Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shull

Daniel Lennon - St Mirren Legend

66 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

It's a division of the Scottish Professional Football League.  It calls itself a Premiership, which is a stupid name.

But is it a League? Do each team play each other to decide who finishes top? Do they amass points and goal difference? Is there relegation from and promotion to it from the, ahem, league below?

52 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

But is it a League? Do each team play each other to decide who finishes top? Do they amass points and goal difference? Is there relegation from and promotion to it from the, ahem, league below?

IT IS THE PREMIERSHIP OF THE SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

IT IS THE PREMIERSHIP OF THE SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Is it a league? Quite a simple question. If the whole thing was one league there would be no promotion and only relegation at the very bottom. Last season we'd have been classed as 19th. Not 7th.

Edited by stlucifer

My abiding memory of Danny was when he turned and looked at the crowd after Newton scored the third at Hampden.
That was the mark of the man. It wasn't about Danny Lennon, it was about St Mirren and the supporters. I'm sure he took a wee moment to be very proud of his achievement and well he might, but at that critical point, it was about more than that for him.
I thought that was a remarkable moment. He is a humble man, and I was so delighted for him to have taken us to that final and won it for us.  That is also why I was so utterly sickened by the way he was treated at the end if his tenure. It wasn't the fact that his contract wasn't renewed, it was the manner in which it was done. So very shabby.
Danny Lennon absolutely deserves this honour. A very decent human being, and the man who gave us all cause to be bursting with pride to be St Mirren fans again. I walked into work on the Tuesday (having taken the Monday off for additional celebrations, etc) and felt 10ft tall. Superb.
Thanks Danny

AMEN to that. AMEN!

On 19/07/2017 at 0:41 PM, Buddie Marvelous said:

Fair enough, but a statue? My arse!

A statue of yir arse. f**k that would stop traffic

BuddieinEK likes this

Danny, Danny Lennon Danny Lennon Lennon. Danny Danny Lennon Danny Lennon Lennon.

Hope he come to the next home game so we can all sing that to him 

Danny Lennon:wub:

shull likes this