Mixing Of Family Stand

"If we achieve 1000 Adult/Concession season ticket holders in the West stand, the Club would guarantee that the whole stand will be for St Mirren fans, with the exception of Cup games, where it may need to be segregated."

Copied from the Season Ticket sales page on the Official site. There have been more U turns Gordon Scott is going to have to be fitted with reversing sensors

15 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Easy solution, the BOD made a promise about the west stand and they have to stick to it. Open the away stand and pay for the extra staff...simple. No way should the family stand have away supporters in it, bad idea.

It was a strange one as the promise said that this may exclude some cup games. No mention of papping the away fans into the family stand. 

Agree though, north stand for away fans. 

The last place any away fans should be is the family stand. Immaterial to whatever team it is you'll always have a few gobby drunken idiots in amongst them. Put them in away stand that's why we have it

Can we still call it the away stand if it doesn't house away fans?

1 hour ago, BIG BEN said:

To be fair though, if the team had shown the same passion as they two, we'd have won

Stick them in with the away fans, their opinion about our players are the same. 

Edited by pod

1 hour ago, BIG BEN said:

Can we still call it the away stand if it doesn't house away fans?

My wee fella built SMP on mine craft and changed colour seats to display St Mirren FC etc. 

For the away end had the seats coloured to display "spare stand" because it wasn't used all the time. 

Actually was "spair stand" but I got what he meant. 

Edited by davidg

On 19/07/2017 at 0:46 PM, St.Ricky said:

The loudest voice heard at the ground just now belongs to a female fan in the West Stand.

Loud - Extremely. Vocabulary - Limited to a stream of swear words usually preceded by or followed by Ref, Linesman or just You!.

I love the fact that she is there at every game. I love the fact that she is making a lot of noise. Great!

But

Clean up the language please.

The kids can hear it and you can express yourself to your hearts content - and that of the rest of us. 

She goes with her daughter and her kid. If memory serves me right she was moved from her seat in the old stadium and warned about her language. Her sister used to go with them.

Why didn't they just segregate the Livi fans in the family stand?

I know they would have had to share toilet and catering facilities, etc, but couldn't they have at least just stuck them over in a section of seats at one of the ends of the stand with a dedicated turnstyle?

That way they wouldn't have been mixed during the game and there wouldn't really have been a problem?

16 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Why didn't they just segregate the Livi fans in the family stand?

I know they would have had to share toilet and catering facilities, etc, but couldn't they have at least just stuck them over in a section of seats at one of the ends of the stand with a dedicated turnstyle?

That way they wouldn't have been mixed during the game and there wouldn't really have been a problem?

Why should we have to move when there is a dedicated away section in West stand for cup games not to mention us having an actual away stand?

You then open up the discussion regarding what point there is in being allowed to purchase your own season ticket seat for the season when you're only going to be forced to move elsewhere!

On 19 July 2017 at 0:46 PM, St.Ricky said:

The loudest voice heard at the ground just now belongs to a female fan in the West Stand.

Loud - Extremely. Vocabulary - Limited to a stream of swear words usually preceded by or followed by Ref, Linesman or just You!.

I love the fact that she is there at every game. I love the fact that she is making a lot of noise. Great!

But

Clean up the language please.

The kids can hear it and you can express yourself to your hearts content - and that of the rest of us.

It will be a cold day in hell, the day we eradicate swearing from football matches.

I have taken all three of my daughters to St. Mirren games over the years and have never had an issue with them being exposed to bad language. I've never brought them up to think that "bad" things don't exist, more that they recognise what is unacceptable and don't do it themselves (well, not in front of me anyway). In fact it has been quite comical seeing how they react to these situations. I actually remember vividly the first game I took my middle daughter to. It was a first division game at home to Clyde. We won 2-1 (I think Alan Russell scored both our goals). We were in the PDE stand which I'm sure was effectively the family stand at the time. I'm pretty sure we went 1-0 down in that match and a particularly "colourful" tirade was launched from the row right behind us, which included some player of ref being told he would be seen next Tuesday. My daughter (who was probably about 7 I guess) and I turned to each other in unison. I expected horror on her face, but instead I was greeted by a slightly sheepish giggle. I simply said to her "You know that's naughty yeah?". She nodded and we went about her business.

I'm all for the moderation of certain behaviours that have been discussed over the last week, but the day that football is sanitised to a level where people aren't allowed to swear, is the day I'll chuck it.

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It will be a cold day in hell, the day we eradicate swearing from football matches.

I have taken all three of my daughters to St. Mirren games over the years and have never had an issue with them being exposed to bad language. I've never brought them up to think that "bad" things don't exist, more that they recognise what is unacceptable and don't do it themselves (well, not in front of me anyway). In fact it has been quite comical seeing how they react to these situations. I actually remember vividly the first game I took my middle daughter to. It was a first division game at home to Clyde. We won 2-1 (I think Alan Russell scored both our goals). We were in the PDE stand which I'm sure was effectively the family stand at the time. I'm pretty sure we went 1-0 down in that match and a particularly "colourful" tirade was launched from the row right behind us, which included some player of ref being told he would be seen next Tuesday. My daughter (who was probably about 7 I guess) and I turned to each other in unison. I expected horror on her face, but instead I was greeted by a slightly sheepish giggle. I simply said to her "You know that's naughty yeah?". She nodded and we went about her business.

I'm all for the moderation of certain behaviours that have been discussed over the last week, but the day that football is sanitised to a level where people aren't allowed to swear, is the day I'll chuck it.

In certain areas is what is being discussed here.

What you described about your daughter was some time ago, times have changed and it's not acceptable to many these days.

If you don't agree......................:byebye

Edited by faraway saint

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

In certain areas is what is being discussed here.

What you described about your daughter was some time ago, times have changed and it's not acceptable to many these days.

If you don't agree......................:byebye

Obviously it's not acceptable to many FS. That is clear from this thread alone.

As ever, I'm only giving my opinion.

As for times changing, in the (VERY) unlikely event of me having another child, my views on how to bring them up certainly wouldn't change. If I didn't want my kid to hear swear words, I wouldn't take them to a fitba match. I just happen to believe that there are worse things in the world than your child hearing swear words (that they've probably heard a hundred times before anyway). It's just my personal view, but I think this sort of attitude says more about the parent's inability to handle or deal with this situation, than it does about the effect on the child.

On the way to a Match in the 1990's, my daughter aged 6 at the time burst into song... 

BARCELONA , REAL MADRID, WHO THE FECK ARE YOU TRYING TO KID.... 

I was horrified, she just smirked and carried on singing.