Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woiiftm

Sport Scientist

204 posts in this topic

Glad SMISA cleared up the misunderstanding very professionally. Just shows jumping to conclusions isn't the best approach.

For me Vote 1 Sports scientist Vote 2 Gym equipment. It's all great paying money to community projects and the panda club, completely agree with it. However for my monthly payment the needs of St Mirren football club will come first. I feel they're two uses that will help the first team perform and maybe even freeing up the sports scientist money might help with a new signing. 

I would be very wary getting into the habit of supporting recurring expenditure as quite simply, it means we are not living within our means.

Capital expenditure such as gym equipment and community projects which may lead to a growth in our fan base would always be my preferred option.

I would be very wary getting into the habit of supporting recurring expenditure as quite simply, it means we are not living within our means.

Capital expenditure such as gym equipment and community projects which may lead to a growth in our fan base would always be my preferred option.

Yeah can see your point. I suppose the way I looked at it was the cash outlay was in advance on what seems to be a rolling contract. No real risk attached because if we chose to discontinue the funding, the contract simply ends.

I think this will be a close one this quarter.

There's certainly a debate to be had, members can also get an idea of the sort of things that kick around outside of the season's budget. Seeing that will give a better undestanding as we progress to full control.
BuddieinEK likes this