Rory Loy

44 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Boo him for what exactly. Scoring the goal that kept us up !!!!

As soon as the game kicks off he's fair game for abuse,along with the other falkirk cheats.

Will you be cheering him in for 90 mins?

Businessmen...why is it never us?

Tom Hunter, Sports Division, Kilmarmock

Tom Farmer, Kwik Fit , Hibs

Roy McGregor, f**k knows, Ross County

Eddie Thomson, VG supermarkets , Dundee Utd

John Boyle, mare money than sense (failed airline), Motherwell

Stewart Milne, building houses, Aberdeen

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

I'm sure GS could have paid Loy's wages out of his own pocket. I'm glad he didn't. I'm happy that we spend what we can afford.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure GS could have paid Loy's wages out of his own pocket. I'm glad he didn't. I'm happy that we spend what we can afford.

Heard last night that both ourselves and Falkirk agreed to match Loys basic at Dundee , which wasn't near the £1700 pw mentioned , the sticking point was the dough Dundee wanted on top , which Falkirk agreed to pay !

Disappointed to lose Rory. He did play an important part in our successful run in the second half of last season. Scored some vital goals, including at Easter Road on the last day of the season. Thought he might have been talked into coming back by Jack and James.

But we move on...... and we need a big guy up front. Any ideas?

8 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The third stand built at the Falkirk Stadium was funded by the businessman who owned the 'Schuh' chain of shoe stores. Built as an aesthetic vanity project IMHO.

What about the Partick fans who won the lottery and have just funded an academy there?

What we need is a fat cockney basturt' who owns a big sports store chain.... get it sorted Fitzpatrick.

I was really keen to get Loy back for next season as he seemed a very big character in the dressing room and his contribution to the team was immense. I am pretty sure he was not the only player on our radar as it was never a certainty he was leaving Dundee in the first place.

I thought Reilly looked very good last night along with Cammy Smith. Hilson also looks like he could play in a more forward role if needed too, which would probably still not help me mistaking him for Morgan as I did last night.

24 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

which would probably still not help me mistaking him for Morgan as I did last night.

Only difference is Morgan's a whippet , potentially our best player , and must not be allowed to leave this season !

15 hours ago, HSS said:

As soon as the game kicks off he's fair game for abuse,along with the other falkirk cheats.

Will you be cheering him in for 90 mins?

No I will do what any normal thinking person would do and support my own team rather than concentrating on an opposition player.

Anyone who boos a player just because he had the "audacity" to sign for a club other than us is a dick pure and simple !

We will have the money set aside for Loy's wages to spend. I'd expect us to go after another striker now as a priority. Liked Reilly - very quick and bright, and Hilson very good on the ball, quick feet but needs to know when to release it. Need a striker who is a step up in class though, as Loy was. We have a physical presence in the form of Sutton and Stewart when required - would prefer us to get someone else with pace and a good scoring record in.

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I thought we just missed a target man last night, movement was great, midfield a little congested . Love to hear some suggestions on here to who, maybe England or Ireland?

I agree re target, felt too many crosses in first half in particular were aimless or gave the strikeforce limited chances against bigger defenders. In the second half, after their third, we played the ball on the deck more and looked sharper despite being up against a team with fresher legs for a fair bit. I think Reilly looked decent, and will get goals, but will need a foil for some games that offers more physical presence (although to fit this side they need to be relatively mobile too so for me it's not Sutton as a starter), and Loy could have given us that but we move on.

49 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No I will do what any normal thinking person would do and support my own team rather than concentrating on an opposition player.

Anyone who boos a player just because he had the "audacity" to sign for a club other than us is a dick pure and simple !

Then me and thousands of other football fans worldwide are pure dicks.

I don't know how I'll get thru the day.:lol:

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Only difference is Morgan's a whippet , potentially our best player , and must not be allowed to leave this season !

Morgan was unbelievable last night. The pace he was beating the right back at time and time again. I hope we can hold on to him, even if it is just for the season ahead.

If we hadn't already signed Reilly then I could understand the clamour to get in another striker.

Reilly is a proven goal scorer at this level. 25 goals in 49 starts with QoS in the Championship.

He was 4th top scorer in a Championship that included Hearts, The Rangers and Hibs. He scored more goals than anyone at Hearts or The Rangers.

Reilly is still only 24. He's still young and hungry and proven at this level.

Reilly and Smith haven't come here to sit on the bench. They are here to play every week.

Sutton, Stewart and possibly Hilson give us other options. I think we will get goals.

Morgan was unbelievable last night. The pace he was beating the right back at time and time again. I hope we can hold on to him, even if it is just for the season ahead.

One thing my pals son pointed out last night is that Morgan changes what foot he is using depending what side he is taking a corner from. The boy has talent!!

Anyway back to Loy? Yup its a shame we didn't get him though I think Reilly can be better than him.