Friendly - Dundee 4th July.

Sonny

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Never heard of the Wattermill? :thumbs

Aye it's a good price also the Waterfront is easy for me. Don't fancy a night with a ghost  Watermill is famous for being spooked. I remember my big brother working part time there when I was 12. Cutlery flying around the kitchen by it's self. There is even something on you tube about the Watermill Ghostbusters no kidding lol. 

Jack Ross believes St Mirren's pre-season trip to Inverness went as good as it could have as they get set to face Dundee tonight at the Paisley 2021 Stadium. 

The Buddies defeated Inverness Clachnacuddin and Nairn County 5-0 and 9-0 respectively. 

The squad also took part in a team building exercise on Saturday as they went white water tubing. 

It was a trip that the gaffer believes was important as new players integrate into the squad ahead of the new season. 

It was good," he said.

"It was exactly what we wanted from it. The two games were great and the clubs were very accommodating and hospitable. It's a nice part of the world to go up and play and what the players gave me over the course of the two games was terrific.

"We wanted to get the players away together because we have new faces and get them to spend time together.

"I think it's a very important time of the year. I think you have to get into a way of playing - habit forming - and we are really pleased with how ruthless we've been in the two games.

"Of course we were expected to win the two games but we still did it in a very emphatic manner."

The manager admits he is excited to see the side in action again after their performances in the Highlands.

He emphasised that he wants the side to get back to playing the way they did at the tail end of last season. 

He said. "It goes back to habit forming particularly from middle to front because we have to be ruthless.

"In the Clach game we got to the byline 10 times and our quality from wide areas wasn't brilliant in the first half.

"We might only get there twice in a league game this season because of how difficult the opposition might be, so when we get to these areas we have to be really ruthless and efficient.

"It's about standards, demands and habits all the time and they met them and couldn't have done any more over the two games.

"I don't criticise the players from middle to front for mistakes in that area of the pitch. I expect them to make mistakes at times but I also expect them to have an end product.

"That onus is placed on them but equally they know I'm a manager that will accept mistakes in it because I want them to be positive and bold in that area.

"That's how we played in the second half of last season and that's how we will continue to play.

"With the players we've brought in we have got really good pace and energy middle to front and I'm looking forward to seeing them again against Dundee.

"It's a really good game," he continued. "It'll be nice because some of our new players haven't played at our stadium and that will allow them to get a feel for the place.

"I think the way we finished last season supporters will look forward to seeing us back at the stadium as well. It'll be a difficult match but looking forward to it." 

The Buddies then travel to Alloa on Saturday to face Ross' former club a week before the Betfred Cup gets underway. 

It will also be the first time Saints have come up against former captain Jim Goodwin since the Irishman left the club in 2016.

He's more popular with the fans than I am!" the manager joked.

"He's a good guy. I obviously took him to Alloa and still keep in contact with him. I'm sure the supporters that travel through will give him a warm reception and a well deserved one for what he achieved at the club while he was a player. 

"Saturday is a tough game as well. They are a top League One team who will probably feel frustrated they didn't get promoted.

"The good thing about going there now with the new pitch is that it is a really good place to play. I'm still friendly with a lot of people at the club and the manager so I look forward to going back there." 

The manager has added seven new faces to the squad and while he does still expect some movement in and out he says nothing is set to happen soon. 

There's nothing imminent," he said. "I've gone on record as saying I would probably like to strengthen in one or two areas.

"We may look at loans the other way also as there are some who may benefit from it that aren't going to play regularly for us.

"I'd think over the coming weeks we still may be some transition in the squad, but certainly the bulk of the squad is certainly in place." 

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Jack Ross believes St Mirren's pre-season trip to Inverness went as good as it could have as they get set to face Dundee tonight at the Paisley 2021 Stadium. 

The Buddies defeated Inverness Clachnacuddin and Nairn County 5-0 and 9-0 respectively. 

The squad also took part in a team building exercise on Saturday as they went white water tubing. 

It was a trip that the gaffer believes was important as new players integrate into the squad ahead of the new season. 

It was good," he said.

"It was exactly what we wanted from it. The two games were great and the clubs were very accommodating and hospitable. It's a nice part of the world to go up and play and what the players gave me over the course of the two games was terrific.

"We wanted to get the players away together because we have new faces and get them to spend time together.

"I think it's a very important time of the year. I think you have to get into a way of playing - habit forming - and we are really pleased with how ruthless we've been in the two games.

"Of course we were expected to win the two games but we still did it in a very emphatic manner."

The manager admits he is excited to see the side in action again after their performances in the Highlands.

He emphasised that he wants the side to get back to playing the way they did at the tail end of last season. 

He said. "It goes back to habit forming particularly from middle to front because we have to be ruthless.

"In the Clach game we got to the byline 10 times and our quality from wide areas wasn't brilliant in the first half.

"We might only get there twice in a league game this season because of how difficult the opposition might be, so when we get to these areas we have to be really ruthless and efficient.

"It's about standards, demands and habits all the time and they met them and couldn't have done any more over the two games.

"I don't criticise the players from middle to front for mistakes in that area of the pitch. I expect them to make mistakes at times but I also expect them to have an end product.

"That onus is placed on them but equally they know I'm a manager that will accept mistakes in it because I want them to be positive and bold in that area.

"That's how we played in the second half of last season and that's how we will continue to play.

"With the players we've brought in we have got really good pace and energy middle to front and I'm looking forward to seeing them again against Dundee.

"It's a really good game," he continued. "It'll be nice because some of our new players haven't played at our stadium and that will allow them to get a feel for the place.

"I think the way we finished last season supporters will look forward to seeing us back at the stadium as well. It'll be a difficult match but looking forward to it." 

The Buddies then travel to Alloa on Saturday to face Ross' former club a week before the Betfred Cup gets underway. 

It will also be the first time Saints have come up against former captain Jim Goodwin since the Irishman left the club in 2016.

He's more popular with the fans than I am!" the manager joked.

"He's a good guy. I obviously took him to Alloa and still keep in contact with him. I'm sure the supporters that travel through will give him a warm reception and a well deserved one for what he achieved at the club while he was a player. 

"Saturday is a tough game as well. They are a top League One team who will probably feel frustrated they didn't get promoted.

"The good thing about going there now with the new pitch is that it is a really good place to play. I'm still friendly with a lot of people at the club and the manager so I look forward to going back there." 

The manager has added seven new faces to the squad and while he does still expect some movement in and out he says nothing is set to happen soon. 

There's nothing imminent," he said. "I've gone on record as saying I would probably like to strengthen in one or two areas.

"We may look at loans the other way also as there are some who may benefit from it that aren't going to play regularly for us.

"I'd think over the coming weeks we still may be some transition in the squad, but certainly the bulk of the squad is certainly in place." 

Thanks enjoyed reading that. Wonder if there will be any Loy talk after the game. Hope Dundee don't want Morgan as a barging chip. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thanks enjoyed reading that. Wonder if there will be any Loy talk after the game. Hope Dundee don't want Morgan as a barging chip. 

To play alongside Mallan? :):)

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Is it still wet in Paisley. Seriously rotten day in Ayr still raining and hasn't stopped all day. Not fancying a soaking for a pre season kick about.

I'm not too keen on paying a tenner for the privilege, either.

Nah, I can think of other ways to spend the evening, much as I'm missing the fitba.

22 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm not too keen on paying a tenner for the privilege, either.

Nah, I can think of other ways to spend the evening, much as I'm missing the fitba.

If you  had bought a season ticket you would not be paying a tenner :)