Ian McShane Signs 2yr deal

• 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

When I saw the thread live, I thought we had resigned him.

I know there are good players in the juniors... but I'd have thought him still well above that level.

Darvel aren't Juniors anymore.

They were among the numerous teams who joined the Senior "pyramid" and are now in the West of Scotland League.

Darvel aren't Juniors anymore.
They were among the numerous teams who joined the Senior "pyramid" and are now in the West of Scotland League.
I stand corrected.

I know from EK that there are good signings at that level and a lot of ambitious clubs... I'm just surprised McShane isn't playing Championship or above.

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I stand corrected.

I know from EK that there are good signings at that level and a lot of ambitious clubs... I'm just surprised McShane isn't playing Championship or above.

I'm assuming he's got a trade/skill/talent that he can profit from outwith the part-time wage he'll be on at Darvel.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
6 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
I'm assuming he's got a trade/skill/talent that he can profit from outwith the part-time wage he'll be on at Darvel.

Darvel are the new Hurlford on the Ayrshire scene, someone's pumping in decent money for a crack at the new set up.

Yeah, they were the same level as Renfrew and Arthurlie last season and had quite a few ex pros kicking about. Rumours of £300 - £400 a week at that level.

25 minutes ago, mattman said:

Jordan kirkpatrick also signed with them, got to love players with ambition 🥴

They all have ambition to make as much money as they can. 

That's why they are at Darvel. 

Just like top tier professionals signed for lower league cnuts, Gretna, back in the day. 

How's that for an original thought, St Lucy the Offended Jessie ?  

Jordan kirkpatrick also signed with them, got to love players with ambition [emoji3061]
I had to go and look up who he was, although his name seemed familiar. Probably a sad reflection on my failing memory and the player's shiteness when he was at the club.

And when the moneymen pull out and there are stacks of players on long contracts with big money and other high club expenses, what happens then. 

Unsustainable with an average of 100 fans and Darvel do a Gretna and die. 

On 6/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:
On 6/27/2020 at 3:49 AM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Darvel are the new Hurlford on the Ayrshire scene, someone's pumping in decent money for a crack at the new set up.

Brownings the Bakers apparently. Look out for a cracking new Darvel pie. Exciting times for them. Will keep an eye on their results. 🥧

Guest TPAFKATS
It’s possible that he has received no offers from Championship clubs. For all we know he may have business interests outside of football and has ambitions to grow that. 
Yeah, he didn't seem to be a great hit with Falkirk fans in league one.