Scott McDonald

HSS

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

What the club don't want is some "big time Charlie" coming in thinking he's too good for us. That's what I think McDonald would bring. Barge pole wouldn't with a him touch , not necessarily in that order.

Moving to any team after playing for the mighty Motherwell would be a step down I suppose..:wacko:

Lets be honest, he give's 100% every time I've seen him play, why would he be any different at St Mirren..

25 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Moving to any team after playing for the mighty Motherwell would be a step down I suppose..:wacko:

Lets be honest, he give's 100% every time I've seen him play, why would he be any different at St Mirren..

Motherwell gave him his chance to play for the big team he craved so they're a different kettle of fish. We would just be a last resort.  I.M.O.

The rhetoric used by some to describe McDonald here reminds me of the way a lot of opposing fans talked about Jim Goodwin. (See also: Millen, Turner, Abercromby.)

Every time we have won something in my lifetime, we've had what might euphemistically be called a 'competitive' player at the heart of our team. I have no moral issue with St Mirren employing such a player as I do wonder if we're a wee bit too nice at the moment.

(Having said that, I believe McGinn could have that streak, and without having seen him play recently, I can see something of the sort in McShane's eyes, too. Maybe we'll be ok. B) )

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

The rhetoric used by some to describe McDonald here reminds me of the way a lot of opposing fans talked about Jim Goodwin. (See also: Millen, Turner, Abercromby.)

Every time we have won something in my lifetime, we've had what might euphemistically be called a 'competitive' player at the heart of our team. I have no moral issue with St Mirren employing such a player as I do wonder if we're a wee bit too nice at the moment.

(Having said that, I believe McGinn could have that streak, and without having seen him play recently, I can see something of the sort in McShane's eyes, too. Maybe we'll be ok. B) )

Would imagine he will end up at Thistle or Hamilton. 

On 7/16/2017 at 2:55 PM, shull said:

NOT EVEN FOR FECKING FREE 

HORRIBLE CHEATING DIVING CNUT 

On 7/16/2017 at 9:40 PM, shull said:

Cannae see Jack signing Liam's Daddy.

Thankfully.

Watched Scott on a football pitch, Dive, cheat, punch, elbow,  go over the top and treat fellow professionals with complete contempt.

MORON

Sign him...

On 16/07/2017 at 10:40 PM, shull said:

Cannae see Jack signing Liam's Daddy.

Thankfully.

Watched Scott on a football pitch, Dive, cheat, punch, elbow,  go over the top and treat fellow professionals with complete contempt.

MORON

Sounds exactly what we need Now. 

On 7/16/2017 at 6:31 PM, HSS said:

So you'd rather have a player whose family,and maybe even him,have brought nothing but misery to the streets of the West of Scotland?

Strange logic shull but as you say forums are for opinion.

What have I missed here?

On 7/18/2017 at 9:42 AM, Magic Monkey said:

McShane seems more of a Hugh Murray character.  Very fast with a professional foul in the middle of the pitch.

MacDonald would be a great signing, exactly what we need right now.

would he score goals,yes....do we need a striker,yes..after last night especially,a hope we have at least spoken to him,take away hilson and Stewarts wages,we could have McDonald,Sutton,Reilly,Morgan,smith,just think we could have worked this out a bit better,because jack said stewart was for future,but playing him,surely because injury prone hilson got injured,that's us fecked

Edited by paul torfason
spelling mistake

Going on last night's performance/result Scott McDondald would be perfect for us.  With the half chances there were i.e balls being fizzed across the box and being pin balled about the box he is the type of player who could turn these type of chances into goals throughout a season and with regards to him having a nasty streak etc so what?  I'd kick my granny for a StMirren victory and my Granny would want me to also.

You'd have to think that clubs in the SPFL would be looking at him, and be in a much better financial position than us to sign him.

As much as I think he's just what we're looking for in terms of a forward, I don't think we've got a hope in hell of signing him.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

You'd have to think that clubs in the SPFL would be looking at him, and be in a much better financial position than us to sign him.

As much as I think he's just what we're looking for in terms of a forward, I don't think we've got a hope in hell of signing him.

We wouldn't know unless we ask him. I would be happy for him to sign for us and the meltdown from a Glasgow taxi driver would even be funnier :lol: