St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship. 5/8/17

shull

The start of what will be a difficult and exciting campaign. 

We can be promoted, of that I have no doubt. Jack will sort it. 

Very hard match to start with against a Team who will get lots of cheap free kicks due to the diving and cheating from Loy, Miller and Hippolyte. 

However, we will overcome 

St Mirren  1  Falkirk  0

Crowd  5287

PREMIERSHIP HERE WE COME 

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Falkirk fans on Pie and Bovril very confident on this game glad to see it if we win the melt down will make for good reading

Whose meltdown?

The Falkirk fans or Lookatme and TC?:whistle

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Whose meltdown?

The Falkirk fans or Lookatme and TC?:whistle

As I was saying. Always trying and failing to put down a Buddie. What a pathetic specimen you are. :lol:

It is all about oneupmanship for you. 

Are you 10? 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Falkirk fans on Pie and Bovril very confident on this game glad to see it if we win the melt down will make for good reading. 

Can't blame them. Our record against them at home is honking :(

51 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Can't blame them. Our record against them at home is honking :(

The 3-2 defeat at the start of the season we had just been relegated was the worst.

2-0 up at HT and cruising.

Lee Miller comes on after HT and it all went to shit, culminating in Baird's winner in injury time.<_<

What a boot in the nuts that score was.

The 3-2 defeat at the start of the season we had just been relegated was the worst.
2-0 up at HT and cruising.
Lee Miller comes on after HT and it all went to shit, culminating in Baird's winner in injury time.<_> What a boot in the nuts that score was.

That was nearly as bad as the Ham#### game [emoji30]

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Not for me.

I wasn't expecting to beat the blue bigots.

I wasn't expecting to beat them either. Then they went down to ten men and I thought we would beat them. Then they went down to nine men, and I nearly creamed my pants at the thought of a St Mirren captain lifting the League Cup above his head while 35,000 of those cnuts shuffled out of Hampden staring at their shoes... then we fcuked it up. Those fcukers should have been put away and sent home to count the cash in their latest EBT envelope.

Was Hammarby bad? Damn right it was. Nothing I have ever experienced watching St Mirren even came close to how bad I felt exiting Hampden after that 2010 final. Not Hammarby, not the Gretna away cup defeat, not the ball through Billy's legs defeat at Dens, not even seeing the bib strip for the first time.. I genuinely thought that 2010 defeat was so crushing it could set our club back for years. That's why 2013 was so sweet - a mere three years later we consigned memories of 2010 to Room 101.... we righted a wrong, won the goddam thing.... and in style too. A come from behind thrilling final 3-2 win. A classic final with great goals.

Sometimes I still don't believe it. That's not the St Mirren way. To suffer the ultimate kick in the baws to one of 'them' but not to suffer forever and a day regretting our implosion? The stuff of dreams.

Hammarby? Bad enough, but not even close to the stomach churning let down of 2010. Looking back at Hammarby, we were crushed because we fcuked up in European competition. That's where we were, playing in, and expecting to win in, European competitions. Christ, I'd take a 'Hammarby' every season to be back at that level of competition.

Edited by pozbaird

On 7/23/2017 at 1:54 PM, shull said:

The start of what will be a difficult and exciting campaign. 

We can be promoted, of that I have no doubt. Jack will sort it. 

Very hard match to start with against a Team who will get lots of cheap free kicks due to the diving and cheating from Loy, Miller and Hippolyte. 

However, we will overcome 

St Mirren  1  Falkirk  0

Crowd  5287

PREMIERSHIP HERE WE COME 

Your first mistake has been to predict we will keep a clean sheet.

On 27/07/2017 at 8:32 PM, pozbaird said:

I wasn't expecting to beat them either. Then they went down to ten men and I thought we would beat them. Then they went down to nine men, and I nearly creamed my pants at the thought of a St Mirren captain lifting the League Cup above his head while 35,000 of those cnuts shuffled out of Hampden staring at their shoes... then we fcuked it up. Those fcukers should have been put away and sent home to count the cash in their latest EBT envelope.

Was Hammarby bad? Damn right it was. Nothing I have ever experienced watching St Mirren even came close to how bad I felt exiting Hampden after that 2010 final. Not Hammarby, not the Gretna away cup defeat, not the ball through Billy's legs defeat at Dens, not even seeing the bib strip for the first time.. I genuinely thought that 2010 defeat was so crushing it could set our club back for years. That's why 2013 was so sweet - a mere three years later we consigned memories of 2010 to Room 101.... we righted a wrong, won the goddam thing.... and in style too. A come from behind thrilling final 3-2 win. A classic final with great goals.

Sometimes I still don't believe it. That's not the St Mirren way. To suffer the ultimate kick in the baws to one of 'them' but not to suffer forever and a day regretting our implosion? The stuff of dreams.

Hammarby? Bad enough, but not even close to the stomach churning let down of 2010. Looking back at Hammarby, we were crushed because we fcuked up in European competition. That's where we were, playing in, and expecting to win in, European competitions. Christ, I'd take a 'Hammarby' every season to be back at that level of competition.

Everything you say above is true, yet I can honestly say that I felt worse walking out of Love Street after the Hammarby game, than I did walking out of Hampden after the Rangers game.

Maybe it's an age thing. I took football far more seriously when I was young.