Bashfull Bavarian Boris "Big Boy" Becker Blows Bundle Becoming Bankrupt

Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40358006

Bad business brain brings Boris budgetary bother!

The above and the thread title sounds like you used to work for the S#n. .

lt reminded me of when a mate of mine was knocked of his bike by a wild Deer , the S*n reported " Barmy Bambi bangs biker Bill " 

Edited by saintnextlifetime
edited by Tom for grammar and constitutional errors

The above and the thread title sounds like you used to work for the S#n. .

lt reminded me of when a mate of mine was knocked of his bike by a wild Deer , the S*n reported " Barmy Bambi bangs biker Bill " 

I thought it only knocked him off his bike? [emoji87]

• 11 months later...

How Bizarre! :blink:

Three-time Wimbledon champion Boris Becker is using his role as an ambassador for the Central African Republic to claim diplomatic immunity from ongoing bankruptcy proceedings in the UK.

Lawyers for the former tennis star lodged a claim in the high court in London on Thursday asserting immunity against attempts to enforce bankruptcy proceedings against Becker, which his creditors have applied to extend, citing his role as the Central African Republic’s attache to the European Union on sporting, cultural and humanitarian affairs, which he started in April this year.

The position is covered by the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, which means Becker cannot be made subject to any legal process without the consent of the Central African Republic and the foreign secretary, Boris Johnson, according to his lawyers.

Advertisement

Becker was declared bankrupt in June 2017 over an undisclosed amount of money owed to private bankers Arbuthnot Latham & Co, which a court ruled he was not able to pay.