Scotland v Holland At St Mirren Park 5/9/17

shull

If Oliver Burke is worth £15M then GLS should be looking fordouble that amount for the wee man. :)

The two most influential players on the park were Lewis and Stevie.  Scotland had two shots in the first half - both by Lewis. The only time a full back was taken on and beaten with a good ball into the box - Lewis again. Every corner from the left was whipped in by Stevie and every free kick was by Stevie.

Scotland were playing a long ball game so the midfield was often passed by.

Second half was a bit better football wise with Lewis getting fouled by their full back as he constantly zoomed past him (but Stevie got booked for coming to Lewis's aid :) ) .  But Lewis got half a dozen good cut backs into the box with no takers. Burke scores from a Stevie corner and Stevie smashes in the second. The only Championship player in the team was named MoM.

Good night for the Buds :)

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If Oliver Burke is worth £15M then GLS should be looking fordouble that amount for the wee man. :)

The two most influential players on the park were Lewis and Stevie.  Scotland had two shots in the first half - both by Lewis. The only time a full back was taken on and beaten with a good ball into the box - Lewis again. Every corner from the left was whipped in by Stevie and every free kick was by Stevie.

Scotland were playing a long ball game so the midfield was often passed by.

Second half was a bit better football wise with Lewis getting fouled by their full back as he constantly zoomed past him (but Stevie got booked for coming to Lewis's aid :) ) .  But Lewis got half a dozen good cut backs into the box with no takers. Burke scores from a Stevie corner and Stevie smashes in the second. The only Championship player in the team was named MoM.

Good night for the Buds :)

A 33% sell-on clause for Morgan will be tasty when Spurs sign him for £25 million from (insert name of Championship club here).  Not that I am trying to sell-off Lewis Morgan, but come on Daniel Levy, you know you want to. :P

From BBC website ....

'Instead Burke - who has five senior Scotland caps - showed national head coach Gordon Strachan what he might be able to offer against Slovakia and Slovenia in October, while Mallan, Lewis Morgan and Dom Thomas also impressed.'

Although I cannot agree about Thomas - he refused to pass all night and was constantly caught in possession although he did work hard.

A 33% sell-on clause for Morgan will be tasty when Spurs sign him for £25 million from (insert name of Championship club here).  Not that I am trying to sell-off Lewis Morgan, but come on Daniel Levy, you know you want to. [emoji14]

I think they play England next. If Morgan puts in another performance like last night , then the offers will come rolling in come the next transfer window. Hopefully an over inflated bidding war will ensue.

33 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think they play England next. If Morgan puts in another performance like last night , then the offers will come rolling in come the next transfer window. Hopefully an over inflated bidding war will ensue.

I wouldn't have a problem if he went completely under the radar and stayed til the end of the season. .:wink:

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I wouldn't have a problem if he went completely under the radar and stayed til the end of the season. .:wink:

I would certainly rather he stayed than we get buttons for him, but if continued performances like that for the U21s thrust him into the limelight and we can get seriously good money for him, it would be madness not to take it.

I'd just do a Hibs. Put a price on him and simply refuse to take any less. 

4 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Call me pessimistic but I'll be amazed if we hang on to Morgan past January. Sublime talent! I'm surprised but delighted that he hasn't already been snapped up.

I don't think that's being pessimistic, realistic IMO.

More so if we are sitting top of the league, he'll have attracted plenty of interest, sparking more "we'll sell him for £10m/peanuts" posts.

At the risk of inducing a "let me just google that for you ya lazy bassturt!" response, does anyone know how many goals/assists Lewis has had since the turn of the year?

Not being lazy (well I am kind of), butI know that some folk seem to have that sort of info at their fingertips. 

It was quoted as 5 and 5 for this season on Sunday.

Not sure about since Jan though.

Edited to add 5 goal between Jan and May. Not sure where to get assists info.

Not bad going.

5 hours ago, paulsmfc said:

Call me pessimistic but I'll be amazed if we hang on to Morgan past January. Sublime talent! I'm surprised but delighted that he hasn't already been snapped up.

Ideal scenario: Lewis goes in January for a very decent wedge and we have enough points to secure promotion . .