St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship. 5/8/17

shull

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

To be fair you're in the same boat as Shull who predicts we'll win every game. :rolleyes:

Then, there's elvis.............:lol:

We need an elvis prediction, he never gets it wrong. :rolleyes:

Edited by pod

To be fair you're in the same boat as Shull who predicts we'll win every game. :rolleyes:
Then, there's elvis.............:lol:

And to be 'really fair' , I told Munoz , i like his prediction for yesterday but he was wrong as i said 'we will score 5'

Though i predicted 5-2 , i meant 5 goals 2 missed penalties :P

13 hours ago, whydowebother said:

And to be 'really fair' , I told Munoz , i like his prediction for yesterday but he was wrong as i said 'we will score 5'

Though i predicted 5-2 , i meant 5 goals 2 missed penalties :P

Close , but no prize .

Right, well just looked up Falkirk's LC form this season. Obviously they've were well prepared for the warm-up tourney! :rolleyes:

Given our H2H record since we were relegated anything we can get from this match will be welcome, still it's a new League campaign and hope springs eternal and all that.

Only one thing to say - let's resurrect the spirit of Paul McKnight & give these bairns a right doin'! :wolf

COYS! 

6 hours ago, billyg said:

I think we may well lose , but it may be no bad thing as it'll mean JR will know he has to strengthen this window !

He knows already Billy. In the press today saying how frustrated he is with the transfer window. Said if we want to be challenging at the top we need two more signings. Sounds like budget is the problem we need to move two on to make space. 

Ah yes, reminiscing time.......

Two unreal own goals for us these horror shows were.
Naivety and fear cost us in both games.

What made the Hamden loss such a bitter own goal was the management tactics and the fitness levels of some of our players. I also recall a barney about some prize money and win bonus payments. I distinctly recall a struggling for fitness Ross vainly attempting to support the wide side, especially frustrating as the currants were on their knees at the time. I remember Dargo complaining bitterly ( yet again ) at the teams failure to support him in an advanced role. This failing on the day could have in fact been considered a feature of the teams shape and general negative set up during his entire tenure with us.

Anyway, smashing, I now feel sufficiently spew worthy after this little trip down failure alley ????

Managers tactics? They caught us on the break.

Not lost at home (League) in over 6 months now.

Been a loooooong time since we could talk about being difficult to beat at home. This is another thing the players should be well aware of come 3pm on Saturday.

Hopefully, they expect to win. They should.

Guest TPAFKATS
Not lost at home (League) in over 6 months now . Would be good to keep that run going for as long as possible . The last team to beat us - Falkirk .

Well I was looking forward to this, now munoz has jinxed it

With the signing of Harry, I am hoping this will have a positive effect on Baird and Mckenzie since they will know they will have to raise their game to stay in the starting 11 after Harry is fit. This will be my 1st game since the Hibs game and hoping I am as happy on sat as I was in Edinburgh :D  2-1 for the saints.

I'd expect them to bring 1000+ on Saturday although not as many as we took to them towards the end of last season. :P

I've thought Sibbald is over-rated for a while now and given he's played over 200 games, I think without checking, while still being relatively young it tells a story that an English 4th division club don't want him. By all accounts Falkirk seem to have more pace up front than previously with Hippolyte-the-diver and Nathan Austen so we'll need to be on our toes at the back. If they still have Aaron Muirhead at right back then Lewis Morgan should have a field day though I'd be wary of Muirhead or Peter Grant clugging Morgan in the same way Grant did to McMullan a couple of seasons back putting him out for 2 or 3 months.

We're due a win against this shower especially at home so let's hope it's this Saturday.