League Prediction

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

we're unbeaten for ages, well over a week, so I'm sticking 50p on us to win the league. Easy money. :P

I was about to stick a quid on until I remembered we lost 5-1 yesterday . 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

First post on this thread for 10 days, 2 before the Stranraer game - choo-choo, slurp-slurp, snort-snort & all that! :wolf

I'll stick with my gut feeling 3rd-5th.

Anyone downgraded their expectations? Anyone upgraded them?

Given the reality check of the last 2 games ,I think my over optimistic prediction of finishing 1st is probably beyond us . That said , if our injuries clear up and we can add some quality ,I can see no reason why we can't secure a playoff place .

I doubt we'll face a team as good as Thistle in our league , although they didn't have to work that hard for the win yesterday. As for the Livi game , I thought we were the better team but again weren't that good .

Still 2 weeks to the opener , so plenty of time to get things right on the training field and hopefully get a couple of players back from injury.

First post on this thread for 10 days, 2 before the Stranraer game - choo-choo, slurp-slurp, snort-snort & all that! :wolf

I'll stick with my gut feeling 3rd-5th.

Anyone downgraded their expectations? Anyone upgraded them?

I'll stick with my prediction of 1st, mainly because I don't think we've actually played a game yet and not treated it like a friendly, but also because I think we've another 2 or 3 players to come in, as well as having Eckersley, Magennis and Stelios to add to yesterday's team.

I will start to worry if there's a repeat of the lackadaisical approach next Saturday, and worry more if it continues into the Falkirk game and the start of the league season.

However, I think we will have a solid back four with Irvine/Stelios, Mackenzie, Davis and Eckersley, with a good midfield containing McGinn, McShane and Magennis plus creativity & goals in the form of Morgan, Smith, Reilly and Sutton (or a quality replacement). My biggest criticism so far is that we've not fit started in earnest yet. The manager has to get the team playing for real.

Let's be honest, the top 2 will be Dundee Utd and Falkirk, probably in that order, we will be fighting it out for the other 2 play off places with Inverness, Morton and possibly Dunfermline. QOS, Livingston and Dumbarton will be near the bottom trying to avoid the relegation playoff spot, and Brechin will be well adrift at the bottom with a record low points total.

I can't see past Utd now.

McDonald is a very good signing for them. Falkirk will be up there, too, and I reckon Dunfermline could surprise a few folk. I think ICT will be there or thereabouts.

We need at least two significant signings if we are to compete for a play-off spot. I can see us scrapping it out in mid-table with Livingston, Morton, and QotS, though.

Edited by Drew

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

I can't see past Utd now.

McDonald is a very good signing for them. Falkirk be better up there, too, and I reckon Dunfermline could surprise a few folk. I think ICT will be there or thereabouts.

We need at least two significant signings if we are to compete for a play-off spot. I can see us scrapping it out in mid-table with Livingston, Morton, and QotS, though.

Want to take me on in a bet? Loser buys the coffees, throw in a KitKat (2 fingers only, times are tough...) I predict Scott McDonald at United, Rory Loy at Falkirk, and John Baird at ICT will all score more league goals than anyone at St Mirren. If any St Mirren player scores more than any one of those three - you win.

Remember... I bet responsibly with Bet FFS... the world's premier online miserable basturt' betting company. When the fun stops - stop buying a fcuking ST.

:P

37 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Want to take me on in a bet? Loser buys the coffees, throw in a KitKat (2 fingers only, times are tough...) I predict Scott McDonald at United, Rory Loy at Falkirk, and John Baird at ICT will all score more league goals than anyone at St Mirren. If any St Mirren player scores more than any one of those three - you win.

Remember... I bet responsibly with Bet FFS... the world's premier online miserable basturt' betting company. When the fun stops - stop buying a fcuking ST.

:P

Do you reckon I'm a mug:lol:

1 hour ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Let's be honest, the top 2 will be Dundee Utd and Falkirk, probably in that order, we will be fighting it out for the other 2 play off places with Inverness, Morton and possibly Dunfermline. QOS, Livingston and Dumbarton will be near the bottom trying to avoid the relegation playoff spot, and Brechin will be well adrift at the bottom with a record low points total.

I go with this view as far as the top end of the league and where we might finish.

Livvy might do better than mentioned.