Ed Sheeran

Wilbur

Obviously some things have changed since the majority on here got all excited when a Dog was speaking into a gramophone ( the fact that 90% know what I mean proves my point)

Ed has great marketing and when prompted on social media people have reacted , downloaded and boom............

I don't think he is the greatest songwriter/ singer ever born, most would argue John L was better, however going by Eds bank account he is doing ok.........

18 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I can take Sheerin in very small doses. A couple of decent songs IMO but most of what he produces is wallpaper. Galway Girl however is absolute pish.-_-

As for Adele?  I wish she would shut the f**k up about her ex boyfriend, get over it girl ,youre a f**kin millionaire pub singer now and he has moved on !!  She truly has managed to milk  every last penny from her very limited talent..... and dont get me started on Skyfall !!

Mind you , it wouldn`t do if we all liked the same stuff, the two of them must be doing something right ,filing stadiums worldwide and headlining Glastonbury .  Could be worse, it could have  been Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen  or Nick cave headlining Glastonbury, now that would send me right over the edge !! :angry:

Quite ironic as you post pretty much the same post at every opportunity about Adele. :lol:

No like you to moan like fcuk about anything. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Sheerin seems a decent bloke, writes his own stuff, can play and sing, people like him. Fairy' nuff. As I said though, quite why he has gone stratospheric is frankly beyond my understanding. If someone like Sheerin has gone mega-successful, cannot understand why it didn't happen for someone like Jason Mraz.

Any-hoo... he's doing it for the gingers, so fair play. B)

Perhaps it s his tattoos that have made him successful . .

At any rate ,acts nowadays do not have the longevity that we used to see . .

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Jools Holland reckons Sheeran is a "living genius" and Foo Fighters say that one guy with foot pedals in front of 100,000 people is amazing.

Think I'll stick with these guys rather than the nonsense posted on here. :clapping

Just about to watch his whole set................it'll be great.

We all hope you get a stiffy.

:double

Having watched the whole set my opinion is that I don't love all of Ed Sheerans songs.

I'm not a big fan of rap, although I have always liked quite a few Eminem songs.

While I admit that music is very subjective and fully respect that people will not enjoy Sheeran what I do find surprising is that people cannot admit he is very talented.

He writes, plays and sings his own songs.

How many artists can or have played a solo set as a headliner at Glastonbury and had the 100,000 audience in his hands.

He constructs the rhythm, beat and guitar rifts live and reproduces his songs live to a very high standard.

Is he over hyped? Well, easy to say but he is multi talented and there is always someone/a group that are top of the tree so, IMO, no.

He deserves every plaudit he receives, and there are plenty.

Anyway, I'm sure he's not overly worried what a few people on a football forum think, he's minted. :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Having watched the whole set my opinion is that I don't love all of Ed Sheerans songs.

I'm not a big fan of rap, although I have always liked quite a few Eminem songs.

While I admit that music is very subjective and fully respect that people will not enjoy Sheeran what I do find surprising is that people cannot admit he is very talented.

He writes, plays and sings his own songs.

How many artists can or have played a solo set as a headliner at Glastonbury and had the 100,000 audience in his hands.

He constructs the rhythm, beat and guitar rifts live and reproduces his songs live to a very high standard.

Is he over hyped? Well, easy to say but he is multi talented and there is always someone/a group that are top of the tree so, IMO, no.

He deserves every plaudit he receives, and there are plenty.

Anyway, I'm sure he's not overly worried what a few people on a football forum think, he's minted. :lol:

Plenty minted folk who are shite.