Partick V St Mirren 22/7/17

We are all supporters whether we go  to games, stay at home, be on the Matchday Thread or even like some who feck off home or feck off to Pub before half time.
Every one of us is a St Mirren Supporter

No we are not.

Fans and "supporters" are very diferent beasts.

We are all St Mirren fans.

28 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

It was very much men against boys , we were bullied all over the park , Thistle looked not a bad outfit , but we made it too easy for them , we won't be playing teams of that calibre in the Championship this season . We do however need to improve and play to a decent shape . We which means Morgan on the left wing , a right footed player on the right side of midfield , and two strikers that look liked they've played together linking up front . 

We never got near enough to them to get bullied.

Yesterday was the partick. perfect storm. They put eleven footballers out, we were sh!te. Pure and simple. Not one of our starting eleven looked remotely interested. o'Keefe look reasonable when he came on and I'm for cutting Irvine some slack given he was shoved out to his wrong side again. but if that is the level of performance, and I use that word almost sarcastically, we are going to produce then we will be in deep sh1t.

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think the same if whoever was interested previously puts an improved bid in. Then we will be fielding a swathe of ex part time, lower league recruits and hoping that they improve as the season drags on.

question is where has the £400-£500k generated from the sales of McAllister, Naismith and Mallan been/being invested..?

Rainy day fund?

Joking apart, what have we actually spent on new players?

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Smith HAD to go!
I was goingto see Arthurlie for a season had he stayed. It was beyond dire.

Not arguing with that , just trying to highlight that because someone has done well , doesn't mean they can't be held to account for their mistakes !

Only Magennis is an automatic first pick , squad is bulging with nearly men I'm afraid !

Billy, are you basing this on the last few games only?

Surely the back four of Irvine, Eckersley, McKenzie and Baird did enough to suggest they are capable of being defensively solid at Championship level over the last three months of last season. McKenzie and Eckersley would start for any team in our league IMO.

In midfield, you don't think that McGinn, Morgan and Smith are starters at this level? Really? Again, which team wouldn't take them?

Now I'll give you that up front is a bit of a shambles right now and needs sorted but to say we've only got one automatic pick in our squad seems like a bit of an overreaction to a couple of bad results.

On reflection of yesterday's game I think Reilly is getting quite a lot of excessive criticism that's undeserved. He was left isolated yesterday, I could see that, the BT commentary team could see that, yet some on here seem to be willing to hammer the lad just because it isn't Loy that's playing upfront.

I don't get to see many games so perhaps he's been poor in others, but as some posters have pointed out, I think a lot of these cup games have had to be treated with an element of "pre-season games" due to the number of injuries we've had.

That of course does not excuse the lack of desire from yesterday and I think Ross addressed that in his interview and it is down to him to rectify.

Also thought young Whyte came onto a game second half (albeit already humped) and I thought big Ross Stewart did well when he came on. Don't think the other Ross Stewart could really be blamed for any of the goals.

P.s. Prefer to post my match comments here than in the TopCat fuddery thread [emoji849]

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

Billy, are you basing this on the last few games only?

Surely the back four of Irvine, Eckersley, McKenzie and Baird did enough to suggest they are capable of being defensively solid at Championship level over the last three months of last season. McKenzie and Eckersley would start for any team in our league IMO.

In midfield, you don't think that McGinn, Morgan and Smith are starters at this level? Really?

Now I'll give you that up front is a bit of a shambles right now and needs sorted but to say we've only got one automatic pick in our squad seems like a bit of an overreaction to a couple of bad results.

I was referring to the post above mine , when four injured players were mentioned and Magennis was the only automatic starter of the four !

Guest TPAFKATS

A poor result and a poor performance but there is a whole lot of knicker-wetting going on.
Livingston result and performance was worse in my view.

38 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

No we are not.

Fans and "supporters" are very diferent beasts.

We are all St Mirren fans.

We are all fans, supporters, likers and deep lovers of St Mirren Football Club. 

Disagree with the above and Mr Unoriginal FTOF will adore your post. :lol:

We are all fans, supporters, likers and deep lovers of St Mirren Football Club. 
Disagree with the above and Mr Unoriginal FTOF will adore your post. [emoji38]

Your reverse psychology won't work.

A very brief look at this forum will conclusively prove that many fans are often not supporters!

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

A very brief look at this forum will conclusively prove that many fans are often not supporters!

Good to see the chief attention seeking bore is annoyed every time I like a post he doesn't.

All it takes is the press of a key.:lol:

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

errrr... he didn't and you are right... it is not.

... he was forced to play on the left due to the injury to Eckersley and suspension of Stelios!

Meant to say left, he's ok on the right! Fixed now

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm actually more concerned about the performances of those who did so well at the tail end of last season. They don't look interested at all at the moment. We can only hope this changes when the real league starts.

I have a feeling it will.

Last two games will have been a wake uo call, surely. I think we'll see a different attitude entirely. I'm not suggesting that this is how it should be, but I have a hunch that things will be turned around.

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Good to see the chief attention seeking bore is annoyed every time I like a post he doesn't.

All it takes is the press of a key.:lol:

Aye, I sound upset. 

Just funny you add nothing to a Forum apart from pressing a LIKE button. 

36 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

When it boils down to it, they will get to a Match, pay in and support their Team. 

Maybe only once or twice a Season, maybe every match. 

Still St Mirren supporters, no matter what pish is posted on here. 

We need the players who were there last year, Morgan, Smith, Mcginn, McKenzie, Irvine, Stelios to get back to the level they were playing at last season. Once that happens the new guys will respond to that and will perhaps settle in a bit better. Without those 5 plus the ones like magennis and eckersley, who are out at the minute, not performing to to levels they should be then the new players will never be able to find their feet because the team will continue to be overrun. There seems to be a lack of fight at the minute. Whether that's because its the cup early in the season or some other reason I don't know but this has to change! We took celtic on at parkhead for 60 mins with most of the above mentioned players in the team!

2 hours ago, Mearns Saint said:

On reflection of yesterday's game I think Reilly is getting quite a lot of excessive criticism that's undeserved. He was left isolated yesterday, I could see that, the BT commentary team could see that, yet some on here seem to be willing to hammer the lad just because it isn't Loy that's playing upfront.

I don't get to see many games so perhaps he's been poor in others, but as some posters have pointed out, I think a lot of these cup games have had to be treated with an element of "pre-season games" due to the number of injuries we've had.

That of course does not excuse the lack of desire from yesterday and I think Ross addressed that in his interview and it is down to him to rectify.

Also thought young Whyte came onto a game second half (albeit already humped) and I thought big Ross Stewart did well when he came on. Don't think the other Ross Stewart could really be blamed for any of the goals.

P.s. Prefer to post my match comments here than in the TopCat fuddery thread emoji849.png

Agree that Reilly was left isolated. However, he snatched at one real good chance, and a couple of times turned back on himself when in a good position.

needs to be more clinical. Like, well, Rory Loy...

Agree that Reilly was left isolated. However, he snatched at one real good chance, and a couple of times turned back on himself when in a good position.

I've not seen enough of Reilly yet to say whether or not he will be a better player than Loy, partly down to the players around him being honking that last couple of games and it mostly being pre-season. I would like to have had Loy back along with Reilly but Loy wasnt exactly prolific when he was with us.

I'm happy to wait until we've been through a few league games before judging.

14 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I think it's a confidence issue as well. A few times in both games there have been times where he just needed to have a go and instead took an extra touch, or turned away from goal like you said. He needs to just have a go.