Harry

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

Perhaps, though it could equally be argued that some folk need lessons in how not to post unremitting shite.

That's the whole forum. One mans unremitting shite is another man's "we need another forward" posted as many times as possible. Aye Shull posts some amount of shite in his style, as do others in their,IMO, boring repetitive style. Takes all kinds. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

10 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Hmm, 5 minutes between your post and mine, then 2 minutes between mine and your reply.

Who looks more like who's troll?

Or were you just so excited that someone replied to your post?

:lol: I had another troll who tried to cover up his trolling with the time between posts. You must do better. PS I would gave answered you quicker but I was having a shite. :rolleyes: Run along fanny. :byebye

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

So you were just excited that someone replied to your post, then.

You must have an exciting life - especially when you have to imagine that you're interesting/important enough to have personal trolls.

I'll be busy for the next couple of hours, so don't be upset if it takes me a while to respond to your inevitable quick reply to this.

As you quoted skidmark, at least I know he's given us his explanation that the only thing that delays his posting shite on here is him actually doing shites.

As (hopefully) one of skidmarks vast army of personal trolls, I imagine I was to blame for covering up my trolling by ignoring all his posts for weeks at a time, while I was out doing living.  He wouldn't understand.

16 minutes ago, antrin said:

As you quoted skidmark, at least I know he's given us his explanation that the only thing that delays his posting shite on here is him actually doing shites.

As (hopefully) one of skidmarks vast army of personal trolls, I imagine I was to blame for covering up my trolling by ignoring all his posts for weeks at a time, while I was out doing living.  He wouldn't understand.

Eh?:blink:

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

It was bollocks mate. We lost 10 goals over an 8 game period last year and you extrapolated that to suggest how many goals we'd concede in a season and said it wouldn't be good enough.

I merely followed your logic and said that sort of form would yield us 68 points based on the 15 points the 8 game stretch brought us. That points total would be easily enough for top 4 based on previous year's final league tables. That too was speculative bollocks.

Anyway, my original point was that GMac and Baird will do fine until Harry is fit. Hopefully, they do so well that Jack has a problem at that point.

But DL this Season I have a target ( like Celtic) of zero tolerance on "bollocks" posts, as this is still technically pre season I can accept on the condition that you must like and be impressed with my 2017-18 contribution :whistle................... however on this one , after legal counsel "bollocks" has been proved without reasonable doubt  

38 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

So you were just excited that someone replied to your post, then.

You must have an exciting life - especially when you have to imagine that you're interesting/important enough to have personal trolls.

I'll be busy for the next couple of hours, so don't be upset if it takes me a while to respond to your inevitable quick reply to this.

Well see whilst your sitting on the crapper could you  come up with some reasonable suggestions on a new forward. I really think a new thread is required :toilet:toilet 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Skim my excrement. 

So easy to do. 

Surely you get it Shull?

what drives them crazy is the fact despite their abuse, name calling and bullying (never face to face) they cant control it, their flapping around hoping someone else is sitting around waiting to be offended who will join in with them and validate their atrocious anonymous behaviour.

if i dont agree with someones view on a player, i might give my view but if we are still poles apart i just leave it. Unfortunately the wee posse on here can't leave it and display all the negative behaviours of online abuse. Harrying, insulting, trying to get others involved... its what primary school teachers have to deal with everyday. (Obviously not at the moment whilst on their extended hols....that was for Dicko).

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Surely you get it Shull?

what drives them crazy is the fact despite their abuse, name calling and bullying (never face to face) they cant control it, their flapping around hoping someone else is sitting around waiting to be offended who will join in with them and validate their atrocious anonymous behaviour.

if i dont agree with someones view on a player, i might give my view but if we are still poles apart i just leave it. Unfortunately the wee posse on here can't leave it and display all the negative behaviours of online abuse. Harrying, insulting, trying to get others involved... its what primary school teachers have to deal with everyday. (Obviously not at the moment whilst on their extended hols....that was for Dicko).

I'm glad you finally got back on topic, LPM....   :)

From the quoted post I can see the irony overload as Lord Pitiful scweams and scweams about atrocious anonymous behaviour...

I particularly liked the bit where he said "if we're still poles apart I just leave it".

Aye right.[emoji849]

On 8/1/2017 at 6:11 PM, Drew said:

Liam Boyce who has just left County and is Burton Albion's biggest signing has picked up a serious injury in a friendly and is out for the season.

Gamble indeed.

every fit player is a gamble, signing an injured player is a huge gamble.  if the contract is laden heavily with conditions then great, but let's not kid ourselves that a good but unfit player is as good or better an option as signing a pretty good player who is injury free.

Realistically, it could be late October before he can complete a game.

I'd be shocked if it takes only 6 weeks before he is  at match-fitness - even THAT would be untenable.

The state of pay wrt his fitness must be well-known and established already.    I have to believe that he is expected to be a contributor much sooner rather than later.  Otherwise it was a DAFT decision to re-sign him.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm outraged that it's only Saints that sign injured players and wait for them to get fit.:angry:

Oh wait. No I'm not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40822339

I don't take any pleasure in what other teams have done, only concern is that Davis get's fit as soon as possible.

For every example you give theirs hundreds that are not injured so a pretty weak point IMO.

Just now, beyond our ken said:

So it appears county didn't know he was crocked when he signed

"But County's medics discovered the 28-year-old had a groin problem.

"He's had 18 months where he has been carrying an injury and his body hasn't felt right," said County manager Jim McIntyre."

Did they not examine him before signing him?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I don't take any pleasure in what other teams have done, only concern is that Davis get's fit as soon as possible.

For every example you give theirs hundreds that are not injured so a pretty weak point IMO.

I didn't ask you to take any pleasure.

I was simply pointing out that it's hardly unusual to sign an unfit player and get him up to fitness.

A weak response by yourself IMO, if you want to go down that route.