Ian McShane Signs 2yr deal

24 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Wikipedia says he is the younger cousin of ex Accies player John McShane.

The is the John McShane who was at Saints as a youth and played a few games in the first team as a sub?

Caused a meltdown on the site when he was transferred to Accies - another of the many who didn't come back to haunt us.#

Or maybe as Drew says below he is a completely different person - not for the first time I'm confused. :wacko:

Edited by Bud the Baker

12 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Wikipedia says he is the younger cousin of ex Accies player John McShane.

The is the John McShane who was at Saints as a youth and played a few games in the first team as a sub?

Don't think so. He was Jon, as opposed to John.

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

He is.

Wiki spelled his name wrongly.

Correct!

Jon McShane
Football player
Jon McShane is a Scottish professional football who most recently played for Stenhousemuir. He previously played for St Mirren, Dumbarton, Hamilton Academical, Celtic Nation, East Fife and Stranraer. Wikipedia

Born: 14 September 1991 (age 25), Paisley
Height: 1.88 m
Weight: 69 kg

15 hours ago, stlucifer said:

If it's any consolation, I got it.

Deadwood.jpg

Brilliant series! As evidenced by the fact that it finished after just 3 seasons, instead of dragging on for 5, 6, 7 seasons like so many of the inferior shows we see now.

If this Ian McShane is as good at what he does as the Ian McShane in Deadwood was we will have unearthed a gem!

COYS!

13 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Caused a meltdown on the site when he was transferred to Accies - another of the many who didn't come back to haunt us.#

Or maybe as Drew says below he is a completely different person - not for the first time I'm confused. :wacko:

I think the disappointment with Jon mcshane is that he scored quite a few goals when out on loan at a young age

didn't seem to fulfil the early promise

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

Would imagine we'll see Rocco being shipped out very soon now, with Sutton probably following suit once we get another striker lined up.

Why is everyone so sure that Sutton is on the transfer list?

I'd imagine he will be staying and playing a significant role this season.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why is everyone so sure that Sutton is on the transfer list?

I'd imagine he will be staying and playing a significant role this season.

Wouldn't have a problem with him staying - he is an experienced player and a goalscorer. Just think he's a high earner, and when Jack hinted about needing to get players out before anyone else came in there are very few senior players in the squad that Jack hasn't either brought in or given a new contract in the summer. Quinn and Sutton stand out as the ones who will be on decent wages and could be on the way.

Decent from a dead ball as well. Welcome to the club.

Agree with that. Always been impressed with him when I saw him play. Remember a game last year or was it the season before against Aberdeen at Dingwall where he ran the show. Think he scored 2 that day and think I recall his shooting from distance was exceptional. I may be talking crap and actually thinking about Jorge Albertz in the mid 90's. Either way, a good bit of business by us.

6 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

If Sutton does move then where would he go? My guess would be Dunfermline. Unless we have someone exceptional lined up then I'd stick rather than twist.

My thoughts exactly.