Jack Ross delighted to be back on the training pitch

As reported by The Record..........

Apart from a short break in the Spanish sun, Ross has been a fixture at the St Mirren training ground throughout the summer.

And he is the probably the only fixture or fitting that remains recognisable, with the Ralston base undergoing a makeover prior to the players returning for the start of pre-season training last Thursday.

The players flooded back in as normality was restored, and despite having had little time off, Ross insists he is glad to officially be back at work.

“I spent a lot of time here over the summer,” Ross told the Paisley Daily Express.

“And because of the work we put into the place, to make it look good for the players, it has been exciting waiting for them to come in and see what we have done with the place.

“I don’t mind having such a short break. I enjoy working, and I enjoying being in and around the training ground.

“I managed to get 10 days away but a lot of the time I was off, I was actually here most days just because I wanted to be.

“I wanted to make sure everything was ready for the players coming back, to give us a smooth start.

“Having such a large part of the squad in place played a big part in that. We have had a good few days back and everything about it so far has been what we expected in terms of that positive feeling around the place.”

A number of trialists hooked up with the squad for pre-season, including former Celtic youngster Connor McManus and ex-Hamilton defender Craig Watson.

Ross revealed it was always part of the plan to bring a few hopefuls in, to assess if they could join the squad permanently.

He added: “We are still fairly low in numbers although we have got the bulk of our business done.

“Pre-season allows us to look at a few players and see how things develop over the next couple of weeks as well.

“From the trialists’ point of view it allows them to, hopefully, get to a good fitness level in case something crops up for them either here or elsewhere.”

With that in mind, Ross confirmed that he is still in the market for at least two more players.

And he reckons that could rise to four, if he believes youngsters Darren Whyte and Nathan Flanagan would be better served going out on loan.

“Ideally, we would be looking for around 20 outfield players,” Ross said,

“At the moment we have around 18, and that includes Nathan and Darren who have just came up to the first team.

We still have to assess them to see whether or not it is more beneficial for them to go out on loan or to be around the squad.

“We will do that over the course of pre-season and it depends on how well they do.

“If that is the case then that makes us lighter again so there is scope to do a little bit more, but we are happy with where we are at this stage.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-boss-jack-ross-10652357

Jack Ross is a Super Dude. 

We are gonnae win the League. 

Get the Open Top Bus booked for the parade round Paisley next May. 

Clear the streets *

* Season Ticket holders only may attend. 

55 minutes ago, magnus said:

Great article. Two pieces of the jigsaw left. Rory and Harry. Bliss! 

I think we'll (need to) bring in a midfielder, too, which may mean someone is making way. I suspect Whyte, tbh, and maybe Sutton if Loy does come in (though I personally would keep him for squad depth.)

1 hour ago, shull said:

Jack Ross is a Super Dude. 

We are gonnae win the League. 

Get the Open Top Bus booked for the parade round Paisley next May. 

Clear the streets *

* Season Ticket holders only may attend. 

Good post

See you can do it, now burn that high horse of yours, burn it indeed.