squad numbers

Story was that for one game Ludo couldn't find the number one goalies top but there was one with number 17 so he wore that, played well and it became his lucky number. No idea if that game was for a team in France or with one of our reserve teams. He may have worn number 17 when he made his debut under Sergie Baltacha the week after Tony Fitz got sacked but can't say for sure.

It's proof that squad numbers mean nothing when it comes to working out the starting 11 - if they were then there'd be no point Eckersley hanging about as he won't be near the team.

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I know and he wanted number 17. Then wore it everywhere else. I heard it was because it was the top he wore for French under 17s or something but who knows... Or cares  

Well you obviously care and while I appreciate the increasingly detailed anecdotal accounts you're providing it's irrelevant to my original point that - the No.1 strip was taken when he arrived.  

Edited by Bud the Baker