More Season Ticket Nonsense Here

I don't have a season ticket due to work. I don't work every single Saturday but it's always a possibility, so I can't really take the chance.

However, I've got a couple of nephews that I would have loved to take to this. They're torn between Celtic, Rangers, and St Mirren (such is the mix in my family) Shame that I can't take them, would have been an ideal opportunity to get them into the Buds.

Real shame.

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Remember the days when you used to hang about the off licence and ask random adults to 'buy you a couple of cans'? Erm, aye, well... can picture kids hanging around the 2021 asking random ST holders 'any chance of getting me into the open day mister'.

Haw mister, gonae gie us lift over intae the 'open day'......   

Ok , So the story so far for Non Season Ticket holders like me:

I`m not invited to the so called "open day" the club i`ve supported through thick and very thin for almost 50 years is holding.

I have to pay £10 to watch a pre-season friendly while my ST buds get in for free.

I have to pay more than them if i want to take up the option of hospitality.

I have to wait in the queue for whats left for tickets for most away cup matches.

So what have i done to warrant being treated this way?

I will pay up to £85 more for my match tickets over the course of the coming season.

I will continue to pay £25 per month towards the purchase of our club

I will continue to co-organise the bawa footy and personally contribute approx £250-300 per season in pitch fees

I will of course buy ,or have bought for me this seasons strip& no doubt various other st.mirren gifts will add to the total

I must be f**king daft !

Now before i get the usual responses of "Season ticket Holders put money into the club when they need it most" or "no-one is forcing you !!" ...... I understand that fully and i certainly dont want this to be turned into an ST holders V Non ST holder debate as to who is the biggest fan . We all support the club in our own way, some attend through rain ,hail or shine while some of those who cant attend through Geography, work or family commitments attend when they can but are no less passionate about our club.

I had hoped the new regime would have been a departure from Gilmour & co who seemed to treat a certain element  of the fans with almost contempt and i sincerely believe that it is much,much better now but still things like this come along and you wonder . The open day fiasco and the requirement for us Westbankies to reach 1000 STs or we would again be disadvantaged in certain games doesn`t fill me with hope.

2 hours ago, BaldyOzBud said:

This is bordering on idiocy, and the lack of awareness shown by the organisers of this event is worrying to say the least.

My money is on the CEO made the decision since nobody with any sense would be so daft   :huh:

9 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I`m not invited to the so called "open day" the club i`ve supported through thick and very thin for almost 50 years is holding.

I have to pay £10 to watch a pre-season friendly while my ST buds get in for free.

I have to wait in the queue for whats left for tickets for most away cup matches.

I will pay up to £85 more for my match tickets over the course of the coming season.

I will continue to co-organise the bawa footy and personally contribute approx £250-300 per season in pitch fees

I will of course buy ,or have bought for me this seasons strip& no doubt various other st.mirren gifts will add to the total

I must be f**king daft !

Now before i get the usual responses of "Season ticket Holders put money into the club when they need it most" or "no-one is forcing you !!" ...... I understand that fully and i certainly dont want this to be turned into an ST holders V Non ST holder debate as to who is the biggest fan . We all support the club in our own way, some attend through rain ,hail or shine while some of those who cant attend through Geography, work or family commitments attend when they can but are no less passionate about our club.

I had hoped the new regime would have been a departure from Gilmour & co who seemed to treat a certain element  of the fans with almost contempt and i sincerely believe that it is much,much better now but still things like this come along and you wonder . The open day fiasco and the requirement for us Westbankies to reach 1000 STs or we would again be disadvantaged in certain games doesn`t fill me with hope.

Wait a minute, Tedious Tom says you're a whining cnut.

Is he right?

PS I agree 100%. (With your post, not that  you're a whining cnut..................generally.:P)

Shocking decision, even worse there's not been an immediate "U turn"

Wonder who's brainchild this idea was?

Edited by faraway saint

9 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I must be f**king daft !

The open day situation is, as far as I'm concerned, inexcusable.

The pre season friendly is a compromise as, a few years ago, we used to get the first home cup ties as part of the ST. A poor replacement if you ask me.

Hospitality? Not sure about this one. If I pay less does this exclude the fact I've already paid for the match through my ST?

The ST option for away games has been in place for ages and, let's be honest, how many times has being later in the queue prevented you from getting an away ticket?

I reiterate. I'm disgusted and embarrassed in equal measures by our club over the ridiculous open day situation but, as for the rest of it, a wee bit over the top.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wait a minute, Tedious Tom says you're a whining cnut.

Is he right?

PS I agree 100%. (With your post, not that  you're a whining cnut..................generally.:P)

Shocking decision, even worse there's not been an immediate "U turn"

Wonder who's brainchild this idea was?

As far as Tedious Tom is concerned....... the clue is in the name !

I don't care what anyone thinks of that post , it's my opinion , I'm not threatening to cancel my DD  or not renew the season ticket I have no ducking intention of buying , I'm not slagging the team , management or even the board although I must admit my belief in the latter has been weakened somewhat.

I think the club is going in the right direction and still believe we have the (by and large) right people at the helm , that doesn't mean they should be immune from criticism .

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The open day situation is, as far as I'm concerned, inexcusable.

The pre season friendly is a compromise as, a few years ago, we used to get the first home cup ties as part of the ST. A poor replacement if you ask me.

Hospitality? Not sure about this one. If I pay less does this exclude the fact I've already paid for the match through my ST?

The ST option for away games has been in place for ages and, let's be honest, how many times has being later in the queue prevented you from getting an away ticket?

I reiterate. I'm disgusted and embarrassed in equal measures by our club over the ridiculous open day situation but, as for the rest of it, a wee bit over the top.

No 3.  Yep , ok I get that . Fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

As far as Tedious Tom is concerned....... the clue is in the name !

I don't care what anyone thinks of that post , it's my opinion , I'm not threatening to cancel my DD  or not renew the season ticket I have no ducking intention of buying , I'm not slagging the team , management or even the board although I must admit my belief in the latter has been weakened somewhat.

I think the club is going in the right direction and still believe we have the (by and large) right people at the helm , that doesn't mean they should be immune from criticism .

A small group DO believe this. :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I must be f**king daft !

If you know you will spend £85 more to attend matches over the course of the season, why aren't you buying a season ticket? Want to sit in different stands at games, move around the stadium maybe?

Edited by pozbaird

21 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If you know you will spend £85 more to attend matches over the course of the season, why aren't you buying a season ticket? Want to sit in different stands at games, move around the stadium maybe?

I said up to, Bud.  If i attend every league game (not counting cup matches of course) 

In the last few seasons i have taken in games from the Main stand, tried every W section , Watched several games from the Family stand and on occasions (mostly in W1 & part of W2 ) when i found myself seated near numpties i moved elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I said up to, Bud.  If i attend every league game (not counting cup matches of course) 

In the last few seasons i have taken in games from the Main stand, tried every W section , Watched several games from the Family stand and on occasions (mostly in W1 & part of W2 ) when i found myself seated near numpties i moved elsewhere.

Fairy nuff'.

Often prices are reduced for pay-at-the-gate customers for a couple of games at the end of a season and I as a ST holder am not bothered about the Club doing this even though I have already paid for the game. Allowing ST holders into a meaningless friendly for free is a small but welcome gesture.

The Club obviously want as many ST holders as possible and offering small incentives may encourage an increase. In a few years the Club will be OURS and the more Season Ticket holders committing themselves financially is a decent target to aim for.

And remember you can pay up a season ticket for the normal price and a £10 admin fee which is cheaper than paying for each game when you just turn up. If you attend regularly a ST makes sense but each to their own. I'm from Paisley so look for the bargain :)