Dale Hilson

The usual suspects looking for the negative side than the positive side should not come as a surprise.

Jack Ross said in the Evening Times he was happy with the squad he had and would be happy to start the season with what he has before Hilson signed. Also think Sutton will be a better player this season he certainly looks to have dropped a few pounds.

I for one am looking forward to the season starting we have the bulk of players who finished last season with young ambitious players added who did extreamly well with their former clubs.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Someone injured 6 month is a strange one. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The usual suspects looking for the negative side than the positive side should not come as a surprise.

Jack Ross said in the Evening Times he was happy with the squad he had and would be happy to start the season with what he has before Hilson signed. Also think Sutton will be a better player this season he certainly looks to have dropped a few pounds.

I for one am looking forward to the season starting we have the bulk of players who finished last season with young ambitious players added who did extreamly well with their former clubs.  

Aye. :lol:

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

The key thing is we still have the core of the squad that ended last season so well.

I, for one, am quite happy we're giving contracts to younger guys with something to prove. We went down the route of having a backbone of ex-Premier League players (Langfield, Webster, Quinn, Clarkson, Sutton) which looked good on paper and ended up being just about catastrophic.

Do we?

O'Brien, Davies, Mallan, Loy all away.

That's at least 2 of our key players in the run in gone, and I think it's fairly likely Morgan will be following them.   I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that our current squad is stronger than the one that escaped the relegation playoff on goal difference last season.

Thankfully, there's a long time to go in the window.  I'm sure some more established players are on their way.

Edited by TopCat

20 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Do we?

O'Brien, Davies, Mallan, Loy all away.

Davis missed most of the run-in due to injury. O'Brien, while a definite improvement on Clangers, was nothing to write home about.

I'll give you Mallan and Loy though. Decent striker still required I reckon.

8 minutes ago, Alba said:

Davis missed most of the run-in due to injury. O'Brien, while a definite improvement on Clangers, was nothing to write home about.

I'll give you Mallan and Loy though. Decent striker still required I reckon.

Agreed, especially O'Brien who after a bright start was definitely not very convincing in a good few games. Over the piece he was only as good/bad as many of our previous keepers, nothing special. Personally I am happier going into this Season with Sammy.

Loy might still arrive..........please.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Six month deal on the official twitter.

Welcome aboard all the best etc.

I know the ' we can't criticise any singings on the forum ' band will be along shortly, but are these kind of signings filling anyone with confidence?

We are meant to be going to promotion but we are signing cast offs from Dunfermline and QOTS and part time kids from league 1.

Sorry but I have to disagree.  The majority of the team that finished the season so strongly have been retained, plus a few new additions who all have something to prove and will most likely not be on very much money.  Were you not happy with the team that finished last season?  For me it was some of the most exciting football we have played since Tom Hendrie.

I think if we bring in one more experienced striker then we have one of the best squads in the division, however I think Ross will give Reilly a chance to lead the line first of all in the League Cup games before we bring in any other striker (Loy being the exception).  Morgan and Magennis also have an extra year of first team football under their belts (in my opinion both more exciting prospects than McLean or McGinn were when they broke into the team) and I have a feeling that the former is going to score a lot of goals for us this season.

8 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I like the business we have done so far. Players with a point to prove and won't break our wage structure. 

Yes and the "half glass full brigade - its only my opinion man" lot seem to forgot Jack kept us up by signing players who were wanting to prove a point and had untapped talent.............

Image result for lemmings off a cliff Geez fill the glass!!!

13 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Doubt it FS,usual suspects on here who seem to look on the negative side.

What kinda lives do they have,I despair honestly well named as St Boo:rolleyes:

Aye, really off putting at games.

My dad said it's really unnecessary, especially for younger players, does no good at all.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Yes and the "half glass full brigade - its only my opinion man" lot seem to forgot Jack kept us up by signing players who were wanting to prove a point and had untapped talent.............

There's me thinking it was the half empty. :rolleyes:

The 3 best players were arguably Mallan, Davis & Loy.

IMO, we'd have wrapped up safety earlier had Davis not got injured. He's been replaced by Buchanan. I'm sure he'll be a decent enough player at this level. Not in the same class as Davis but probably better than Baird.

Reilly may be a decent replacement for Loy.

Mallan hasn't been replaced. Crucially, he was THE best player, scored the most goals, had the most assists.

The best hope there is that guys like Smith, Morgan, McGinn and Kirkpatrick step up and between them, can fill the gap of Mallan leaving

35 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

The best hope there is that guys like Smith, Morgan, McGinn and Kirkpatrick step up and between them, can fill the gap of Mallan leaving

I may be wrong but I would suspect Magennis moving into Mallan's role since his preferred position is central midfield. We certainly would struggle to buy a replacement for Mallan so let's hope one of the young guys will continue to improve.

The 3 best players were arguably Mallan, Davis & Loy.
IMO, we'd have wrapped up safety earlier had Davis not got injured. He's been replaced by Buchanan. I'm sure he'll be a decent enough player at this level. Not in the same class as Davis but probably better than Baird.
Reilly may be a decent replacement for Loy.
Mallan hasn't been replaced. Crucially, he was THE best player, scored the most goals, had the most assists.

I'd say the best 3 players were Mallan, Morgan and McGinn, 2 of which are still at the club.