The Proclaimers - Their Story

shull

I just don't get it. I like '500 miles' it's clearly a classic upbeat stomper... I just don't get the Proclaimers at all. They are genuine, heartfelt, real... seem like decent blokes, but their music leaves me ice cold. Meat and two veg music.

It must be me. :)

Just now, faraway saint said:

Indeed.

That's why music is so magical, something appeals to someone.

Agree. Christ, I'm even finding myself liking the Harry Styles album. The last two albums I bought are the new Charlatans and Beth Ditto albums. Tremendous. IMHO...clearly.

Me and the Proclaimers are just not meant for each other. My heart isn't broken...

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I just don't get it. I like '500 miles' it's clearly a classic upbeat stomper... I just don't get the Proclaimers at all. They are genuine, heartfelt, real... seem like decent blokes, but their music leaves me ice cold. Meat and two veg music.

It must be me. :)

We are all into different things when it comes to music so not for you is fine. They have so many songs that make me smile and laugh and sing along to. One Too Many is such a song . The Scottish Everly Brothers with better lyrics. Their lead guitarist Zac played with my mate. Now Zac goes to places like Australia, New Zealand and Canada as well as many other countries with them really pleased for him.

Just now, pozbaird said:

Agree. Christ, I'm even finding myself liking the Harry Styles album. The last two albums I bought are the new Charlatans and Beth Ditto albums. Tremendous. IMHO...clearly.

Me and the Proclaimers are just not meant for each other. My heart isn't broken...

Shhhh, seen Styles singing live on The One Show a few weeks ago and while the song wasn't my cup of tea, feck, he was good live.

Right, delete these posts quick, we're fcuked. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

We were getting our bathroom done up recently and went to Harrys Tiles.

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Pains me to say I like the Harry Styles single and I'm going to have a listen to the album too. Saw the Beth Ditto yesterday when I was in HMV, but ended up buying some of the sale stuff instead (picked up Foo Fighters, Travis, Kaiser Chiefs, and Killers).  Got the soundtrack for Baby Driver on pre-order too as saw the preview and the music was brilliant and so varied.

Guest TPAFKATS

Watch Sunshine in Leith the musical. It will either kill you or turn you into a proclaimers fan. [emoji3]

Ps the receptionist would get it. [emoji23]

I really like The Proclaimers music but couldn't sit through more than 15 mins of the film version