Mixing Of Family Stand

The loudest voice heard at the ground just now belongs to a female fan in the West Stand.

Loud - Extremely. Vocabulary - Limited to a stream of swear words usually preceded by or followed by Ref, Linesman or just You!.

I love the fact that she is there at every game. I love the fact that she is making a lot of noise. Great!

But

Clean up the language please.

The kids can hear it and you can express yourself to your hearts content - and that of the rest of us. 

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The loudest voice heard at the ground just now belongs to a female fan in the West Stand.

Loud - Extremely. Vocabulary - Limited to a stream of swear words usually preceded by or followed by Ref, Linesman or just You!.

I love the fact that she is there at every game. I love the fact that she is making a lot of noise. Great!

But

The kids can hear it and you can express yourself to your hearts content - and that of the rest of us. 

Please tell me it not the 2 that was sitting in W1 at the end of last season ?

41 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

But

Here we go again.  Those nasty, sweary, drinking St Mirren fans.

Guest TPAFKATS
We don't but will save a few pennies by having the catering lights and oven off [emoji38]

Cheers, the oven cost was the main one I wasn't sure about. Good deal for the caterer

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

But

Nedette 

4 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Am I missing the point that the club said the West Stand would be segregated for Cup matches? Surely if they aren't going to open the North Stand for the Airdrie game and given the history of hassle with Airdrie then they must be in the West Stand?

Put them in W4 

14 hours ago, woiiftm said:

Club please take note.

This was not a pleasant experience and I am not referring to our performance.

Responses were made in reaction to foul language to no avail.

Stewards on hearing foul language only looked in general direction, not able to identify specific culprits and not even moving from seat to signify it had been heard.

We will lose children and their parents from games as parents will not tolerate this.

Aggressive tone and manner of support made it very uncomfortable, particularly in West section, where we were well outnumbered and isolated amongst them as a result of free for all seating adopted by them.

This may be ok against teams like Spartans whose fans number in 10's, here we are talking over 100 vociferous, reactive fans.

My daughter even commented on how bad it was and that it felt threatening.

No more mixing of fans, use North stand or we'll lose kids and parents

What and Who matters most to this Club ?

I've also put this on official site in hope that someone with clout might see it and ensure there is no repetition.

well that is a sizeable minority of the saints support for you.  Some will say it is not representative

18 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I was sitting right behind her. A wee boy to her right, an equally sweary woman to his right.

18 hours ago, Kemp said:

Came across them once I'm sure, when taking in a cup game a couple of seasons ago. Didn't appear to be anything but sober. But the language was very intoxicating and aim mostly at our own players. 

Edited by pod

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Surely it isn't much to ask that fans can reign-in their swearing tourettes tendencies? I am not demanding all fans should sit on their hands, be stone cold sober and politely mutter 'play up Saints!'... but is there any need for constant foul language where your vocabulary cannot go more than five seconds without screaming 'fcuk', 'cnut' or associated un-necessary shoite?

At Tannadice last season, when they were allowed to score after a kung-fu assault on Mackenzie, I moved at half-time, to get away from three drunk St Mirren fans who piled into seats near me at a minute to kick-off, and with zero regard to those around them - especially kids and women, began a forty-five minute tirade of vile abuse. An embarrassment.

One of them is a well-kent face at home games. An utter, utter embarrasment. This will sadly not be unique to St Mirren, but some folk these days go to games tanked up on drink and/or drugs, and frankly, do not give a flying fcuk about anyone except themselves. Probably the types who rank the success of a night out purely on how much alcohol they managed to throw down their throat, then talk about it for days with mates as some sort of badge of honour - how rat-arsed and shit-faced they managed to get.

Edited by pozbaird

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Surely it isn't much to ask that fans can reign-in their swearing tourettes tendencies? I am not demanding all fans should sit on their hands, be stone cold sober and politely mutter 'play up Saints!'... but is there any need for constant foul language where your vocabulary cannot go more than five seconds without screaming 'fcuk', 'cnut' or associated un-necessary shoite?

At Tannadice last season, when they were allowed to score after a kung-fu assault on Mackenzie, I moved at half-time, to get away from three drunk St Mirren fans who piled into seats near me at a minute to kick-off, and with zero regard to those around them - especially kids and women, began a forty-five minute tirade of vile abuse. An embarrassment.

One of them is a well-kent face at home games. An utter, utter embarrasment. This will sadly not be unique to St Mirren, but some folk these days go to games tanked up on drink and/or drugs, and frankly, do not give a flying fcuk about anyone except themselves. Probably the types who rank the success of a night out purely on how much alcohol they managed to throw down their throat, then talk about it for days with mates as some sort of badge of honour - how rat-arsed and shit-faced they managed to get.

:thumbs2

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Couldn't agree more.

I'm sure when the children all go to school they maybe just maybe hear a wee bad word or 2. ffs oops it's a football game. Only saying.

Seriously, get in touch with the club if you are happy.

The woman that does all the shouting & swearing has had a ST in every section of the west stand I think but keeps getting moved through complaints [emoji6]

8 minutes ago, ged62 said:

I'm sure when the children all go to school they maybe just maybe hear a wee bad word or 2. ffs oops it's a football game. Only saying.

Seriously, get in touch with the club if you are happy.

The woman that does all the shouting & swearing has had a ST in every section of the west stand I think but keeps getting moved through complaints emoji6.png

Aye, schools will hear bad words but not a stream of foul mouthed abuse from drunken arseholes who have no respect for the anyone.

We're talking about a family section here.

There is no point in trying to explain this as some people get so blootered they have no respect for anyone, never mind children who many parents choose this are to minimise this sort of behaviour.

Hope this clears up the difference. :P

Edited by faraway saint

The recent posts on the behaviour of supporters seems to go over the heads of some that it's not simply the drinking, drug taking and constant foul mouthed language, it's that there's certain places that this sort of behaviour should not be seen as acceptable.

There is an argument that it's not acceptable anywhere but I'm trying to be realistic.

Public transport and family sections of football grounds are certainly not area this behaviour should be tolerated.

I took my 10 year old granddaughter to last seasons game at Dundee United...............she's decided she's not for going back. Yeah, she knows swearing goes on but not as a constant tirade.

There's been some defence that the "young team" are great for atmosphere but could just as easily be putting the future "young team"  and some "auld duffers" from attending in future.

Aye, schools will hear bad words but not a stream of foul mouthed abuse from drunken arseholes who have no respect for the anyone.
We're talking about a family section here.
There is no point in trying to explain this as some people get so blootered they have no respect for anyone, never mind children who many parents choose this are to minimise this sort of behaviour.
Hope this clears up the difference. [emoji14]

Were you at the game? Probably not, I also stated that they should contact the club if you care to take in everything I wrote. Anyway I do agree with the original post that the FAMILY STAND should be what it was set up for. If it was that bad where were the stewards? [emoji6]

Just now, ged62 said:

Were you at the game? Probably not, I also stated that they should contact the club if you care to take in everything I wrote. Anyway I do agree with the original post that the FAMILY STAND should be what it was set up for. If it was that bad where were the stewards? emoji6.png

This "were you at the game" is, yawn, totally irrelevant in this case. :blink:

You are 100% correct that the club/stewards should be taking action and people who WERE at he game should, indeed complain.