Partick V St Mirren 22/7/17

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not so sure mate, there's not a great deal to suggest we can turn them over.

One of my Everton supporting mates did say he thinks we're better away from home so who knows.

We'll see about 4:50 today. :rolleyes:

I checked us yesterday and we were 3/1 then 16/5, we are getting better odds as it gets closer to the game.

7/2 is worth a tenner mate, I hope :)

A Partick Thistle supporting colleague of mine from work says that they are playing terrible and that they have not replaced the quality of players lost over close season (I've no idea who they are :D). He also knows a Livingston fan who says that we were better against them than thistle.

So while I am going to be P/T fan today and watch on the telly (for reasons beyond being a tight b*st*rd), I fully expect victory and will be nipping on to Paddy Power to turn my conviction into cash.

COYS!

Our slim hopes of getting through rely on us winning our last 2 games. That would leave us on 9 points, which is what we went out with last year, but it would give us a chance.

No point in fannying about here then. Draw's no good. If we aren't winning in the final stages we need to be throwing bodies forward to get the victory.

Thistle are obviously a better team than us and will probably win. If we play anything like we did on Tuesday we will get turned over.

I'd get Baird in for Buchanan, Sutton in for Reilly and O'Keefe in for Stewart. No chance they could do any worse than those 3 did during the week.

Will go for a futile 1-1 and us to lose on penalties.

4 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

A Partick Thistle supporting colleague of mine from work says that they are playing terrible and that they have not replaced the quality of players lost over close season (I've no idea who they are :D). He also knows a Livingston fan who says that we were better against them than thistle.

So while I am going to be P/T fan today and watch on the telly (for reasons beyond being a tight b*st*rd), I fully expect victory and will be nipping on to Paddy Power to turn my conviction into cash.

COYS!

Is he their version of elvis?  :lol:

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Still all to play for in Group H

POS TEAM PLD GD PTS
1   Livingston 2 1 5
2   St Mirren 2 2 3
3   Airdrieonians 1 2 3
4   Partick Thistle 1 0 1
5   Stranraer 2 -5 0S

Agree with this Ricky.

I was very downbeat after Tuesday night on the train home but now, after some reflection, it certainly isn't over.

A wee victory for Airdrieonians today, along with a heroic victory for us at Firhill, would bring a small chance of winning the group back onto the table.

Of course, I always have been a happy clapper... :clapping

Edited by southsidebud

3 hours ago, southsidebud said:

COYS!

They certainly seem beatable. 

Played 23......Won......7    Drawn.....5   Lost.....11

StandingsSCOTLAND: Betfred Cup
  15.07. 15:00 Livingston                                                 Partick

..........................................2:1

WORLD: Club Friendly
  11.07. 19:45 Dumbarton (Sco) Partick (Sco) 2 : 1    
  StandingsSCOTLAND: Premiership - Championship Group
  21.05. 12:30 Partick Aberdeen 0 : 6    
  18.05. 19:45 Partick Celtic 0 : 5    
  13.05. 15:00 St. Johnstone Partick 1 : 0    
  07.05. 12:15 Partick Rangers 1 : 2    
  29.04. 15:00 Hearts Partick  2 : 2    
  StandingsSCOTLAND: Premiership
  15.04. 15:00 Rangers Partick 2 : 0    
  08.04. 15:00 Partick Motherwell 1 : 0