The 2017/18 Champions League & Europa League Thread

shull

Was in an eatery tonight and a young guy at the next table was quite confident they would beat Anderlecht home and away, amd get a couple of points at home from the other two.  At least the 3 young lasses in the company were impressed.

If you haven't seen Sigurdsson's goal for Everton tonight its an absolute beezer!

Edited by rabuddies
What a goal!

Guest TPAFKATS
No reason why Sellic can't get third place.

Reasonable chance, their home form should be enough although their away form is chronic.
The 2 games against Anderlecht will be critical.

Recall the same was said last year about sellik beating Borussia for 3rd place.
Suppose this year they should be stronger and anderlecht weaker than the German team was. In theory at least...

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Suppose this year they should be stronger and anderlecht weaker than the German team was. In theory at least...

Whatever happens they will 30million better off . If the Super Saints were going get 30 million I really wouldn't be that bothered about anderlecht , I mean , is that not that mob from outside Borrheed. .

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

You could say the same next season, if Celtic qualify, as 3rd is almost as much as they can hope for playing in a diddy league.

People, quite rightly, blabber on about the difference in cash Celtic have available but it's a fraction of what many other teams have at their disposal in the Champions League.

Money, overall, talks.

Guest TPAFKATS
You could say the same next season, if Celtic qualify, as 3rd is almost as much as they can hope for playing in a diddy league.
People, quite rightly, blabber on about the difference in cash Celtic have available but it's a fraction of what many other teams have at their disposal in the Champions League.
Money, overall, talks.

Yeah, just getting here and pocketing 20 or 30 million a season will soon become as boring as winning the league to some.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, insaintee said:

For what it's worth I think this season's campaign will be slightly less disappointing than last years.  But not much. I can see them trading wins with Anderlecht but that's about it. 

It's difficult to really predict as Anderlecht are in a league that's possibly a smidgen better than ours.

I happen to think Celtic, who even in recent years, have had a fairly strong home record, can threaten 2nd place this year.

The gulf in money is always a major factor but not insurmountable.

Whatever happens it's 3 games at home, full houses, and something that any Scottish team would love to be involved in.