League Prediction

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If Dundee Utd are so skint, how have they been able to sign Keatings and Fyvie?

Keatings was an early PCA for them , they also wanted Devlin of Ayr on a PCA but then withdrew it , Fyvie hasn't signed with them , in fact , Lennon is making noises about taking him back to Hibs !

With the current squad;

1. Dundee Utd - With the talk of their financial difficulties, I reckon they'll properly go all out to ensure they get promoted. Should still have the biggest budget in the league.

2. Falkirk - Loy is a great signing and should guarantee goals. Houston always has his teams challenging.

3. ICT - Probably have strong home form which will see them challenging for 2nd

4. Morton - If they avoid injuries they had in the second half of the season, Duffy actually strengthens in January, if they need it and their signings perform as expected on paper.

5. St. Mirren - Reckon we'll have a pretty average season. My main worry is who is going to fill the void left by Mallan, not only in goals and assists but generally dictating games. I think we'll struggle for goals.

6. Dunfermline - Very similar to us, in terms of potentially missing that bit of quality or edge to push them into the playoff spots

7. Livingstone - Reckon they'll be hard to play against

8. QotS - Over reliant on Dobbie?

9. Dumbarton - Will probably cause a few upsets but will struggle to maintain runs of form. Will stay up in the playoffs.

10. Brechin - Part time new boys will struggle

One of the teams 1st to 4th is probably going to have a stinker of a season and blow my prediction out the water.

5th to 8th can all be pretty interchangeable

7 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

With the current squad;

1. Dundee Utd - With the talk of their financial difficulties, I reckon they'll properly go all out to ensure they get promoted. Should still have the biggest budget in the league.

2. Falkirk - Loy is a great signing and should guarantee goals. Houston always has his teams challenging.

4. Morton - If they avoid injuries they had in the second half of the season, Duffy actually strengthens in January, if they need it and their signings perform as expected on paper.

5. St. Mirren - Reckon we'll have a pretty average season. My main worry is who is going to fill the void left by Mallan, not only in goals and assists but generally dictating games. I think we'll struggle for goals.

6. Dunfermline - Very similar to us, in terms of potentially missing that bit of quality or edge to push them into the playoff spots

9. Dumbarton - Will probably cause a few upsets but will struggle to maintain runs of form. Will stay up in the playoffs.

One of the teams 1st to 4th is probably going to have a stinker of a season and blow my prediction out the water.

Like any sensible person will make my prediction after the first quarter rather than use a crystal ball. 

9 hours ago, StevieG said:

I think it's a brave move by jack to bring in so many young players, however I think that it will be between us and Falkirk to win the league. COYSemoji209.png

No chance we will be no where near it. 

8 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

With the current squad;

I agree with your assessment of us but I think we will be lower than fifth. 

2 hours ago, elvis said:

I agree with your assessment of us but I think we will be lower than fifth. 

Inverness lost 2 -0 at Elgin with their strongest team friendlies aside it's just not possible to predict when one minute of football has not been played. Edit to add at competitive league or cup games. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

42 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

So, in your round about way, you're saying that we will be near it? That's a bit optimistic for you.

Not in any round about way. We have no chance whatsoever I wouldn't put abet on with your money never mind my own. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Not in any round about way. We have no chance whatsoever I wouldn't put abet on with your money never mind my own. 

Didn't you say we had no chance of staying up last season ? 

Although it will be very difficult to win the league this season , there's always a chance . 

I would settle for ICT and Utd going into administration and being deducted points, Sevco going out of existence and us going up having finished one point ahead of ICT and Utd, and above Falkirk by 1 goal scored, with the unwashed being relegated.

I wonder who's "settle" will be nearer the actual outcome?

No asking for much are you [emoji106] Out of all your hopes, Sevco going bust again and never to return would be my favourite, since in years to come more young paisley buds might start watching us.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Why do you bother supporting (?) St Mirren FC? Not a ball kicked in anger and you are already demonstrating your Uber negative attitude. At least give JR the time to get his full squad together, players to get match fit and some competitive matches underway.   Noone knows how any of the teams will fare with new players etc. Like others, I will wait til we play the other 9 teams before making any predictions. 

31 minutes ago, elvis said:

We are all allowed an opinion I think we are weaker than last season that's mine.  

Yes but surely we have to see how decent the new players are? SM is a loss just as Kenny and John McG were. You may be right but I have faith in our manager and positivity of players willing to play for him.  Our squad may be bolstered by additional players and Jack and James will know where the team need strengthened. KTF

Predictions mean absolutely nothing. I prefer hard facts. The facts so far are done well against non league opposition. Beaten by Dundee and a poor draw against Alloa. Jack Ross said is was not good enough and he is very disappointed. Also we have lost our best player. THOSE are the facts and that is the real world....not the dream of fanciful predictions.