Official Match Programmes Involving St Mirren

Years ago you would see many a fan looking through a match programme that's all changed now you don't see many people with match programmes in fact can't remember the last time I seen one.  Are they really needed in today's computer WiFi phones where the latest news and team for the day is a finger tip away. Would love to know how many we sell. Hospitality that's the last time I seen a programme. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Years ago you would see many a fan looking through a match programme that's all changed now you don't see many people with match programmes in fact can't remember the last time I seen one.  Are they really needed in today's computer WiFi phones where the latest news and team for the day is a finger tip away. Would love to know how many we sell. Hospitality that's the last time I seen a programme. 

I have been buying a Programme since 1968 and not once has the official Team line up been listed. 

I still enjoy flicking through one and would hate to see them discontinued. 

We are a professional Football Club and Match Programmes should be produced, even just as a matter of record and history and for every First Team Match. 

A Four Pager at 50p or a £1 would be ideal for the Hearts game. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

I have been buying a Programme since 1968 and not once has the official Team line up been listed. 

We are a professional Football Club and Match Programmes should be produced, even just as a matter of record and history and for every First Team Match. 

^^^^^^^ Dinosaur. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, shull said:

Gotta agree here.

I have every home programme since 1967 plus several hundred aways. 

if that makes me sad....I'm happy!! :D

4 hours ago, SBS said:

Gotta agree here.

Have to say I think that's pretty impressive. 

I'd love to know what happened to all my programmes. I know for a fact they were in the hall press when I moved tae Jersey. My Maw swears she never threw them out but I've got ma doubts. I remember going back to my Maw's about 10 years later and excitedly going to the press to dig out my programmes. It's like one of those Aladdin's Cave hall presses (with the slight caveat that there hee haw in there worth a carrot). But the kind of place you might see something that hasnae seen the light of day for 30 years, sittin right next to something that went in there yesterday.  It's also the kind of place you could never be 100% certain that you'd properly searched, unless you took everything out and then put it all back in again.

Anyway, 31 years later my programmes are still nae where tae be seen. I reckon it's gonnae be wan of those death bed confessions fae ma Maw. "Ah'm sorry son. I cannae continue this sham. I was a bit short of kindling one night and there they were. Ah just couldnae help masel. I hope ye can forgive me".

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

7 hours ago, SBS said:

Gotta agree here.

Have you been at every home game since 67 * or have you aquired the ones you missed?

*That would be very impressive.

Have you been at every home game since 67 * or have you aquired the ones you missed?
*That would be very impressive.

Wasn't even born in 1967!
Started going in 78 and only missed a handful of games since.
My great grandfather used to give me his progs from the early 70s. Best thing about my Tuesday visits as a youngster! That's what got me interested in them.
A few years ago I was given the chance to get a full set from the championship season in 67-68. Just decided to fill in the missing few seasons and it went from there!

5 minutes ago, SBS said:

My great grandfather used to give me his progs from the early 70s. Best thing about my Tuesday visits as a youngster! That's what got me interested in them.
A few years ago I was given the chance to get a full set from the championship season in 67-68. Just decided to fill in the missing few seasons and it went from there!

Good on you.

I used to collect programmes, had plenty from big European games but pretty common.

No idea where they are/went but it's an interesting hobby.

Good to look back and see players and where they went and where they at now.

Just now, SBS said:

Good on you.I've got a boxful up in the loft but I stopped buying them years ago.I'll need to find the time and have a look thru them.I got a batch of programmes from pre 60s as a Birthday present and I can't think where they are........but I know they're somewhere.

Congrats on your collection.:happyclapper

Still disappointed we didn't produce a Match Programme today.

Colts opponents never stopped Raith  having a programme and their Match had a near identical attendance to ours.

Dumbarton also had a Programme for sale.

8 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I've got 2 of all 5 programmes, just in case anything ever happens to one copy.

Good idea. 

I may try that. 

Got a couple of copies of Semi and Final. 

Should really double up on the others. 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Ye beauty !!! 

Been trying to get the Raith v Saints Programme from 1987 Scottish Cup for a couple of decades. 

Won a copy on Ebay this morning. 

That was the missing one. 

Over the moon now. 

Good stuff. 

Got all of them.

Best part of my collection is having every cup semi final and final since  the 1955 League Cup.

Also got complete home and away for the championship seasons and every ASC and European programme.

Oh! and a very understanding wife!!!

19 minutes ago, SBS said:

Good stuff. 

Got all of them.

Best part of my collection is having every cup semi final and final since  the 1955 League Cup.

Also got complete home and away for the championship seasons and every ASC and European programme.

Oh! and a very understanding wife!!!

Well done Sir and it's an expensive hobby also. 

Still collect now although I usually buy a couple if it is a special match or a match not like a run of the mill league one. Like Spartans, New Saints, East Kilbride. 

That's why I was disappointed there was no Programme issued for our first ever game against a Colts Team last Saturday. 

An opportunity missed. 

I managed to get a Teamsheet , but that's not the same. 

Hopefully, we will be able to purchase a St Mirren Title Winning Programme this Season, home or away. 

Just now, shull said:

Well done Sir and it's an expensive hobby also. 

Still collect now although I usually buy a couple if it is a special match or a match not like a run of the mill league one. Like Spartans, New Saints, East Kilbride. 

That's why I was disappointed there was no Programme issued for our first ever game against a Colts Team last Saturday. 

An opportunity missed. 

I managed to get a Teamsheet , but that's not the same. 

Hopefully, we will be able to purchase a St Mirren Title Winning Programme this Season, home or away. 

Yeah, picked up a team sheet myself on Saturday, not normally too bothered about them, but as you say, needed something for the game. 

2 minutes ago, SBS said:

Yeah, picked up a team sheet myself on Saturday, not normally too bothered about them, but as you say, needed something for the game. 

I was quite lucky to get a copy. 

Tried at 2.20 and they were all gone. 

Tried again at 2.40 just as we were going into Main Stand and luckily enough they had photocopied some more. 

Would have treasured a Programme but Teamsheet will have to  do. 

Just now, shull said:

I was quite lucky to get a copy. 

Tried at 2.20 and they were all gone. 

Tried again at 2.40 just as we were going into Main Stand and luckily enough they had photocopied some more. 

Would have treasured a Programme but Teamsheet will have to  do. 

I got there just after half past. The Guy was just bringing them out.