Rory Loy

Aye - drawing fouls isn't cheating in my book. Diving is, it that's an entirely different thing.
Loy was very effective in drawing fouls for us last season, and we benefited from plenty of dead ball opportunities as a result. Few complained then.

To be fair, only one seems to be complaining now.....

Prediction...

"Sutton is an (insert adjective of choice) too then" [emoji767] Sh

Sutton used his experience to gain us an advantage.

There was actually minimal contact but he drew it and earned the free kick.

I have no problem with that.

Me neither.
But my point is, there are people on here would bring back hanging for players of opposing teams that gain an advantage unfairly. As I said, it happens with every team, St Mirren included.
St Mirren fans are biased towards St Mirren, I get that. But some supporters need to take the blinkers off before judging players from other teams when Saints players do, or would do the same.

39 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

But some supporters need to take the blinkers off before judging players from other teams when Saints players do, or would do the same.

What about that Hippo character?He could be an outstanding footballer if he concentrated on football instead of trying to gain an advantage.(cheat)

I wouldn't want him anywhere near a St Mirren strip

19 minutes ago, HSS said:

What about that Hippo character?He could be an outstanding footballer if he concentrated on football instead of trying to gain an advantage.(cheat)

I wouldn't want him anywhere near a St Mirren strip

He took a dive right in front of us yesterday , Basher was sitting next to us and shouted "f**kin get up you". ^_^

1 minute ago, billyg said:

He took a dive right in front of us yesterday , Basher was sitting next to us and shouted "f**kin get up you". ^_^

There are times when he would have the advantage if he went by a player but still prefers to go down.

:wacko:

Probably in the minority hear but I'm fine with players cheating.

My favourite individual act of cheating would be Charlie Adam's handball goal against Clyde in the 2005/06 season when we were 1-0 down - critical point in the season, if we'd lost that match we'd have lost the momentum of the CC win the week before and things might have turned out very differently.

Graham Roberts meltdown in the papers the following day just added to my pleasure! :D

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

If I had you on ignore I would not have been able to laugh at that!

Pozbaird... Bad advice... This is comedy gold!

Seriously, it's great advice. Hopefully a couple of the chunts I have on ignore could set me to ignore too, in doing so, doubling my enjoyment levels on this forum.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Seriously, it's great advice. Hopefully a couple of the chunts I have on ignore could set me to ignore too, in doing so, doubling my enjoyment levels on this forum.

Insecure chunts like you would prefer to have your own wee forum where it's all nice and pink. :lol:

Run along, you must have washing to do. :byebye

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Probably in the minority hear but I'm fine with players cheating.

My favourite individual act of cheating would be Charlie Adam's handball goal against Clyde in the 2005/06 season when we were 1-0 down - critical point in the season, if we'd lost that match we'd have lost the momentum of the CC win the week before and things might have turned out very differently.

Graham Roberts meltdown in the papers the following day just added to my pleasure! :D

Nah, blatant cheating does my nut in. The kind of thing I'm talking about is Kyle Lafferty pretending that Aberdeen player nutted him when the Aberdeen player did no such thing. If a St Mirren player did that I'd be hugely disappointed.

Hippolyte is a clear and serial diver. Talented guy too, shame he resorts to that kind of pish. I guess we all take a subjective view on what constitutes blatant diving / cheating... or what constitutes 'drawing a foul'. It's a grey area....unlike the space between Shull's ears.

Edited by pozbaird

At the end of the day I really don't generally mind giving opposition players abuse. I'd much rather that than giving our own lads pelters.

I do think though that we should be better than abusing a guy whilst he's lying on the ground clearly injured.

And I also think players who did well for us in the last deserve a wee bit of respect when they return, unless they shat on us before they left. Like Mendes did for example.

Guest TPAFKATS
Loy got a great reception leaving the field though like the rest of the Falkirk players looked a bit shocked at the way we came back at them. 

Not from me he never. No abuse either mind you, just sat quietly and watched him leave the park. Then Lee Miller came on and a steward reminded me about my language...

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Not from me he never. No abuse either mind you, just sat quietly and watched him leave the park. Then Lee Miller came on and a steward reminded me about my language...

Was in the main stand I sit bear the tunnel everyone around me was clapping him off. Still what a score would never have guessed that before the game. Beat Morton on Saturday our confidence will grow on and off the field. 

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

99.9999999% of the St Mirren support on Saturday were better than that. :)

What you're saying is that Saints has 1000 million supporters and all but one if them are better than that. 

This is news to me, I knew I supported a good club but until now I didn't realise we were such a big club. 

27 minutes ago, uhura said:

What you're saying is that Saints has 1000 million supporters and all but one if them are better than that. 

This is news to me, I knew I supported a good club but until now I didn't realise we were such a big club. 

There's a decimal point that you seem to have missed! :whistle