St Mirren V Airdrie - Third Place Decider

St.Ricky

3 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

id like to see Sutton and Reilly both start,big guy/little guy,with O'Keefe and Morgan on wings,with McShane n smith attacking midfielders,the rest picks it's self,COYS,Ps not going as nephews wedding

Yeah I agree , Reilly definitely needs a target man playing along side him .

I'm hopeful of a reaction to last weeks poor performance. This is our last competitive game before the serious stuff starts against Falkirk next week , so we really need to put in a decent display.
3-1 Saints .

I agree, and we will.

Though oddly enough, we will score 5.

Saints 5-2 Airdrie

2 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

We've moved to the main stand so anyone in the west looking for me.

Good seats just along from the away dug out,where's Ian McCall when you need him,I'm sure some other managers will be entertaining :D

The Airdrie manager won't be - they've not got one .

1 hour ago, Eaglesham saint said:

We've moved to the main stand so anyone in the west looking for me.

Good seats just along from the away dug out,where's Ian McCall when you need him,I'm sure some other managers will be entertaining :D

Enjoy your new seats.

Sweary woman was around G90 ish, West Stand, I would say at the Livi game. Out f'kin rageous she is. I had the misfortune to be very close to her at Easter Road last day of last season. Staggering what comes out her mouth with her little one in tow. I had thought she was a one off till the Livi game..........I was wrong [emoji20]

Oh dear!
I sit at H87!
I will be bringing my 5 year old son to most games this season. If she is there for the season then I can't see this being a fun season on or off the pitch now.

The most important thing for us in this game is to avoid injuries and suspensions. Another big injury to a first eleven player is the last thing we need. The Falkirk game next week is crucial for the football club, this one isn't.

This league cup campaign has been a failure regardless of today's result. Write it off and move on to the league.

42 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The most important thing for us in this game is to avoid injuries and suspensions. Another big injury to a first eleven player is the last thing we need. The Falkirk game next week is crucial for the football club, this one isn't.

This league cup campaign has been a failure regardless of today's result. Write it off and move on to the league.

Agree with most of this but think this game can still be quite important to us.

Granted, the result however it goes changes nothing as far as this competition goes but a decent performance and win should instill a bit of confidence in the team after the last 2 poor results. Last thing we need is to be going into the  Falkirk game with our heads down.

Its also a chance to see who's actually up for it and who wants to step up after last week's shocker. 

We've no doubt been working on a few  of things in training so it's another chance to put them to the test as well before the real stuff starts. 

Damp squib yes but not a totally pointless exercise.

Fully expect us to put in a performance and get a decent win giving us all a wee lift before Falkirk next week.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Out of interest, how are the fixtures for this stage of the competition decided?

Not sure being home or away makes a massive difference but just wondering.

Score more goals than the other Team - win game

That simple  Dan :byebye

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Can't see there being many in attendance today , but everyone that turns up could be affectively helping to bring in some new faces before the Falkirk game next week . Every penny helps .

Too late, we should have signed Liam before Raith jumped in.