the same way as those of Islamic extremists. Intolerance, divisiveness, and disregard for others in favour of an extreme, rigid ideology.

Yep!

Yep.jpg

Tommy Robinson is a racist??? I'd disagree with that.

20 hours ago, Drew said:

Probably an extremist is , well an extremist . The media will use labels to give their slant on things . For instance when various insurgents were trying to topple the Smith regime in Rhodesia , they were terrorists but the forces that aligned to topple General Gaddfi were generally regarded as freedom fighters . We don't hear Catholicophobe or Proddyophobe when our home grown hate mobs are at it , they are just bigots . . 

What would you say he is?

He's not anti Muslim, he's against Muslim extremism in Britain. I personally hadn't heard of Tommy Robinson up until a couple of months ago and came about him by pure accident whilst watching a clip of Nigel Farage on YouTube with regards to the increasing terror attacks in the U.K. and mainland Europe.

Nigel Farage, Douglas Murray for example more or less share the same views as Tommy Robinson, are the three of them racists?

Tommy Robinson may not have had the same social upbringing as Nigel Farage or Douglas Murray and may not have the same media skills, but he's clear in his beliefs and what he believes is right from wrong.

Here's a clip from YouTube by Tommy Robinson after the latest attack at the London Mosque. If you also check on YouTube for "UK against hate" you'll see Tommy Robinson there along with Blacks, Sikhs, Jews...... and even Muslims.

Have a look Faraway Saint at this, understand the reasoning behind it and then tell me what you think. Maybe you have done already and you believe Tommy Robinson is indeed a racist, you're entitled to your opinion.

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

How do they qualify as an extremist? On the "radar" for what? How long are they off the streets? You haven't thought this through. Such a simple world. :blink:

The Criteria is for the Government, Judiciary and  Security forces to decide.  How many times after an atrocity have we heard the extremist was 'on the radar'.  Get them off the streets and we willundoubtedly save innocent lives.  Do you not agree? 

21 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Been through this with him before.
Was this guy on the radar? Doubtful

Also, what the f**k is an extremist?
The folk protesting after grenfell were described by some press and politicians as extremists. So are we interning them?

You are full of questions, which I answered before and above.  You should have a good idea who 'them' are. Internment will prevent quite a few innocents being slaughtered and free up investigators to investigate more of them.  GET THEM OFF THE STREETS!

Edited by Vambo57

5 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

He's not anti Muslim, he's against Muslim extremism in Britain. I personally hadn't heard of Tommy Robinson up until a couple of months ago and came about him by pure accident whilst watching a clip of Nigel Farage on YouTube with regards to the increasing terror attacks in the U.K. and mainland Europe.

Nigel Farage, Douglas Murray for example more or less share the same views as Tommy Robinson, are the three of them racists?

Tommy Robinson may not have had the same social upbringing as Nigel Farage or Douglas Murray and may not have the same media skills, but he's clear in his beliefs and what he believes is right from wrong.

Here's a clip from YouTube by Tommy Robinson after the latest attack at the London Mosque. If you also check on YouTube for "UK against hate" you'll see Tommy Robinson there along with Blacks, Sikhs, Jews...... and even Muslims.

Have a look Faraway Saint at this, understand the reasoning behind it and then tell me what you think. Maybe you have done already and you believe Tommy Robinson is indeed a racist, you're entitled to your opinion.

I would say he is a cnut.

Can't stand the vile bitter little man.

To answer your question yes I do think Farage is also a disgusting Little Englander.

I would take no notice of their bitter rants.

Edited by Longtimecoming

Guest TPAFKATS
You are full of questions, which I answered before and above.  You should have a good idea who 'them' are. Internment will prevent quite a few innocents being slaughtered and free up investigators to investigate more of them.  GET THEM OFF THE STREETS!

You really haven't answered my questions.

5 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

The Criteria is for the Government, Judiciary and  Security forces to decide.  How many times after an atrocity have we heard the extremist was 'on the radar'.  Get them off the streets and we willundoubtedly save innocent lives.  Do you not agree? 

The problem, and it's a major issue, is that it's well nigh impossible to clarify what extremism is and, therefore, impossible to clearly criminalise it.

Your simplistic idea that if anyone is "on the radar" should be "off the streets" is so flawed is simply impossible to carry out and would, IMO, cause more problems than it would solve with communities boiling over in anger at "wrongful" arrests, resulting in riots/deaths increasing throughput the country.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The problem, and it's a major issue, is that it's well nigh impossible to clarify what extremism is and, therefore, impossible to clearly criminalise it.

Your simplistic idea that if anyone is "on the radar" should be "off the streets" is so flawed is simply impossible to carry out and would, IMO, cause more problems than it would solve with communities boiling over in anger at "wrongful" arrests, resulting in riots/deaths increasing throughput the country.

I wear a St Mitten strip to bed every night. Stick my season ticket on the living room wall. Take my dog out with a St Mitten coat on even when it is sunny. My car is painted black and white stripes while the day before matches I camp outside the gate so I'm first in the stadium for match days. That is extreme hope that helps. 

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I wear a St Mitten strip to bed every night. Stick my season ticket on the living room wall. Take my dog out with a St Mitten coat on even when it is sunny. My car is painted black and white stripes while the day before matches I camp outside the gate so I'm first in the stadium for match days. That is extreme hope that helps. 

You're for internment according to Vambo, thank feck. :byebye

That's internment, not internet, no internet for you. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint