The 2017/18 Champions League & Europa League Thread

shull

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We won't win the Scottish cup, it's, seemingly, all about the league.

Real Madrid 10-0 St Mirren. :lol:

We will go through after humping them in the second leg. 

Although, it might take a penalty shootout. 

21 hours ago, renfrew said:

I think the ref will get his balls booted by his chief for not stopping the game. Final insult was showing the guy with the turbin a yellow card emoji60.png

I timed the incident and reckon that there was around 5 seconds between the clash of heads and the ball reaching the back of the net. Hardly even time enough for the referee to get his whistle to his mouth.

12 minutes ago, smcc said:

I timed the incident and reckon that there was around 5 seconds between the clash of heads and the ball reaching the back of the net. Hardly even time enough for the referee to get his whistle to his mouth.

That's plenty of time since wee Willie managed to blow for 2 pens kicks in less than half that time on sat  :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Just see that the other 11 premier league clubs receive a £270,000 windfall due to Celtic getting through to the league stages.

We need to get back in that league sometime soon.

And they can all spend it on overpriced shitey players. :lol:

While Sectarian Funded Celtic will while away their time counting  25 MILLION POUNDS.

Celtic are getting what other clubs in smaller leagues are getting, so its at least well deserved on their part. What I find hilarious, though, is their fans crowing about the money as if they were getting some of it personally, instead of having to fork out extra for CL package tickets. These same fans, incidentally, when voiced on radio phone-ins rarely sound like Glaswegians, which means either glory hunters or maybe following that team for some other reason.

They tanked us 4-1 in the cup last season, so I am quite happy to avoid playing them any time soon. Of course the higher they are the bigger the fall when they are finally overtaken by someone. At present it will likely be one of the teams they face in the CL group stage.

Guest TPAFKATS
Just see that the other 11 premier league clubs receive a £270,000 windfall due to Celtic getting through to the league stages.
We need to get back in that league sometime soon.

Around 1% of what sellik will make, that'll make the league more competitive [emoji2]

Guest TPAFKATS
You can look at it anyway you like, £270,000 is a considerable cash injection for many of the other clubs in the league.
A lot better than nothing.

Yeah, it'll make a difference to operating income for the likes of Hamilton, Ross county, killie. Dundee and partick can put it towards tarting up the decrepit main stands.
Nae difference football wise to competing with sellik.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, it'll make a difference to operating income for the likes of Hamilton, Ross county, killie. Dundee and partick can put it towards tarting up the decrepit main stands.
Nae difference football wise to competing with sellik.

Not a lot, if anything, can be done about that with the support they have I'm afraid.

Same in most leagues.