Harry

When you get a chance to chat to Jack scouting in casualty ask what his thought process was cracking on signing Harry today whilst we have Eckersley, Magennis and Hilson out injured with the first league game this Saturday?

So, now it's about signing an injured player rather than making him our top earner, which was what was getting your panties in twist earlier? Ok then.[emoji849]

It would have been easier for you simply to have said you made a tit of yourself rather than keep this going. You may even have been able to salvage some shred of credibility had you done so.

My Gran used to tell us never to mock the afflicted so, out of respect for her, I'm going to leave you to your slabberings.

16 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Really good signing.  Welcome back Harry

Shut up! It's not! Jack is an idiot as he went in with an offer of £3,000 a week and upped it to £6,000 a week when he found out that Davis crawls about with Nik Naks for legs. He's probably scouting the morgue for new players as I type this.

This is a disaster, Jack and Harry and Eckersley and Magennis and Hilson and eh.....ehhh...everyone. It's a disaster I tells ya!

Sorry Tom, just giving you brief synopsis of how this thread has gone, what with the attention seeker and all that.

Are you suggesting that a fit Harry Davis would have trouble finding a club of higher standing than us to sign for.
Oh and unsurprisingly still no answer to my questions. 

He Doesn't answer questions. Would rather make spurious statements , proffering them as facts yet unable or unwilling to back these so called facts up .

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Could LP paint a bleaker picture. My God imagine sitting next to him on a 12 hour flight you would end up cutting your wrists.

Just put your headphones on, watch a couple of movies and get some kip.  Then when the recently relegated rookie pilot guides the plane through turbulent skies to a safe landing you can laugh at the doommonger.:D

My there sure are a lot of people who would rather fire childish insults than accept the wisdom, or lack thereof in signing an injured player when you already have three other key players out injured. Mabe Ross has started a trend and injured players will become prize commodities on deadline day?

Jack saw the light when others saw only crutches!

Signing a player with an injury is always going to be a risk. Maybe Jack Ross is taking into consideration that there are 36 league games in a Championship season and having a first choice player unavailable for the first 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 of those games is a price worth paying to secure the signing for the bulk of the season.

IMO Harry Davis's contribution to our revival after Christmas is enough to suggest that he is a risk well worth taking.

Edited by Wilbur

7 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm staggered that people continue to entertain the frenzied slabberings of Lord Lookatme. I've had him on ignore for a good while, now, and all I can say is thank christ for that facility.

Unfortunately, I have been subjected to his deranged dribblings by virtue of quoted posts, however. I try to avoid these, but it can be difficult. What I haven't been able to avoid confirms that he continues to come across as a thoroughly wretched and needy individual who needs to find a new hobby.

You need lessons in skimming.

7 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

Yep, guy is an absolutely toxic attention seeker

One of only 2 guys I have on ignore

How can some be attention seekers when they are using aliases ? :)

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Signing a player with an injury is always going to be a risk. Maybe Jack Ross is taking into consideration that there are 36 league games in a Championship season and having a first choice player unavailable for the first 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 of those games is a price worth paying to secure the signing for the bulk of the season.

IMO Harry Davis's contribution to our revival after Christmas is enough to suggest that he is a risk well worth taking.

While I don't agree with Lookatme's outrageous claims about salary etc., IF Davis were to more than 3-4 games then I would think it was a gamble too much. The way I read it he was in full training and just needed to sharpen up and strengthen a little. I hope this is the case.

23 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

While I don't agree with Lookatme's outrageous claims about salary etc., IF Davis were to more than 3-4 games then I would think it was a gamble too much. The way I read it he was in full training and just needed to sharpen up and strengthen a little. I hope this is the case.

I think he's now unrestricted in his movement. His next step to full fitness is to strengthen the knee by bearing weight on it, by running etc.  I don't think he's back in full training quite yet but isn't far from it. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I think he's now unrestricted in his movement. His next step to full fitness is to strengthen the knee by bearing weight on it, by running etc.  I don't think he's back in full training quite yet but isn't far from it. 

Yep - said that in his interview on the official site I believe. Just a question of building up strength and fitness.

21 hours ago, DLBud said:

Whit?

We won 4, drew 3 and lost 1 of those games. Following your logic that would get us 68 points which would have been good enough for 2nd place last year, 4th the year before that and 3rd in 2014/15.

But the reality is that we actually only played 8 games, conceded 10 goals and accumulated 15 points. The rest of the "whatiffery" is pure bollocks.

McKenzie and Baird will be ok.

In your humble opinion?

My point is valid, we conceded to many goals last season and pre season , we want to challenge we cant keep scoring 2/3 goals every week

So hardly bollocks , with Davis I feel more confident we can keep in tighter

In your humble opinion?
My point is valid, we conceded to many goals last season and pre season , we want to challenge we cant keep scoring 2/3 goals every week

So hardly bollocks , with Davis I feel more confident we can keep in tighter

It was bollocks mate. We lost 10 goals over an 8 game period last year and you extrapolated that to suggest how many goals we'd concede in a season and said it wouldn't be good enough.

I merely followed your logic and said that sort of form would yield us 68 points based on the 15 points the 8 game stretch brought us. That points total would be easily enough for top 4 based on previous year's final league tables. That too was speculative bollocks.

Anyway, my original point was that GMac and Baird will do fine until Harry is fit. Hopefully, they do so well that Jack has a problem at that point.