Rory Loy

Disappointed that Loy has joined Falkirk and not us after a slow start last season he was excellent towards the end and scored some vital goals but I am hopeful that Reilly can rediscover the form that earned him a move to Hearts.

I am more worried about the goals from midfield we will miss from Mallan moving on. Again just hoping between Morgan & Kirkpatrick that they can cover his goals and assists.

• 5 weeks later...

6 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

I'll certainly be applauding him.

Still pretty gutted we never managed to get a deal over the line for him.

It appeared to be the case that he didn't want a deal as he only wanted to go to Falkirk. He helped us last season but, on the plus side, I don't think he's irreplaceable at our level. I'll treat him like any other opposition player. No more, no less.

Edited by stlucifer

It appeared to be the case that he didn't want a deal as he only wanted to go to Falkirk. He helped us last season but, on the plus side, I don't think he's irreplaceable at our level. I'll treat him like any other opposition player. No more, no less.

Not my understanding going by quotes attributed to JR in the press.

My take is that Loy was open to coming back, he just wanted more money on the table and thought Saints could offer it, never got it and went to Falkirk.

It happens.

2 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Not my understanding going by quotes attributed to JR in the press.

My take is that Loy was open to coming back, he just wanted more money on the table and thought Saints could offer it, never got it and went to Falkirk.

A quote attributed to Loy.

"When I heard Falkirk were interested in bringing me back, there really was only one option. I can't wait to get started,"

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

"When I heard Falkirk were interested in bringing me back, there really was only one option. I can't wait to get started,"

He would say that, wouldn't he....

[emoji23][emoji23] So after he signed for Falkirk he said the same shite every player says when he signs for a club.

Money talks bud. Saints couldn't offer him what he wanted. If we did he'd be a St. Mirren player.

Just now, Dan Is The Man said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png So after he signed for Falkirk he said the same shite every player says when he signs for a club.

Money talks bud. Saints couldn't offer him what he wanted. If we did he'd be a St. Mirren player.

You might say that. Loy might say different. If both offered the same where do you think Loy would be? I suggest only Rory knows that.

Played on loan for a few months and then knocked us back. I certainly won't be cheering him. It's not as though he's Isma

Arguably, his contribution to the cause was more important than Isma's as Loy helped us stave off part time oblivion and a potentially long exile in the lower leagues. Just my opinion.

He deserves a decent reception and then he's just like any other ex player who comes to town.

1 hour ago, Dan Is The Man said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png So after he signed for Falkirk he said the same shite every player says when he signs for a club.

Neither could Falkirk its a group of business men that's funding his wages. 

27 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I wasn't his biggest fan and don't think he showed his best for when he was with us. Will I show the usual courtesy of some welcome back type applause?  Yes.  After that normal service resumes!  I wish him well .. just not against us.

We seem to be overlooking that Loy was getting pelters at one point , one particular occasion was the 0-1 lose at home to Dumbarton when he was like a man short and also the penalty miss against the same mob in the 1-1 draw that would have saved us all the last game of the season drama. I personally don't see him as a huge loss . that what Mallan is.

Guest TPAFKATS

Arguably, his contribution to the cause was more important than Isma's as Loy helped us stave off part time oblivion and a potentially long exile in the lower leagues. Just my opinion.

He deserves a decent reception and then he's just like any other ex player who comes to town.

Dont think he contributed that much.
Hoping he contributes even less to Falkirk this season [emoji3]

48 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

We seem to be overlooking that Loy was getting pelters at one point , one particular occasion was the 0-1 lose at home to Dumbarton when he was like a man short and also the penalty miss against the same mob in the 1-1 draw that would have saved us all the last game of the season drama. I personally don't see him as a huge loss . that what Mallan is.

Loy wasn't with us when we lost at home to Dumbarton.