Partick V St Mirren 22/7/17

5 hours ago, elvis said:

Your another clown what the f**k is it Yous don't get are you happy watching utter shite year after year because it depresses the f**k out of me I just don't know how any sane person can be happy with this. 

Yous?? whitnatno ya fuckin black neck ned

3 hours ago, Jimmy H said:

Who said I'm happy?, But for you to say it's the worst side in 45 years is utterly ridiculous.

You've never got anything positive to say, you're the fecking clown as well as a troll, now feck off or PM me if you want to keep this discussion going.

he'll only give it the "do you know who I am" pish, he's a legend in his own lunch time.:lol:

Have you heard of mcdowall street? :lol::lol:

Having grudgingly watched the game back on BT, (skipped some parts)

We were VERY poor at the back. Changing the keeper and centre half from last week seemed to have a confusing impact on the defence, they didn't know how to work together. Baird was caught out of position a lot, attempting to cover for full backs who had drifted or ball watched. As mentioned, Whyte looked very weak, Gary Irvine cannot play left** back, really evident that it's not his natural side. Gary Mac held his position better than Baird, but still guilty of a few errors. In fairness, Partick's attacking movement was good.

As for the midfield... where to start? McGinn pick of the bunch, but don't see McShane as the right guy to play with him, they're too similar. Really missing Magennis. I've never seen Morgan have a good game on the right wing, much better on the left. Cammy didn't do a lot today. 

Reilly seems to be content with chasing lost causes. When he's in a good position, he seems to want to cut back a lot. Perhaps needs someone to link up with? Ross Stewart (striker) isn't good enough for our level. Fitzpatrick also looks out of his depth. 

As someone else said, we had an unbalanced team under Rae. We fixed the balance in January - now unbalanced again. Haven't replaced Mallan - we need a good centre mid pronto. Could really use a genuine right winger, and I would be starting Sutton instead of Reilly. To be brutally honest, I don't think Reilly could lace Rory Loy's boots. 

Edited by Doakes

I wasn't at the game and haven't watched it for obvious reasons. It's a disappointing start, of that there is no doubt, especially as we finished the season playing a brand of football that had us all excited.

Here's the thing though. We're 4 players short of that team right now (Loy, Mallan, Eckersley and Magennis) who would all start for any team in our league and a few in the Premiership. They've all been big losses and young Kyle's absence in particular has impacted both Smith and Morgan as they've both been shuffled around as a result.

The good news is two of them will be back soon and we're actively trying to replace Loy with, hopefully, a player of equal quality.

Mallan's presence just won't be replaced by McShane though. He might turn out to be a decent player for us but we have a creative and goal scoring void to fill and it won't be easy.

Still early days though.

Well, pumped, a shambles at the back, a team with 10 players for a decent part of the game and Ross is, to some, untouchable?

Yeah, it's still early but we've beaten Stranraer, :lol: lost at home to Livingstone and been destroyed by an average premiership team.

The feel good from the last half of last season is diminishing fast.

The excuses are running out when the previous manager was given next to nothing and the positon of the club is looking very precarious.

Aye, the league hasn't started but if any still believe we will magically transform into potential league winner then it's time for a realty check.

As we stand, losing important players and replacing them with sub standard players, we will be, like last season, struggle to be anything more than fodder.

I don't totally blame the manager but he, obviously, has part to play which will hurt a section of our support. :rolleyes:

Early days but to ignore our current form is foolish.

34 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Jack Ross joining Alex Ferguson in managing 0-5 defeats at Firhill.

Yes , but under Fergie we demolished Celtic three days later .Fergie was the master of re-motivation , arse -booting etc  Jacko's got a long way to go !

15 hours ago, Eaglesham saint said:

As Drew said I can take defeat but that was appalling 

No shape ,players looked as if they had never met.

I'm devastated and if you play small players up front you neeed to pass through midfield and ours is non existent 

What I deplore is the glee of some so called fans on here,it makes me sick.

We are all supporters whether we go  to games, stay at home, be on the Matchday Thread or even like some who feck off home or feck off to Pub before half time.

Every one of us is a St Mirren Supporter

9 hours ago, Hoof Hearted said:

he'll only give it the "do you know who I am" pish, he's a legend in his own lunch time.:lol:

Have you heard of mcdowall street? :lol::lol:

McDowall St, FFS. I better watch my back :lol: I might need to bring some of my old Feegie Young Team out of the woodwork for hauners :lol:

Edited by Jimmy H

9 hours ago, elvis said:

You are such a dick. 

Well, you should know what a dick is OK. Look in the mirror. I've been a St.Mirren fan for more than 60 years and there have  always been more bad days than good. It goes with the territory. You clearly can't take the heat so why don't you do most of us a favour and get the hell out of the kitchen. Your non-stop vituperation is tedious to the bulk of guys in the forum. Did your granny never tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, then you should shut the f**k up?

If it's any consolation to you, the original Elvis was off his head too. But at least he was a pretty good chanter.

Just watched Jack's post-match interview. To be fair to him, he gave his usual honest assessment of the game. Accepted his share of the responsibility (picking the team, motivating the players and setting out tactics) and pointed out that players are accountable for playing with desire and intensity.

Again, I wonder how players who have shown ability elsewhere can play so poorly for a manager whose character, ability and enthusiasm, many said when they arrived, played such a big part in their decision to sign for the club. Maybe it's just too big a step up for some who played yesterday. Hopefully, Jack and James can turn things around when the injured and suspended players (Stelios, Todd, Magennis, Hilson) return to the side.

49 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yes , but under Fergie we demolished Celtic three days later .Fergie was the master of re-motivation , arse -booting etc  Jacko's got a long way to go !

To be fair to JR, he also has some currency when it comes to "re-motivating" and masterminding a change in fortunes. Soon forgotten though....

1 minute ago, Julian Banjos said:

To be fair to JR, he also has some currency when it comes to "re-motivating" and masterminding a change in fortunes. Soon forgotten though....

Absolutely , like when Smith won us the cup and was gone less than a year later after a 6-0 defeat. If things ain't right , no-one is safe !

6 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Unacceptable performance. Early days, etc but that kind of performance will never be acceptable!

Badly lacking up front, Reilly doesn't offer enough, imo.

Hopefully Jack can get this sorted & quickly!!

The Reilly one man up front shape will never work , because A. He isn't hard-working or quick enough and B. We don't have good enough players to supply him .

In his post match interview Ross runs through a number of factors that influenced getting humped yesterday, but then said "i am not using them as excuses"... hmmm...

in thar extensive list of excuses he said he wasnt going to use he mentioned unexpected upheaval in the backnroom staff! Is he referring to the kit man moving on..?

To be fair he never used the excuse of Thistle going down to ten men as an "unexpected upheaval" though.

It was very much men against boys , we were bullied all over the park , Thistle looked not a bad outfit , but we made it too easy for them , we won't be playing teams of that calibre in the Championship this season . We do however need to improve and play to a decent shape . We which means Morgan on the left wing , a right footed player on the right side of midfield , and two strikers that look liked they've played together linking up front . 

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

I still think Morgan's for the off soon Griff , don't like the body-language !

I think the same if whoever was interested previously puts an improved bid in. Then we will be fielding a swathe of ex part time, lower league recruits and hoping that they improve as the season drags on.

question is where has the £400-£500k generated from the sales of McAllister, Naismith and Mallan been/being invested..?

Edited by Lord Pityme