St Mirren V Livingston - Top of The Group Table Clash

St.Ricky

Well maybe I'm being naïve but I reckon I saw positives as well as negatives on display tonight. Pleased to see that we continued to attempt to build from the back after going behind rather than hump the ball forward aimlessly (apart from the stoppage time last gasp efforts).

Disappointed in Stephen McGinn's performance, he failed to impose himself in his usual manner. And Stelios is still a bit of a loose cannon at times.

Perhaps Livingston are due more credit - they were a bit better than many of us expected before 7.45 tonight.

Usual negativity from the usual sources on the forum tonight. No surprises there, eh ?

But quite concerned to see such negativity coming from SPS. I usually regard Gary as an optimist / realist so pessimism from him is an eye opener for me.

Onwards and upwards though.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not as brainless as you two cunts that can't see we are PISH. 

Wouldn't say we were pish. Livi scored early and defended stubbornly... didn't really let us get back into the game. Can't fault the effort of our players. Final ball just wasn't there

Not as brainless as you two cunts that can't see we are PISH. 

I understand - I do. You don't have the basic intellect to express yourself so you just stick to the dull, repetitive phrases.

Don't expect everyone else to have a similar dearth of brain cells though. [emoji106]

Winning the challenge cup =/= cup glory. There's two national cup competitions a season, they're important to the football club for several reasons.

This is JR's first summer transfer window as a full time manager, and his lack of experience is showing. Let's hope he learns from his mistakes and doesn't enter the league cup with such a woefully undercooked squad again.

Now don't get me wrong, tonight was f**king woeful but "lack of experience", "learns from his mistakes" and "woefully under cooked squad"? That's almost as wrong as the shite I sat through tonight.

He absolutely nailed the last transfer window and probably saved the club from years of lower league purgatory so I would think he knows what he's up to.

What mistakes has he made so far?

How the f**k is the squad "woefully undercooked"? Injuries to two starters (Eckersley and Magennis) as well as Hilton robbed him of three players for tonight. We'll likely only add a couple more to the squad and that will be that in terms of players coming in so what do expect from squad at this stage? There's a month to go until the window shuts and we've probably got around 90% of the squad in place. We can debate the quality of some of those signings if you wish but not the quantity, that's just silly.

You just go looking for opportunities to boot the guy wherever you see them.

We've got to learn to beat teams like this as that's how Dumbarton and Brechin will certainly play this year.

The ball needs to get from the back to front much quicker and if I don't see McKenzie or Buchanan making another pass all year I'll be happy. McGinn or McShane should be taking that ball from them every time to,start the attacks.

Not sure why Stewart played wide right?

Some players just didn't get into the game often enough. Overall, it was rubbish.

7 minutes ago, DLBud said:

We've got to learn to beat teams like this as that's how Dumbarton and Brechin will certainly play this year.

The ball needs to get from the back to front much quicker and if I don't see McKenzie or Buchanan making another pass all year I'll be happy. McGinn or McShane should be taking that ball from them every time to,start the attacks.

Not sure why Stewart played wide right?

Some players just didn't get into the game often enough. Overall, it was rubbish.

You should not bother mate TopCat has an agenda with Jack Ross it's been obvious since day one of Jack's appointment. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

We were bullied tae feck.

And no drum in Stand didnae help tonight,

Still win the League.

Where was the drum?Is it in the Scotrail lost property office? :rolleyes:

1st half we were a final ball away from being a good team,everything fell apart in the last third.Second half we were poor apart from a wee five mins towards the end when I thought we were going to get an equaliser but it wasn't to be.I was sure the disallowed goal was a goal.People sitting in a better position confirmed this to me.

Ref was a c**t,Assit Ref was a c**t,Livy were c**ts.

Highlight of the night for me was the performance of O'keefe,he was more MOTM than Morgan was.

Livy will win our section now and we'll struggle to be one of the four  best runners up. 

Very disappointing night.....get it sorted Jack.

Edited by HSS

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Glad I did not make the game however would rather Jack seen problems and what needs fixed than making the errors in our first league game. Poor show from the minority of fans who like to be negative as usual.  

Poor show? The majority of people, who were there, expressed disappointment on last nights game.

They had paid money to watch, according to them, a half arsed performance.

Is it the end of the world, no, but to write last night off and our possible exit from a cup is equally as wrong.

6 hours ago, HSS said:

Highlight of the night for me was the performance of O'keefe,he was more MOTM than Morgan was.

Agreed.  Maybe David Longwell's work is going to bail out yet another manager's poor summer transfer window work?

8 hours ago, billyg said:

Mallan's replacement , but although his dead balls are good , he's no where near the player Stevie became ! Didn't think he stamped any authority on the game whatsoever !

I reckon we should give him more than half a dozen days at the club before passing judgement.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I reckon we should give him more than half a dozen days at the club before passing judgement.

Equally, this could be said for all the players that we should perhaps not be making final calls on any of them in mid July. Whether they've previously been here or not. 

Find it astounding that folk can summarise that we've had a poor transfer window when they've barely seen any of the players in action, there are players still to arrive and there are six full weeks of the window left. 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Equally, this could be said for all the players that we should perhaps not be making final calls on any of them in mid July. Whether they've previously been here or not. 

Find it astounding that folk can summarise that we've had a poor transfer window when they've barely seen any of the players in action, there are players still to arrive and there are six full weeks of the window left. 

Its the typical knee-jerk stuff after a set-back. A tad unfair to judge any player in that context.

Edited by Drew