Harry

35 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Too early to judge new players Norrie as some will need a bit more time to adjust to a step up in pace and quality of game/opponent. I agree we need another striker and right back.

Not disagreeing bud but we said similar this time last season and by the time we realized the players weren't cutting it, the window had closed and it took a massive January clear out and a miracle to keep us up.

The difference this season is we have a better manager so I don't that happening again but the squad still needs a bit of quality added if we plan to challenge.

6 hours ago, John Gotti said:

Not disagreeing bud but we said similar this time last season and by the time we realized the players weren't cutting it, the window had closed and it took a massive January clear out and a miracle to keep us up.

The difference this season is we have a better manager so I don't that happening again but the squad still needs a bit of quality added if we plan to challenge.

God not again, what have you done? You've said at least 3 phrases there to trigger the Lord Pity Me alarm. :lol:

Squad lacks quality.  It's all about putting the ball in the net and out of the so called favourites we are the only team who do not have a striker that will score regular.  I genuinely felt that this season we would be challenging but after seeing Some of the players brought in I'm not sure.  I hope they bed in but I have doubts about them.  We won't spend the cash so we won't get the striker. If we can't find one then I'd imagine we won't go down but that a mid table finish should follow 

We have a striker in Reilly who scored for fun in this division with QoS. Difficult season with the Pars last season but he is capable. Give him and others more of a chance to settle

We will also add more quality - I've no doubt of that.

Regardless of who JR & JF have brought in, they obviously believe those individuals are more than capable of doing a job for St Mirren. Those individuals need time to bed in to be part of a team that'll hopefully improve each week. It's far too early to start criticising either the players and or the management team after only a few games. I was at the Livingston game last week and was obviously disappointed in the result, but some on here need to calm down, at least until we've gone through the first round of league games and see where we are then.

37 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Regardless of who JR & JF have brought in, they obviously believe those individuals are more than capable of doing a job for St Mirren. Those individuals need time to bed in to be part of a team that'll hopefully improve each week. It's far too early to start criticising either the players and or the management team after only a few games. I was at the Livingston game last week and was obviously disappointed in the result, but some on here need to calm down, at least until we've gone through the first round of league games and see where we are then.

Makes sense to me. We have a testing start to the season in the first 4 or 5 league games and the transfer window doesn't close until the end of august.

I believe in JR and in what he's trying to do.  I think the weight of being 2nd/3rd FAVS in the League is playing on our minds. We have lost vital players who were very important for the run in we had last season.  ( Mallan, Loy and all be it temporarily Magennis ) this is bound to have an affect on the players who are still there.  

Let the new players settle in, lets not panic but most important of all lets get behind the players who do turn out each game with the belief and gusto that we as fans showed to a man/woman like we did for last seasons run in.

COYS!!!!