Scott McDonald

HSS

If so it's a tremendous signing.  We have little chance this season I'm afraid.  Falkirk and United have excellent strikers and Inverness with Baird is also decent. We don't have a striker who will score 15plus goals. We also don't have any depth to our squad and unless we can shuffle things and make space it will be another season of struggling to make mid table.  

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

If so it's a tremendous signing.  We have little chance this season I'm afraid.  Falkirk and United have excellent strikers and Inverness with Baird is also decent. We don't have a striker who will score 15plus goals. We also don't have any depth to our squad and unless we can shuffle things and make space it will be another season of struggling to make mid table.  

If Scott McDonald signs for St Mirren, it will be tremendous just to see Shull's seethe levels stretch to him starting ten new threads about the diving cheating wee barsteward that he doesn't want anywhere near our tablecloth kit.

Please God, sign him.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

If McDonald signed (which I can't see happening), I'm sure all would be forgiven if he scored a hattrick against the bairns...

Forgiven ?

Never.

7 hours ago, Drew said:

Genuine question - why not?

Nothing to do with his Celtic career. 

I don't think he's anywhere near the player he once was and would prefer not to gamble a big wage on him. I don't think having a lone superstar would fit into what Jack Ross is trying to achieve on and off the park. 

Just my opinion mate, really don't fancy the idea of him signing. 

Edited by davidg

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Nothing to do with his Celtic career. 

I don't think he's anywhere near the player he once was and would prefer not to gamble a big wage on him. I don't think having a lone superstar would fit into what Jack Ross is trying to achieve on and off the park. 

Just my opinion mate, really don't fancy the idea of him signing. 

All entirely reasonable.

My thinking is that we need a forward player with a bit of experience, a bit of edge, and, aye, a narky wee shite also fits the bill.

JR himself commented after the Livingston game that his team are possibly a bit too nice. I reckon we could do with someone who has played at a higher level, and knows how to read a game. I appreciate that Mcdonald won't be the player he once was - if he were, we wouldn't be talking about him in our speculation thread - but I think he would be a decent fit.

All that said, I don't think this is going to happen. I don't think it for a minute.

Let's see first hand what Andy Ryan brings to the game on Saturday. If he is good as being tipped a wee loan to the club should be looked at as money will come in from sell on clauses eventually.  If this lad is good he will move on for money later. Ok I will shut the door on the way out.