St Mirren Under 20's 2017/18

shull

For those that go to these games is there anyone capable of breaking through into the first team?

People were suggesting Darren Whyte earlier inn the season but at 20-y-o being farmed out to Forfar doesn't bode well.

JR introduced Magennis & McAllister when he arrived but since then his record in this regard seems to me to be, erm, MacPhersonesque. :unsure:

Motherwell (according to coach Craigan) had five 1st team squad members playing and probably just shaded it. Their goalie made a great save from O'Keefe just before they scored from a penalty which resulted in Liam Miller's sending off.
Cammy McPherson now looks ready for the 1st team and was played at full back instead of his customary midfield role.
Former saint Ellis Plummer started for Well but had to be replaced in first half due to injury. 

Would think McPherson given a run at full back last night as a couple of those short on Saturday.

10 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

For those that go to these games is there anyone capable of breaking through into the first team?

People were suggesting Darren Whyte earlier inn the season but at 20-y-o being farmed out to Forfar doesn't bode well.

JR introduced Magennis & McAllister when he arrived but since then his record in this regard seems to me to be, erm, MacPhersonesque. :unsure:

What, like Kenny McLean being "farmed out " to Arbroath?

(yeah, I know KMcL wasn't 20 but it's all about getting 1st team experience and playing regularly).

13 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

What, like Kenny McLean being "farmed out " to Arbroath?

(yeah, I know KMcL wasn't 20 but it's all about getting 1st team experience and playing regularly).

Which Whyte isn't even getting as according to soccerbase he's only made two starts since joining them in September.

Squads are thinner these days and we are unlikely to keep on a 21-y-o who is not first team hardened at Championship level.

Have our U20's ever won a trophy - I honestly don't know. Who remembers U20 players from 5 or 10 seasons ago other than those that made it to the first team? It's more important to get a few players into the first team than for the team to be successful.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Who remembers U20 players from 5 or 10 seasons ago other than those that made it to the first team? It's more important to get a few players into the first team than for the team to be successful.

They make it with other teams.

Ally Love has been successful with several teams since leaving us, most notably Annan.

Sean Crighton scored the equalise for Brechin v DU

12 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Which Whyte isn't even getting as according to soccerbase he's only made two starts since joining them in September.

Squads are thinner these days and we are unlikely to keep on a 21-y-o who is not first team hardened at Championship level.

Have our U20's ever won a trophy - I honestly don't know. Who remembers U20 players from 5 or 10 seasons ago other than those that made it to the first team? It's more important to get a few players into the first team than for the team to be successful.

Whyte is playing every week according to the BBC. 

Whyte has played every game since he went on loan.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Whyte has played every game since he went on loan.

Fine soccerbase was wrong but it's very unlikely Whyte will be with us next season. 

He came close but he never made it. And if he was gonna make it, he would have made it by now.

Image result for marcellus wallace butch pulp fiction

Anyway while this desire to defend Whyte is touching I note that no potential candidates for the first team have been suggested.......................

Edited by Bud the Baker

23 hours ago, paul torfason said:

big ross Stewart can't even score at that level either,hopefully send him out on loan January,if anybody like daft enough to take,personal opinion!!!!!,our squad players like Kirkpatrick Duffy etc also not far behind either

Did you go to school at all or just spend your youth huffing glue behind the local Co-op?

I am not sure this post of yours is even in English. :lol:

18 hours ago, paul torfason said:

aye,school bully,battering bell ends like you nobby!!!!

I was always someone who felt pity for school bullies like you. Without exception they are highly damaged individuals from dysfunctional homes. All that pain and misery masquerading behind the laughably pathetic facade of the "hard man". Every one of them a failure at life. Our prisons are full of them. Not many of them laughing now.

Oh and if you actually want people to see your responses, it's a good idea to learn how to use the quote function. :blink:

Edited by oaksoft

23 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Fine soccerbase was wrong but it's very unlikely Whyte will be with us next season. 

He came close but he never made it. And if he was gonna make it, he would have made it by now.

Anyway while this desire to defend Whyte is touching I note that no potential candidates for the first team have been suggested.......................

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, alwaysabuddy said:

Motherwell (according to coach Craigan) had five 1st team squad members playing and probably just shaded it. Their goalie made a great save from O'Keefe just before they scored from a penalty which resulted in Liam Miller's sending off.

Cammy McPherson now looks ready for the 1st team and was played at full back instead of his customary midfield role.

Former saint Ellis Plummer started for Well but had to be replaced in first half due to injury. 

Maybe you missed this post ?

On 07/12/2017 at 11:25 AM, Bud the Baker said:

FYI it was a correction.  Not sure where you get this defence thing from?