Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

I also hear Mr Farage is going to take his EU MP Pension of 73 k a year,  lets be honest anyone, with possible exception of Fisherman, Farmers and Fannies should have voted to stay..............

This is going to get very messy and very costly, and our kids will carry this bill for decades, even though its old trouts that in the main got us out..................

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I also hear Mr Farage , if s going to take his EU MP Pension of 73 k a year,  lets be honest anyone, with possible exception of Fisherman, Farmers and Fannies should have voted to stay..............

This is going to get very messy and very costly, and our kids will carry this bill for decades, even though its old trouts that in the main got us out..................

Probably the first time I've ever agreed with Nigel Farage, if he's entitled to it then let him have it after all he's "worked" for it.

I consider the outrage from the left/Remain/establishment on this point as phoney although I'm sure many of those that voted leave will see it as a letdown.

Sadiq Khan wants a special deal for London if NI gets one! :lol

Nicola + Sadiq :wub:

Welsh First Minister joins the debate

We cannot allow different parts of the UK to be more favourably treated than others. If one part of the UK is granted continued participation in the Single Market & Customs Union, then we fully expect to be made the same offer.

Your turn Richard Leonard..........

Ooops latest news - no deal today!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
I also hear Mr Farage is going to take his EU MP Pension of 73 k a year,  lets be honest anyone, with possible exception of Fisherman, Farmers and Fannies should have voted to stay..............

Fishermen voted leave but will find fishing rights traded back to EU as part of the negotiations.
Farmers who knew they would lose their subsidies and access to European migrant labour and still voted to leave were turkeys voting for Christmas.

Fascinating afternoon - virtually all political decisions are leaked in advance these days so there are few surprises.

Admittedly the leaks were coming from Brussels & Dublin (according to the BBC) but how incompetent is TM in not getting Arlene Fraser & the DUP onside?

I was listening to the BBC correspondent saying he'd gone from virtually certain a deal would be announced in the morning to being 50/50 only to have to finish the sentence with "there'll be no deal today"! :wacko:

18 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Fishermen voted leave but will find fishing rights traded back to EU as part of the negotiations.
Farmers who knew they would lose their subsidies and access to European migrant labour and still voted to leave were turkeys voting for Christmas.

Yup Thickasf"ck#

So basically 17 m voted with their own agendas, I don't blame Boris- so he lied- Big Deal- he is a politian

Mrs May is understood to have broken off from talks with European Commission President Jean Claude Junker to speak to Arlene Foster, after the DUP leader had held a press conference saying her party "will not accept any form of regulatory divergence" that separates Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK.

"During the call it was made plain to the PM that the DUP, whose support is vital to the government being able to pass their Brexit legislation, had significant concerns about the deal being discussed that gave concessions to the Dublin government," the BBC's political editor said.

"I understand Foster told Theresa May that she would not be able to support such a deal. It's been suggested too that there are 20 or so Conservative MPs who had serious misgivings about the compromises that were understood to be on the table."

The UK was reportedly prepared to accept that Northern Ireland may remain in the EU's customs union and single market in all but name.

Like I said TM's incompetence in not informing the DUP about what she was about to agree is staggering!

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Like I said TM's incompetence in not informing the DUP about what she was about to agree is staggering!

It seems that her bribe after the general election was not big enough! :D Theresa May's real incompetence was holding an unnecessary election.

Edited by smcc

4 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

It was never going to be easy, unfortunately Boris and co's lying machine was better than the other side's so now we're stuck with the farcical outcome, oh joy!!

Does anyone know what the roll out plan is for the £365 million per week.? Are we going to see one hospital a week get the money or is it being divided up equally each week until each hospital has enough money .

also , what happens when all the hospitals have their money and there are no waiting lists ? Do we do schools next ? Or social care for the elderly or.....

.. was it just a wee porkie ? 

<_<

Guest TPAFKATS
I reckon the Euromob need to make it difficult to leave . Make it easy and all the other nations will bolt , leaving Germany and France in a kinda cuddly Union. .B)

I reckon that the UK gov are trying everything under the sun to stop Brexit happening. No one, not even the current government can be THIS incompetent.

Guest TPAFKATS
TBH it is hard to get interested in any if this nonsense.
What will be will be. Life is too short.

[emoji23]Posted on an online football forum [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Does anyone know what the roll out plan is for the £365 million per week.? Are we going to see one hospital a week get the money or is it being divided up equally each week until each hospital has enough money .

also , what happens when all the hospitals have their money and there are no waiting lists ? Do we do schools next ? Or social care for the elderly or.....

.. was it just a wee porkie ? 

<_<

To be fair....... every pre vote banter  is a load of rubbish..................

Promises on both sides of GE, Brexit and Indy ........................ Trouble is people buy it, decisions have always been based on lies

As Churchill said - Lies damn lies and statitistics ......................... and he was a pretty good liar to

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Trouble is people buy it, decisions have always been based on lies

Actually I think you'll find that people make almost all of their political decisions without listening to politicians at all.

Which is exactly how it should be. They are all lying, thieving bastards so it doesn't matter to an extent which of them gets in.

Someone has to run the country though and I suspect that most people simply vote for the party which seems most aligned with their own beliefs.

For example if you broadly favour personal responsibility and meritocracy with minimal government interference in your day to day life, you'll probably be inclined to vote Tory. If you believe in independence you'll probably be more likely to vote SNP and if you believe the state should be wiping the collective arses of the population before gently breastfeeding them into a long and peaceful sleep each night then you'll vote Labour. I think most people quite understandably and rightly have far too much going on in their lives to seriously give any more than a partial f**k about the inane witterings of people like Theresa May, Jeremy Corbyn and Nicola Sturgeon.

Edited by oaksoft

Cant disagree with any of the above , I was SNP but now find them pathetic and weak, missing every target they set themselves and then blaming everyone else   also ................ Torys are abmismal creatures, Labour cant agree on the colour of sh"te, Libs are irrelevent , and Greens are one of your five a day........

So Brexit, to stay with a bunch of foreign lying b8stards , or stay  with a country totally divided, in just about everything

Where is "None of the Above" on an election slip when u need one :huh: 

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

To be fair....... every pre vote banter  is a load of rubbish..................

Promises on both sides of GE, Brexit and Indy ........................ Trouble is people buy it, decisions have always been based on lies

As Churchill said - Lies damn lies and statitistics ......................... and he was a pretty good liar to

Disraeli. 

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Cant disagree with any of the above , I was SNP but now find them pathetic and weak, missing every target they set themselves and then blaming everyone else   also ................ Torys are abmismal creatures, Labour cant agree on the colour of sh"te, Libs are irrelevent , and Greens are one of your five a day........

So Brexit, to stay with a bunch of foreign lying b8stards , or stay  with a country totally divided, in just about everything

Where is "None of the Above" on an election slip when u need one :huh: 

It is one of the problems with allowing any old mug off the street to stand for election.

There is no entry barrier to such an important and well paid role and so it inevitably attracts all sorts of deluded village idiot who thinks they can run the country.  We then get people in charge of IT security strategy at government level who think it is OK to share their computer passwords with all their staff including summer students because "I dont access nuffink important".

Guest TPAFKATS

Turns out all those Brexit impact assessments don't actually exist after all.
I'm waiting on the official opposition to call on Davis to resign for lying (repeatedly?) to parliament.
As John profumo did after denying in parliament that he had been shagging Christine Keeler. I was reminded of this as she died earlier.
These days it seems awfully old fashioned for a politician to fall on their sword - especially if the government has a minority.

They really haven't got a clue what they're doing. They mention carrying out  "sectorial analyses", because "guessing" what will happen won't do any good.:lol:

Mr Davis probably didn't help his own reputation by telling the committee he had been handed two chapters of the 850 pages of analysis but hadn't read them.

What reputation? Being an inept tit of a man?:lol:

Timeline

October 2016, asked what assessment the government had made of the impact of Brexit on the economy: "We currently have in place an assessment of 51 sectors of the economy. We are looking at those one by one, but the aim at the end is that this will inform the negotiating approach so that no one gets hurt."

December 2016, to the Brexit Committee: "We are in the midst of carrying out about 57 sets of analyses, each of which has implications for individual parts of 85% of the economy… everything except sectors that are not affected by international trade."

February 2017, in a statement to MPs: "We continue to analyse the impact of our exit across the breadth of the UK economy, covering more than 50 sectors - I think it was 58 at the last count - to shape our negotiating position."

June 2017, on the Andrew Marr Show:"That data's being gathered, we've got 50, nearly 60 sector analyses already done, we've got planning work going on in the customs, we've got planning work going on 22 other issues which are critical, 127 all told."

They would have got away for with it if it wasn't for that pesky statement in February 2017.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF