Harry

20 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Remember Darren McGregor had injuries to both knees and he came back and is still rated as an excellent defender. 

Could LP paint a bleaker picture. My God imagine sitting next to him on a 12 hour flight you would end up cutting your wrists.

Good signing, of that there is no doubt, and he'll hopefully be back by the end of the month, however, McKenzie and Baird formed a decent partnership in Harry's absence last year and I'm comfortable with that in the coming weeks. They played for 8 games and we only conceded 10 goals in that spell so defensively we were decent. Baird will do ok in the short term.

Indeed what a star as he returns to the top league after years in the doldrums. 

He didn't say he was a star. He said he was rated as an excellent defender. Any time I've seen him he's been a cut above anyone in the Championship and would likely walk into most SPL teams.

Just now, DLBud said:

Good signing, of that there is no doubt, and he'll hopefully be back by the end of the month, however, McKenzie and Baird formed a decent partnership in Harry's absence last year and I'm comfortable with that in he coming weeks. They played for 8 games and we only conceded 10 goals in that spell so defensively we were decent. Baird will do ok in the short term.

That's 45 goals in 36 games, that wont get us anywhere, I think goals hurt us last year even in our run..... Delighted we have two quality CHs, something I haven't said for years...........

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Dislocated knee is different from a broken leg

As is signing a fit player before the season starts, as opposed to a crocked one after your competitive games are underway. You wont find many clubs making a crocked player their biggest earner, generally they want players to pass the medical before signing.

Unlike some others on here, I don't think we need to get too carried away(either for or against) about this signing. In the games he played last season, Harry showed that he was well up to the standard of football required in the Scottish Championship. Unfortunately that spell was cut short by injury so we will see if he can resume that form on his recovery. I see no reason to think that he won't. As for signing a player who is injured, I think his form last season makes him worth that gamble. We should welcome him back as someone who contributed a fair bit to our late-season success last year, someone who appears to have a lot to offer the team and someone who, according to his comments on the Buddies website, seems to want to be here.

Maybe it just me and one or two others, but doesnt the phrase used on here, and by our esteemed manager not make you think WTF..?

"he is only signing for us because he's not fit"

he'll soon have a five-a-side fantasy team up and running with Quinn and Clarkson!

This just in.... Harry signs on the dotted line...

IMG_1502.JPG

Edited by Lord Pityme

That's 45 goals in 36 games, that wont get us anywhere

Whit?

We won 4, drew 3 and lost 1 of those games. Following your logic that would get us 68 points which would have been good enough for 2nd place last year, 4th the year before that and 3rd in 2014/15.

But the reality is that we actually only played 8 games, conceded 10 goals and accumulated 15 points. The rest of the "whatiffery" is pure bollocks.

McKenzie and Baird will be ok.

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

As is signing a fit player before the season starts, as opposed to a crocked one after your competitive games are underway. You wont find many clubs making a crocked player their biggest earner, generally they want players to pass the medical before signing.

Go on tell us what Harry is on. Fail to see what you get out of supporting Saints everything you write seems to reflect a negative out look to the club. Understand we all can't be happy clappers and have concerns but post after post from yourself reflects the negative side of all subjects you post in. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Go on tell us what Harry is on. Fail to see what you get out of supporting Saints everything you write seems to reflect a negative out look to the club. Understand we all can't be happy clappers and have concerns but post after post from yourself reflects the negative side of all subjects you post in. 

Why is it my negative when the club knowingly signs an injured player on by their admission more money than we can normally afford..?

that is undeniable, and confirmed by the club facts!

i hope he can get fit and play asap as i have been at pains to concur he is good at this level, but ffs we could have signed an equally as good FIT player for the same money who would be starting on Saturday.

Ach maybe I am being negative suggesting we sign only players fit enough to pass the medical, i mean Rocco has been a revelation... hasnt he..?

Edited by Lord Pityme

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why is it my negative when the club knowingly signs an injured player on by their admission more money than we can normally afford..?

i hope he can get fit and play asap as i have been at pains to concur he is good at this level, but ffs we could have signed an equally as good FIT player for the same money who would be starting on Saturday.

Ach maybe I am being negative suggesting we sign only players fit enough to pass the medical, i mean Rocco has been a revelation... hasnt he..?

Can we have your list of "equally as good FIT players" that we could have signed?

Would you have preferred we had saved a month's dead wages and lost him to a better club once he is fit?

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just read today's items on the signing on the OS and can see nothing to confirm this - if I've missed something where the club confirms this then could you point me to it.

Edited by Bud the Baker

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Have not seen anything regarding Harry's salary to be honest. It's quite obvious he is a class player when fit personaly I don't have a problem with him being the highest earner he will make a huge difference to our back line. Now if Jack can find another striker and midfield player we could be laughing all the way to the title :)

41 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe it just me and one or two others, but doesnt the phrase used on here, and by our esteemed manager not make you think WTF..?

"he is only signing for us because he's not fit"

he'll soon have a five-a-side fantasy team up and running with Quinn and Clarkson!

This just in.... Harry signs on the dotted line...

IMG_1502.JPG

Clarkson?

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Can we have your list of "equally as good FIT players" that we could have signed?

Would you have preferred we had saved a month's dead wages and lost him to a better club once he is fit?

I would have preferred a deal whereby we gave him rehab and training until fit, then backdated his wages on passing medical to day one of rehab. That to someone who has employed thousands of people makes more sense, and eliminates most risk.

Its on the official site, Harry signed today as expected.

So, as usual, you've posited your opinion as some sort of fact with nothing to back it up.

Fair enough, you want to criticise the club for signing a player who can't contribute immediately. That's your prerogative but as the season lasts 10 months I think it a bit shortsighted. I'd like to think if there were any doubts he'd be back playing soon we wouldn't have signed him so not sure what the issue is?

That being said you've absolutely no idea what he's earning and how that compares to other senior pros in the squad so I'm not sure how you can have an opinion on that at all?

Just now, DLBud said:

So, as usual, you've posited your opinion as some sort of fact with nothing to back it up.

Fair enough, you want to criticise the club for signing a player who can't contribute immediately. That's your prerogative but as the season lasts 10 months I think it a bit shortsighted. I'd like to think if there were any doubts he'd be back playing soon we wouldn't have signed him so not sure what the issue is?

That being said you've absolutely no idea what he's earning and how that compares to other senior pros in the squad so I'm not sure how you can have an opinion on that at all?

Again i refer you to interviews with Ross on SMTV where he confirmed we wouldnt be able to afford him if he was fit.