Harry

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

After what game as I listen to all interviews and can't recall the comment. ? will go through this seasons on youtube.

Think what LPM is referring to is interviews where Jack said he had no budget to bring in players unless some went out the door. The bit of context that is missing here is whether Jack had already planned his budget to include Harry, and if so then JR comments would still be valid as no additional players are being brought in here as already accounted for that money. Given the on-going conversations between Jack and Harry over the close season that have been widely reported it's foreseeable that Jack knew he was getting his man and budgeted and is indeed talking about more beyond.

Just now, madball said:

Think what LPM is referring to is interviews where Jack said he had no budget to bring in players unless some went out the door. The bit of context that is missing here is whether Jack had already planned his budget to include Harry, and if so then JR comments would still be valid as no additional players are being brought in here as already accounted for that money. Given the on-going conversations between Jack and Harry over the close season that have been widely reported it's foreseeable that Jack knew he was getting his man and budgeted and is indeed talking about more beyond.

Jack also said he had no budget to bring players in without shipping some out after the Alloa game, and signed McShane 5 days later without anyone leaving...

1 minute ago, madball said:

Not really, its more to do with the interviews Ross states we couldnt normally afford/accomodate/be in the market for Davis if he was fit. 

Again i refer you to interviews with Ross on SMTV where he confirmed we wouldnt be able to afford him if he was fit.

That is not what you said though.

I haven't heard that comment from Jack, however, even if he did say it it still doesn't support your comment that we're making "a crock" our top earner.

IF that comment was made it simply means that Harry would be able to command more money somewhere else. It doesn't mean we've paid him that amount or made him our top earner.

3 minutes ago, DLBud said:

That is not what you said though.

I haven't heard that comment from Jack, however, even if he did say it it still doesn't support your comment that we're making "a crock" our top earner.

IF that comment was made it simply means that Harry would be able to command more money somewhere else. It doesn't mean we've paid him that amount or made him our top earner.

C'mon... who do you think is getting more than Harry?

Sutton, perhaps, but thats about it.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Remind me..

did he have a broken leg when we signed him? Bit of a difference there Flanders..

We gave him a new contract while he was still out with a cruciate ligament injury, and didn't start another game for another 2 and a half months after that...

C'mon... who do you think is getting more than Harry?
Sutton, perhaps, but thats about it.

I would imagine that Sutton, McGinn, McKenzie, Samson, Irvine and McShane are all on decent money but the reality is I don't have a clue and neither do you so why criticise the club without a shred of evidence to back up your claim?

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

I would imagine that Sutton, McGinn, McKenzie, Samson, Irvine and McShane are all on decent money but the reality is I don't have a clue and neither do you so why criticise the club without a shred of evidence to back up your claim?

Watch the video above. Then come back with your shreds of evidence to counter it.

47 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why is it my negative when the club knowingly signs an injured player on by their admission more money than we can normally afford..?

that is undeniable, and confirmed by the club facts!

i hope he can get fit and play asap as i have been at pains to concur he is good at this level, but ffs we could have signed an equally as good FIT player for the same money who would be starting on Saturday.

Ach maybe I am being negative suggesting we sign only players fit enough to pass the medical, i mean Rocco has been a revelation... hasnt he..?

Nowhere have the club or Jack said Harry is on more than we can normally afford. What Jack did say is that we wouldn't normally be able to afford a player of his quality, but that due to his injury and the fact he enjoyed his time here next season, he hoped a deal could be done. The implication - which is clear for everyone but you it appears - is that Harry has signed for less money than he could have got down south or with bigger clubs had he been fully fit.

I still haven't seen you give us the name of an equally as good fit player for the same money.

Also, are you suggesting that we gave his medical condition no consideration,or that the club doctor was not heavily involved in discussions with the manager and the player? That's the impression you're giving.

I'm staggered that people continue to entertain the frenzied slabberings of Lord Lookatme. I've had him on ignore for a good while, now, and all I can say is thank christ for that facility.

Unfortunately, I have been subjected to his deranged dribblings by virtue of quoted posts, however. I try to avoid these, but it can be difficult. What I haven't been able to avoid confirms that he continues to come across as a thoroughly wretched and needy individual who needs to find a new hobby.

Watch the video above. Then come back with your shreds of evidence to counter it.

I can't be arsed transcribing that for you but the summary is that Jack says that "financially we find it difficult to compete with opportunities in England" and that "ordinarily we wouldn't have a chance but his injury and the fact he enjoyed his time here give us a chance"

That's all he says about Harry. Where in that do you get that we've made him the top earner at the club?

Seriously, you provide this video to support your argument and it does the opposite. Are you ok?

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm staggered that people continue to entertain the frenzied slabberings of Lord Lookatme. I've had him on ignore for a good while, now, and all I can say is thank christ for that facility.

Unfortunately, I have been subjected to his deranged dribblings by virtue of quoted posts, however. I try to avoid these, but it can be difficult. What I haven't been able to avoid confirms that he continues to come across as a thoroughly wretched and needy individual who needs to find a new hobby.

Oh, you forgot, total nob end, cnut, and arse hole. :booty

Yep, guy is an absolutely toxic attention seeker

One of only 2 guys I have on ignore

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would have preferred a deal whereby we gave him rehab and training until fit, then backdated his wages on passing medical to day one of rehab. That to someone who has employed thousands of people makes more sense, and eliminates most risk.

Ok. Let's assume for a minute that you don't actually know the inner workings of St. Mirren FC and take a punt that the club actually did try what you say, but Harry knocked it back (which I would have if I were him). 

In light of that potential scenario why don't you have another go at answering my second question. Oh and while you're at it, why not go the whole hog and answer my first question too, rather than answering neither of my questions.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ok. Let's assume for a minute that you don't actually know the inner workings of St. Mirren FC and take a punt that the club actually did try what you say, but Harry knocked it back (which I would have if I were him). 

In light of that potential scenario why don't you have another go at answering my second question. Oh and while you're at it, why not go the whole hog and answer my first question too, rather than answering neither of my questions.

I wonder who is on that 'list' of clubs queing up to sign Harry?