St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship. 5/8/17

shull

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Everything you say above is true, yet I can honestly say that I felt worse walking out of Love Street after the Hammarby game, than I did walking out of Hampden after the Rangers game.

Maybe it's an age thing. I took football far more seriously when I was young. 

I took fitba more seriously when i was young as well.

Hammarby was bad at the time but as time went on it's not unusual for a team to lose late goals in the dying mins

We have dug out famous wins doing so Raith 2-1 springs to mind

But losing a cup final when the other team are 2 men less with over 30 mins left

Was the biggest boot in the balls ever especially when it's one of the gruesome twosome

The sight of 35000 bigots dancing to One Step Beyond after they scored haunts me still

One thing we seem to be able to say is that our games this season have produced a lot of goals ...an average if 4 per game so far with a total of 9 for and 7 against. I have to say that I would bite off someone's hand who could offer a guaranteed 1...0 win against Falkirk.

33 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I took fitba more seriously when i was young as well.

Hammarby was bad at the time but as time went on it's not unusual for a team to lose late goals in the dying mins

We have dug out famous wins doing so Raith 2-1 springs to mind

But losing a cup final when the other team are 2 men less with over 30 mins left

Was the biggest boot in the balls ever especially when it's one of the gruesome twosome

The sight of 35000 bigots dancing to One Step Beyond after they scored haunts me still

It was when they started singing "we only need 9 men" I started to get a trifle miffed.

Strong and top class Referee and we will win.

A weak and shite referee and we could be fecked.

Diving cheats Loy, Miller and Hippolyte will get free kicks , penalties and a good few of our players yellow carded and a red or two..

That might be our downfall.

Edited by shull

Funny thing about fitba' is that the honking home record v your opponent, the couple of shitty early season results and the amount of pish stained breeks count for nothing next Saturday at 3pm.

Our team will be up for it next week and we easily have players that can hurt Falkirk. We're putting a marker down next Saturday and I'm happy for any of you to bookmark it.

#COYS

I think we will spring a surprise on Saturday.

We are not that bad and they are not that good.

Falkirk will rock up believing that the points are in the bag. A bit of complacency from them, coupled with a bit of hard work from us, and they will get the afforded the opportunity to think again.

2-1 hard fought win for Saints - Reilly and Morgan

I wasn't expecting to beat them either. Then they went down to ten men and I thought we would beat them. Then they went down to nine men, and I nearly creamed my pants at the thought of a St Mirren captain lifting the League Cup above his head while 35,000 of those cnuts shuffled out of Hampden staring at their shoes... then we fcuked it up. Those fcukers should have been put away and sent home to count the cash in their latest EBT envelope.
Was Hammarby bad? Damn right it was. Nothing I have ever experienced watching St Mirren even came close to how bad I felt exiting Hampden after that 2010 final. Not Hammarby, not the Gretna away cup defeat, not the ball through Billy's legs defeat at Dens, not even seeing the bib strip for the first time.. I genuinely thought that 2010 defeat was so crushing it could set our club back for years. That's why 2013 was so sweet - a mere three years later we consigned memories of 2010 to Room 101.... we righted a wrong, won the goddam thing.... and in style too. A come from behind thrilling final 3-2 win. A classic final with great goals.
Sometimes I still don't believe it. That's not the St Mirren way. To suffer the ultimate kick in the baws to one of 'them' but not to suffer forever and a day regretting our implosion? The stuff of dreams.
Hammarby? Bad enough, but not even close to the stomach churning let down of 2010. Looking back at Hammarby, we were crushed because we fcuked up in European competition. That's where we were, playing in, and expecting to win in, European competitions. Christ, I'd take a 'Hammarby' every season to be back at that level of competition.

Ah yes, reminiscing time.......

Two unreal own goals for us these horror shows were.
Naivety and fear cost us in both games.

What made the Hamden loss such a bitter own goal was the management tactics and the fitness levels of some of our players. I also recall a barney about some prize money and win bonus payments. I distinctly recall a struggling for fitness Ross vainly attempting to support the wide side, especially frustrating as the currants were on their knees at the time. I remember Dargo complaining bitterly ( yet again ) at the teams failure to support him in an advanced role. This failing on the day could have in fact been considered a feature of the teams shape and general negative set up during his entire tenure with us.

Anyway, smashing, I now feel sufficiently spew worthy after this little trip down failure alley ????

I thought we played well right up until the second red card. 

We would have won if they had kept 10 or 11 on the Park.

A memory which didn't surprise me and summed the Bigot fans up, was hundreds upon hundreds of them walking away from Hampden before their Team was presented with the Trophy. 

Maybe they were against EBT'S and cheating. 

They are The People. 

Cnuts 

Think Falkirk will miss Sibbald from their midfield ..... he always seemed to play well against us. Still to be convinced on McShane / McGinn combination in our midfield although it's early days. Whether it is Sutton or someone else we need a target man for Reilly to play off and Morgan on song can be a match winner for us.

Big crowd, great atmosphere so here's hoping Saints can get our season off to a flyer.

COYS !!

30 minutes ago, Dare said:

Think Falkirk will miss Sibbald from their midfield ..... he always seemed to play well against us. Still to be convinced on McShane / McGinn combination in our midfield although it's early days. Whether it is Sutton or someone else we need a target man for Reilly to play off and Morgan on song can be a match winner for us.

Big crowd, great atmosphere so here's hoping Saints can get our season off to a flyer.

COYS !!

He's back up from Luton Town and will be re-signing for them next week by the looks of it.

If you believe the Falkirk fans on P&B it's not worth us turning up next week, as their football is so good.

Guest TPAFKATS
He's back up from Luton Town and will be re-signing for them next week by the looks of it.
If you believe the Falkirk fans on P&B it's not worth us turning up next week, as their football is so good.

Surprising, Peter Houston isn't normally associated with good quality football [emoji3]

4 minutes ago, Dare said:

Didn't realise he was back up the road - bit strange that one. Doubt he will play given Falkirk form without him

Apparently Luton weren't that impressed, and didn't think the compo fee was worth shelling out.

The Falkirk board are desperate to sell him to re-fill their impoverished coffers apparently.