Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

Well that's us less than a week in and the UK government has already caved in over the sequence of talks wrt the "divorce bill" and citizens rights being sorted before trade discussions begin in October.

The eventual deal will be whatever the EU wants with the UK being left to "take it or leave it" and does anyone really doubt we'll take it?

We were sold a pig in a poke by the Leave camp and is there anybody out there who thinks whatever Brexit we end up with will be better for the UK than what we currently have, yet the general feeling is that we've made our bed and now we've got to lie in it. Not for the first time in my life I'm baffled.

18 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

We were sold a pig in a poke by the Leave camp and is there anybody out there who thinks whatever Brexit we end up with will be better for the UK than what we currently have, yet the general feeling is that we've made our bed and now we've got to lie in it. Not for the first time in my life I'm baffled.

Totally agree.

In addition, you could replace the words "Leave", "Brexit" and "the UK" with "Yes", "Independence" and "Scotland"....

38 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Totally agree.

In addition, you could replace the words "Leave", "Brexit" and "the UK" with "Yes", "Independence" and "Scotland"....

On this one we agree................. Strugeon got gazumped by May, and totally exposed............. Scotland must drop this Indy stuff now, its all about timing and the EU not with the clusterfeck that is the UK Gov they don't need an alliance with Scotland................ Not anymore

I am pretty sure May will fall this year, the Tories don't like failure in their own party, even if they fail at human rights, the economy and polices . Lab are still totally  not united and with Abbott still there, shows they haven't a clue.....

Can we for once, drop the walls, and get all parties showing unity on Brexit, we are far to weak a hand whatever way you spin it.....

As for Nicola. well, either be a First Minister in the best interests of internal Scotland, or please resign..... Health and Education is falling apart, so who gives a flier about the "poor Scotland " tab..... She seriously needs to play at her job and stop trying to make us a world talking point......

The tories have made a rod here, work with DUP will cost them billions and actually give more devolved power...........

Somebody has to unite us----- God knows who

41 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Can't let it go because Nicola has called for a second referendum! :1eye

The SNP have put it on the backburner while we deal with current issues unlike you and your fellow unicyclists. Once we see what sort of clusterfuck emerges from the Brexit negotiations and what the EU might be willing to offer Scotland as a GIRFUY to May we'll re-assess the situation.

Politics in the Twitter age is going to be far more fluid than it has been in the past and with 55-60% in a few opinion polls now constituting a mandate we'll see where are once these talks are completed.

Edited by Bud the Baker

22 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The SNP have put it on the backburner while we deal with current issues unlike you and your fellow unicyclists.

The SNP are a single issue party. The ONLY issue they are dealing with is trying to engineer a referendum!

The SNP have pretended put it on the backburner because of the catastrophic losses they suffered in the GE as a result of calling for a second referendum!

A GE which saw them receive a much smaller share of the vote in Scotland than the Tories did in the UK!

A GE which them receive no bigger a share of the electorate than Thatcher did in Scotland in 1979!

A GE which saw them receive less votes than Leave did in Scotland!

:lol:

16 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

The SNP are a single issue party. The ONLY issue they are dealing with is trying to engineer a referendum!

The SNP have pretended put it on the backburner because of the catastrophic losses they suffered in the GE as a result of calling for a second referendum!

A GE which saw them receive a much smaller share of the vote in Scotland than the Tories did in the UK!

A GE which them receive no bigger a share of the electorate than Thatcher did in Scotland in 1979!

A GE which saw them receive less votes than Leave did in Scotland!

Every forum needs a complete f*ckwit that is so consistently making a horses arse of himself that it reminds us all that the internet is full of idiots like yourself, who are bored whilst waiting for the three billy goats to cross the bridge that you cower under.

I am convinced that eventually you will suffocate under the massive piles of keech that you emit, and that I, for one, will have to start looking for a new fertilizer for my veggies, but so be it.

26 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Every forum needs a complete f*ckwit that is so consistently making a horses arse of himself that it reminds us all that the internet is full of idiots like yourself, who are bored whilst waiting for the three billy goats to cross the bridge that you cower under.

I am convinced that eventually you will suffocate under the massive piles of keech that you emit, and that I, for one, will have to start looking for a new fertilizer for my veggies, but so be it.

Mate don't drop as Low as a Tory in Scotland

A party that cut backs to those who need, slashes our Police, Fire Brigade and NHS,  dances with the UDA, actually happily killing peace, bombs without conscience , and runs a campaign based on fear and hate..................

Not saying the SNP, Lab or anyone else is the answer, however it beats arrogance, and a party that kills human rights for personal gain.....

In short- A Scottish Tory, is either Rich, Thick, Orange, supports terrorism , racist, Selfish and doesn't have kids......

There you go choices- More than Grenfell got

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well that's us less than a week in and the UK government has already caved in over the sequence of talks wrt the "divorce bill" and citizens rights being sorted before trade discussions begin in October.

The eventual deal will be whatever the EU wants with the UK being left to "take it or leave it" and does anyone really doubt we'll take it?

FFS stop whining bud. :lol:

Backing down on migrants already here was the correct thing to do.

6 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

The SNP are a single issue party. The ONLY issue they are dealing with is trying to engineer a referendum! I think you'll find they're the government of a devolved Scotland with a full range of policies

The SNP have pretended put it on the backburner because of the catastrophic losses they suffered in the GE as a result of calling for a second referendum! So catastrophic they got most votes of any party and won most seats despite the Unionist parties colluding with each other.

A GE which saw them receive a much smaller share of the vote in Scotland than the Tories did in the UK! That's stretching it - but nothing new for you.

A GE which them receive no bigger a share of the electorate than Thatcher did in Scotland in 1979!  Wrong!

A GE which saw them receive less votes than Leave did in Scotland! Irrelevant!

Independence has been written off more times than Saints have won major trophies - yet the SNP are still here running Scotland far better than the Tories are running the UK. The underlying issues that have made us the biggest party in Scotland aren't going away and demographics are on our side and with the impending Brexit clusterfuck the momentum will return in our favour.

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate don't drop as Low as a Tory in Scotland

A party that cut backs to those who need, slashes our Police, Fire Brigade and NHS,  dances with the UDA, actually happily killing peace, bombs without conscience , and runs a campaign based on fear and hate..................

Not saying the SNP, Lab or anyone else is the answer, however it beats arrogance, and a party that kills human rights for personal gain.....

In short- A Scottish Tory, is either Rich, Thick, Orange, supports terrorism , racist, Selfish and doesn't have kids......

There you go choices- More than Grenfell got

Agreed on all points DJ, but how does this relate to the manure factory that I was replying to?

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

On this one we agree................. Strugeon got gazumped by May, and totally exposed............. Scotland must drop this Indy stuff now, its all about timing and the EU not with the clusterfeck that is the UK Gov they don't need an alliance with Scotland................ Not anymore

I am pretty sure May will fall this year, the Tories don't like failure in their own party, even if they fail at human rights, the economy and polices . Lab are still totally  not united and with Abbott still there, shows they haven't a clue.....

Can we for once, drop the walls, and get all parties showing unity on Brexit, we are far to weak a hand whatever way you spin it.....

As for Nicola. well, either be a First Minister in the best interests of internal Scotland, or please resign..... Health and Education is falling apart, so who gives a flier about the "poor Scotland " tab..... She seriously needs to play at her job and stop trying to make us a world talking point......

The tories have made a rod here, work with DUP will cost them billions and actually give more devolved power...........

Somebody has to unite us----- God knows who

It is going to need everyone to stop pissing about with party politics and to work together because we really will be f**ked if we don't.

Good to hear the SNP adopting a more reasonable tone with the Tories. This is the sort of thing which might win them back more voters - a LOT less whining.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

FFS stop whining bud. :lol:

Backing down on migrants already here was the correct thing to do.

I agree with that, what I was pointing out is that it's another issue where Strong&Stable Theresa clearly isn't and it's already raising the hackles of the less pleasant side of the Leave campaigners down south.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I agree with that, what I was pointing out is that it's another issue where Strong&Stable Theresa clearly isn't and it's already raising the hackles of the less pleasant side of the Leave campaigners down south.

Fair enough.

45 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

No it doesn't............... however anyone after all that  has happened is still standing by them requires help

In fairness if you really want to convert Tory voters into supporting another party, I think this attitude is not helpful.

Neither is the one which labels Tory voters as racists, bigots, childless, selfish or stupid.

Exactly the same negative and damaging attitude which say the Yes campaign lose and which will see IndyRef2 lose as well (if it ever happens now).

It's incredible to watch a group of people so unwilling to learn from one lesson after another.

Almost as though you guys are obsessed with self-inflicted wounding.

Lesson One: General elections, Independence referendums, Brexit, Holyrood elections and council elections are not, never have been and possibly never will be battles of Good (lefties) versus Evil (Tories). Until you lefties learn this simple rule you will never convert enough people to your causes to win the biggest battles. I'm giving you this lesson for free because I've sat and read through enough mind-numbing pish online to make my conpassionate side want to help you.

Edited by oaksoft

Who said I was for Indy 2

Who said I was a leftie

Thanks for the lesson Middlie man and compassion

All totally irrelevant that anyone gets your guidance or blessing...... 

But again if it keeps you happy then I guess that's all that really matters.......................

You really need to stop making everything about your opinion - that truly is the problem with online pish- most are closed cnuts

I did say we needed unity- so we all need to bury hatchet- although personally mine would go in Michael Goves head.....