Partick V St Mirren 22/7/17

Absolutely abysmal performance today from everyone out there, no exemptions. Hopeless from start to finish, thistle strolled that game with far to much ease, barely had to get out of first gear all afternoon. The players and Jack really have a lot to answer for after that! The most embarrassing performance since jack took over by a long way

You'll love it.  Briliant, right from the start.   Gripping and intense.
three different time frames .  The Tommy over a week, the wee boats a day, the spirited over an hour..  And the tension all comes together at the end.

very little dialogue early on but you still easily know what's occurring.

Thanks for the review. Says it all about our "football" today when we're talking about that

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

Men against boys. Like thensummer of beith all over again. A lot of pish on display today.

That's exactly the phrase I was thinking - the summer of 'Beath. Has Jack merely signed quantity with scant quality? Guess the litmus test will be Falkirk at home in the league. If that game goes any way like today's game did - men against boys, then we're in big trouble. Until such times, jury remains out, awaiting new evidence.

It does look like Jack inherited a squad that had no balance and lacked players with a winning mentality. He sorted that in the January window yet seems to have undone a lot of the good work with some of these summer signings, as they just don't look anywhere near good enough. We are at least 3 or 4 class players short of being a decent team and that's on the assumption that Morgan, McGinn, Stelios, MacKenzie and Samson discover some form. Very worrying start.

Poor, poor performance, especially from the defence. How can Baird and Mackenzie, who were so good in the second half of last season, be so poor now? Midfield almost non-existent today. Where were McGinn and McShane? Team as a whole didn't seem to be up for a challenge.

The summer signings must be questioned. Only Samson and McShane seem to have some pedigree. Others all came from leagues or teams below us. We expected that they could step up to the Championship, but so far, that doesn't seem to be the case. We badly need Stelios, Magennis and Davies back.

Looks like a long season ahead!

COYS!

Sorry mate, but you need called out for posting this. Unacceptable from a so-called fan...OK, fair enough, you didn't go to the game, but Silverburn? M&S in Braehead are doing a better deal on school wear just now.

Saving my brownie points for the big relegation battle that beckons. [emoji41] Was genuinely saving them up so I could go to Airdrie and East Kilbride cup games.

5-0 in any competitive game is a sore one. All the good aspects of the last 10 games or so of last season seem to be missing so far in the build up to the new season.

Early days but Jack ROSS must be concerned with showing in Dundee, Ross County, Livingston and now Thistle games.

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

It does look like Jack inherited a squad that had no balance and lacked players with a winning mentality. He sorted that in the January window yet seems to have undone a lot of the good work with some of these summer signings, as they just don't look anywhere near good enough. We are at least 3 or 4 class players short of being a decent team and that's on the assumption that Morgan, McGinn, Stelios, MacKenzie and Samson discover some form. Very worrying start.

No excuse for the lack of desire shown today.

4 minutes ago, Hoof Hearted said:

have a look in the mirror dopey!

You can call me anything you want you clown but I stick by my opinion this is the worst team I have ever seen in 45 years of watching St Mirren. 

Surprised and hugely disappointed with that.

I'd much rather get the early season issues addressed in this cup prior to the league starting though.

These 3 games so far have thrown up more questions than answers and rather that in these cup games.

No overreaction needed ( he says hopefully)

1 minute ago, Jimmy H said:

I bet you knocked one out thinking about it.

He seems upset about us losing like the rest of us.

What makes you think he's happy ?

He's a realist

Summary. First half. First few minutes. Started brightly. Thistle looked nervous. Thistle score. (Offside). We concede a second as ref gets in the way of two defenders in the  box. Two more goals. Both good from a now confident Thistle.  Second half more even but still no cutting edge. Concede a goal when pressing against 10 men. Credit to Thistle. Pressed and made a chance or two with at least one excellent save by their keeper. Good enough? No.

54 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Thistle brilliant in the first half but we looked totally disinterested. No heart, fight or leadership.

Thistle knocked the ball about nicely but they were hardly "brilliant".

12 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

I bet you knocked one out thinking about it.

Your another clown what the f**k is it Yous don't get are you happy watching utter shite year after year because it depresses the f**k out of me I just don't know how any sane person can be happy with this. 

4 minutes ago, bender rodriguez said:

3 games into season and Elvis says worst team he has seen in 45 years  lol

Think it equals the biggest defeat to Thistle in our history , we lost by the same score in a meaningless end of season game 39 years ago ! Whatever way you look at it , it's a serious setback to what was looking like a promising season. Players aren't good enough !

38 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

As Drew said I can take defeat but that was appalling 

No shape ,players looked as if they had never met.

I'm devastated and if you play small players up front you neeed to pass through midfield and ours is non existent 

What I deplore is the glee of some so called fans on here,it makes me sick.

Who is happy  and gleeful ?