The next Dr.Who

FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS

Seems a lot of manchilds getting awfy upset about a fictional character regenerating as a woman.
I really wish the production team had gone for a Muslim lesbian

5 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

As Sanjeev Kohli said...

Can't deal with a female #13thDoctorWho?

Travel through time & space to the planet Earth in 2017 where THESE THINGS SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE

The only issue I have is that the BBC have targets to achieve in the sphere of appointing the correct quotas of one-legged gay black Muslim Quidditch fans. This seems like a box ticked for the quotas. Certainly they achieved their target for Teuchter newsreaders and weather presenters ages ago.

I'm not into Doctor Who and don't watch it. I love James Bond though, and wouldn't care if the next one was black, orange or lime coloured, had the Pope tattooed on their arse or prayed to Mecca between takes....or if they were female... as long as they got the gig not because they ticked a diversity quota box, but purely because the producers thought they were the best actor up for the role.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

WGAF.

...which is really what my "Meh" was saying.  :) 

The absurdity of people getting their knickers in a twist about a fictional, two-hearted Alien character's sexuality would be amusing, if it wasn't rooted in an archaic misogyny that's destined - along with those holding such beliefs - for the dustbin of history.  :) 

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I thought she was great in the original Broadchurch, as was Olivia Colman.

I thought she was great in that, also - but surpassed THAT performance with the one in the third episode.

(I didnae see the middle one)

ETA;

This is an Alien that replicates (as we've all seen and happily went along with for decades...) not by having 'sex' but by going through a transformation into another identity.  So the gender thing is irrelevant.

The door's wide open for the role to be filled by a Mandarin duck in the next series.  :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-40016817

Edited by antrin

1 minute ago, antrin said:

I thought she was great in that, also - but surpassed THAT performance with the one in the third episode.

(I didnae see the middle one)

I only watched the original series of Broadchurch. Same with 'Life On Mars' - loved the first series, had no interest in the follow ups.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I only watched the original series of Broadchurch. Same with 'Life On Mars' - loved the first series, had no interest in the follow ups.

You would have watched all three episodes if the actor had been swapped for a Mandarin Duck.

(see edit, above)