The 2017/18 Champions League & Europa League Thread

shull

Just now, guinness said:

Thought Celtic were very good. Not convinced with dembele and Sinclair was poor. Forrest I have never rated but was excellent. Not convinced with goalie but overall they were very good. Still lost which shows the gap with the best

My only issue with Forrest is his tendancy to push the ball too far in front at times giving the defenders opportunities to dispossess him . His pass for the goal was tremendous

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Brown getting shown up at this level. He's good enough for Scottish league but past it at champions league or international level

Thought he was a bit up and down tonight. He's a bit Marmite, I happen to think he brings more positives than negatives. 

Most Celtic players could be seen as out of their depth but hardly past it as they have never really been at that standard.

On 17/10/2017 at 9:42 PM, faraway saint said:

Spurs were, surprisingly, good.

With a full side they could easily have won this match.

The problem comes in the return match, playing at Wembley hasn't been a great experience for them to date. 

English sides doing pretty decent so far. 

Aye, Spurs were always in with a decent shout of beating Real last night.

The result didn't flatter them, Madrid look lost, watched some of their defeat at the weekend, they lost 2-1 and it could have 4 or 5.

Overall English sides doing well but the knock out stages are where the serious sides really start to hit form. 

English sides are doing well and considering the only run of a  budget of circa 300- 400m a year  is unbelievable FFS

I can see Man City getting to final if they avoid  Bayern or PSG beforehand

I actually think the standard this year is pish and its obvious that the Spanish have had their day in the sun.....  So its not that the English teams are any better.... Atletico cant even beat Qarabag , Barcelona are old and past it and Real are also a spent force....   

Lets not forget last year Bayern put out Arsenal 10-2 , City lost to Monaco , Spurs didn't get out their group, and only bloody Leicester did ok but had a really easy pish group....

So yes Tic are billions of miles away from PSG and Bayern but I reckon you could say about 20 out the 32 are as well........................  

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

English sides are doing well and considering the only run of a  budget of circa 300- 400m a year  is unbelievable FFS

I can see Man City getting to final if they avoid  Bayern or PSG beforehand

I actually think the standard this year is pish and its obvious that the Spanish have had their day in the sun.....  So its not that the English teams are any better.... Atletico cant even beat Qarabag , Barcelona are old and past it and Real are also a spent force....   

Lets not forget last year Bayern put out Arsenal 10-2 , City lost to Monaco , Spurs didn't get out their group, and only bloody Leicester did ok but had a really easy pish group....

So yes Tic are billions of miles away from PSG and Bayern but I reckon you could say about 20 out the 32 are as well........................  

Aye, it's only Engish sides that have a big budget, I mean that PSG, they only paid over £100m for one player. :lol:

It's easy to demean the current "rise" by English teams, and as I've said, it's early days,(The real competition starts at the knock out stages), by trashing the others.

Not many said that only a few years ago that the rise of the Spanish was down to a drop in the standard by English teams, which would have been equally as ludicrous as your reckoning.

:byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
If there was a cert for tonight, Everton losing was it.
What a sad state they are in, all the early season promise and hope, gone. 

Yeah, it's amazing what Wayne Rooney can do for a team [emoji16]

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, it's only Engish sides that have a big budget, I mean that PSG, they only paid over £100m for one player. :lol:

It's easy to demean the current "rise" by English teams, and as I've said, it's early days,(The real competition starts at the knock out stages), by trashing the others.

Not many said that only a few years ago that the rise of the Spanish was down to a drop in the standard by English teams, which would have been equally as ludicrous as your reckoning.

:byebye

Geez FAS , what rise ? The English teams have plummeted in recent years. That's facts, not my opinion. And if you actually read my post you would see I said if they avoid PSG? No league in Europe  gets what the Prem does............ Sunderland bottom of the championship still getting £100m, 3 times more than Tic get for CL.

Fact that they have Pep, Jose and Conte on board makes them better

But I don't actually see who I am trashing- the Spanish clubs? If ur telling me that for example,Man Utd , the largest Football club in the world have achieved   in the last 10 years since they won it, I will listen......

I do think the Prem is the most overstated, overrated , overpaid ,league on the planet, full of mercenaries, has beens and shortcuts. I watch less now because I don't think the product is that good either and find the Bundesliga far more entertaining.....

Anyway I agree it starts last 16 so lets see 

39 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Geez FAS , what rise ? The English teams have plummeted in recent years. That's facts, not my opinion. And if you actually read my post you would see I said if they avoid PSG? No league in Europe  gets what the Prem does............ Sunderland bottom of the championship still getting £100m, 3 times more than Tic get for CL.

Fact that they have Pep, Jose and Conte on board makes them better

But I don't actually see who I am trashing- the Spanish clubs? If ur telling me that for example,Man Utd , the largest Football club in the world have achieved   in the last 10 years since they won it, I will listen......

I do think the Prem is the most overstated, overrated , overpaid ,league on the planet, full of mercenaries, has beens and shortcuts. I watch less now because I don't think the product is that good either and find the Bundesliga far more entertaining.....

Anyway I agree it starts last 16 so lets see 

Who said the English teams haven't dropped recently?

You focus on the money yet ALL the top teams, including the Spanish who all of a sudden, according to you, are shite, rake in millions, through one way or another.

I could rattle of lots of name who play in the Premier league that are far from " mercenaries, has beens and shortcuts" but I can't be arsed.

As for the Budesliga, Bayern apart, and they, IMO, are not contenders for the final this year, that is shite.

Aye, roll on the last 16.

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Who said the English teams haven't dropped recently?

You focus on the money yet ALL the top teams, including the Spanish who all of a sudden, according to you, are shite, rake in millions, through one way or another.

I could rattle of lots of name who play in the Premier league that are far from " mercenaries, has beens and shortcuts" but I can't be arsed.

As for the Budesliga, Bayern apart, and they, IMO, are not contenders for the final this year, that is shite.

Aye, roll on the last 16.

Oh....................................................................................................................Happy Friday

• 3 weeks later...